Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just remember everyone
Has it ever occurred that the plan all along for us is for Mikey and company to have been taking the proverbial knee for the league to make gazillions of dollars at fans and players expense and now the bill is coming due?
I love a good conspiracy theory especially when there's plausible deniability to say we've played the role of Washington Generals like good foot soldiers long enough. I think all the elements are in play this year. 
50th anniversary 
Haven't won didly squat for a minimum of 26 years 
LONG LONG suffering fans who have absolutely hated team owner 
Coach" on the hot seat"..
Started off in a deep hole 
Perceived heroes AND VILLAINS 
No players having "taken the knee"
Plenty of division rivals with negative controversy 
Cedric Obuehi at left tackle and Jake the flake at right 

C'mon.. What more can the league story line writers want to propel us all the way to the top? 
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 10:45 AM)grampahol Wrote: Has it ever occurred that the plan all along for us is for Mikey and company to have been taking the proverbial knee for the league to make gazillions of dollars at fans and players expense and now the bill is coming due?
I love a good conspiracy theory especially when there's plausible deniability to say we've played the role of Washington Generals like good foot soldiers long enough. I think all the elements are in play this year. 
50th anniversary 
Haven't won didly squat for a minimum of 26 years 
LONG LONG suffering fans who have absolutely hated team owner 
Coach" on the hot seat"..
Started off in a deep hole 
Perceived heroes AND VILLAINS 
No players having "taken the knee"
Plenty of division rivals with negative controversy 
Cedric Obuehi at left tackle and Jake the flake at right 

C'mon.. What more can the league story line writers want to propel us all the way to the top? 

If it means seeing the Bengals hoisting the Lombardi Trophy, I'll take whatever reason it's due to.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 10:36 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Why do you hate us?  Sad If we make th eplayoffs and go on a run that just means more Marvin Lewis after this season!  Sad

Of course, if we make the Super Bowl, you have to give the man credit for getting us there, so maybe an extension would be deserved.  Nervous

I don't know, man. I just don't know! Why must you do this to us?!  Mellow

The only place where Marvin could be the super bowl winning coach for 5 years and still have plenty of fans wanting him to be fired..  Ya know..I can almost predict that scenario. Of course we haven't won squat yet.. I'll get back to you in 2022.. lol
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 10:49 AM)PhilHos Wrote: If it means seeing the Bengals hoisting the Lombardi Trophy, I'll take whatever reason it's due to.

I'm with you. I don't believe in coincidence especially in the NFL.. I'm still a fan despite thinking the whole thing is scripted. As mentioned previously, you can't accidentally be stupid enough to become a multi billion dollar enterprise.. That takes planning and sacrifice..

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 10:26 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: No, ravens are not good.  If the bengals finish with 6 losses (easier said than done)their biggest competition will be the steelers. Not the ravens.

I did not say they were good and I do not think they are good. I said that they have an easy schedule for a little bit so until they hit the hard part of their schedule, they will be the team to catch up to. Steelers will lose to the Chiefs this week and hopefully to us the next week. 
Reply/Quote
Well, da Rats play da Bears this week with the Bears new toy at QB.. 
Maybe da Bears receivers will actually hold onto the ball this week although I think this one will be a cake walk for the Rats.. 
Stranger things do happen though like their win over the Squats.. Maybe lightning will strike twice.  

Reply/Quote
Chiefs should beat the Steelers. That will really help you guys.
Reply/Quote