Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baby Hawk released by Browns
Would you like to see him back in stripes?
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2017, 03:26 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Would you like to see him back in stripes?

Over James Wright, yes.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Tyler Boyd already has the slot receive role locked down.

Hawkins hasn't done much the past 2 years in Cleveland.
Reply/Quote
Nah hes good in space and on Special teams... But we gotta grow Boyd and Core.. And we had issues with getting the ball to hawk over the middle.

And we can use Gio for screens in space.
Reply/Quote
He did absolutely nothing for receiver needy Browns. But typical Bengal signing. Sign Hawk, re-sign Hunt, Peko, keep Rey M, and cry broke and act like they can't afford the big 3.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2017, 04:29 PM)jj22 Wrote: He did absolutely nothing for receiver needy Browns. But typical Bengal signing. Sign Hawk, re-sign Hunt, Peko, keep Rey M, and cry broke and act like they can't afford the big 3.

Agree, but they will also pretend like Hawkins in a big signing.
Reply/Quote
http://www.nfl.com/videos/cleveland-browns/0ap3000000416741/Hawkins-jokingly-teaches-son-a-lesson

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2017, 03:26 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Would you like to see him back in stripes?

No, not really. He was ineffective here for a majority of his stay and who do you get rid of? James Wright (who offers st play, Core who his a physical freak and was effective once he saw the field).
Reply/Quote
Once you've been a Brown, you're dead to me.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2017, 04:29 PM)jj22 Wrote: He did absolutely nothing for receiver needy Browns. But typical Bengal signing. Sign Hawk, re-sign Hunt, Peko, keep Rey M, and cry broke and act like they can't afford the big 3.

Hunts hard to make a call on.. I'm sure we can get him back cheap and he has looked better each year... 

If we want him back at least I think the bengals might be eyeing pass rushers this year in the draft
Reply/Quote
I could go either way here. He'd have to come cheap, b/c his role always seemed a bit limited. I don't see him as a number 2 or 3, but more of a spark player that gets you going when you need something.

If it were my choice, I'd take a speed receiver in 1 or 2, let LaFell walk, then maybe bring in Hawk to compete with Wright in camp. I actually think LaFell may be a lot more expensive to sign that anyone expects. It's not my money, obviously, and I like the guy, but there's no way I'm paying him more than 3 or 4 million. Get a high-ceiling rookie and sign a cheap FA to make things interesting.
Reply/Quote

No.  The guy was basically a one year wonder.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2017, 01:32 PM)Whatever Wrote: No.  The guy was basically a one year wonder.

A one year wonder... who did it for three years.

'12-'14: 126 catches/1,556 yards(12.3 AVG)/6 TD

Two of those years were as a #4 WR, one as a #3 WR. One of those years was a half-year. Not too shabby for a one year wonder. Not saying I think the Bengals need to sign him, but you're understating what he did by quite a bit.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Just another example of a player who took more money to go to the Browns only to wash out. There have been a bunch...
Reply/Quote
Baby Hawk has suffered a ton of concussions. I'm actually surprised he hasn't retired yet.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
He wouldn't finish the season with his concussion history.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-28-2017, 02:51 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: A one year wonder... who did it for three years.

'12-'14: 126 catches/1,556 yards(12.3 AVG)/6 TD

Two of those years were as a #4 WR, one as a #3 WR. One of those years was a half-year. Not too shabby for a one year wonder. Not saying I think the Bengals need to sign him, but you're understating what he did by quite a bit.

I was referring to his time here but to be fair, the guy has only had 2 years of 500+ receiving yards in his career.
Reply/Quote
I'd love him back.
Reply/Quote
He'd be nice a nice option on KR or PR but I seem to recall from someone a couple years ago that he refused to do either of those.
Reply/Quote
No thanks, we have Boyd
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote