Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bachie-ACL tear
Torn ACL per Zac. That's the worst news for this kid. That really sucks for him, he was playing well. He should be back by the start of next season if we follow the Trey Hopkins (2 weeks later) playbook. But, he probably needs a good camp since despite some good games in the season, he is still a back of roster guy

Looks like Wilson will miss this week too

Mixon is limited this week but the news is encouraging on him

Kareem is in concussion protocol

Adeniji has a sprained ankle that is not as bad as they feared. Unfortunately that still doesn't say how bad it actually is

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
That sucks. We’ve now lost Wilson, ADG, Evans, and Bachie. Seems like there’s always at least one position group that gets decimated by injuries in any given year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Poor guy. He was actually playing really well too.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 06:10 PM)pally Wrote: Torn ACL per Zac. That's the worst news for this kid.  That really sucks for him, he was playing well. He should be back by the start of next season if we follow the Trey Hopkins (2 weeks later) playbook. But, he probably needs a good camp since despite some good games in the season, he is still a back of roster guy

Looks like Wilson will miss this week too

Mixon is limited this week but the news is encouraging on him

Kareem is in concussion protocol

Adeniji has a sprained ankle that is not as bad as they feared.  Unfortunately that still doesn't say how bad it actually is

This might be the wrong thread for this, but can someone give me some info on Kareem? He seemed like he played well yesterday. What's his ceiling? Just a fill in guy? I dont even remember where he came from. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Totally sucks for the kid and I hope he recovers and can play next season.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 06:17 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This might be the wrong thread for this, but can someone give me some info on Kareem? He seemed like he played well yesterday. What's his ceiling? Just a fill in guy? I dont even remember where he came from. 

Drafted in the 5th last year from ND.

He's a Michael Johnson/Ramondo Stallings-type (if you can remember that far back lol) player, just with a bit less length.

If I had to lump him in with past players:

MJ
Stallings
Geathers
Copeland

He's that type of player, just not as good a pass rusher (IMO) as MJ and nobody on that list is/was as good against the run as Copeland.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 06:17 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This might be the wrong thread for this, but can someone give me some info on Kareem? He seemed like he played well yesterday. What's his ceiling? Just a fill in guy? I dont even remember where he came from. 

5th round pick out of Notre Dame a couple years ago. Looked like more of just a run defender until this preseason when he flashed some as a pass rusher. Ceiling isn’t terribly high, but decent depth/fill in.

Reply/Quote

He's a 2nd-year guy out of Notre Dame.  He had an off-season shoulder injury that was aggravated during a preseason game. He was doing really well in preseason too.  Went on IR when the roster was set.  Was activated off IR at the very end of Oct.  Then missed a couple of games because of the flu. He was just rounding back into productive snaps when he got the concussion on his forced fumble/steal yesterday.  He is a solid backup when he gets on the field

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
We have the IR rule where a guy only has to be out 3 weeks. Not using it on Wilson is bad roster management. Rushing a LB back with a bad shoulder sounds stupid to anyone with a brain. Pisses me off we have been playing and preparing a man short when we could have easily had another LB in here getting them ready.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 06:32 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: We have the IR rule where a guy only has to be out 3 weeks. Not using it on Wilson is bad roster management. Rushing a LB back with a bad shoulder sounds stupid to anyone with a brain. Pisses me off we have been playing and preparing a man short when we could have easily had another LB in here getting them ready.

We have NEVER been a man short; we picked up Calitro 2 weeks ago, Johnston 3 weeks ago and have been using our PS as well, not to mention we've had Bachie since ADG went down.

They obviously felt he could've come back in time, but putting on IR now means he's gone for the rest of the season, when he could come back against the Chefs.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I'd be thrilled if Wilson could be ready this Sunday.
Reply/Quote

Carlos Dunlap busted a spring when they moved KK up the depth chart last year..
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Our LB corps just got completely decimated. ****.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Tough time of the year for injuries as these will linger into the offseason activities (and maybe 2022).

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 06:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Carlos Dunlap busted a spring when they moved KK up the depth chart last year..

MLK

Reply/Quote
We can't have nice things!!!

No, seriously, we can't. These guys just keep ballin' then fallin'
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
Von Bell prob will be playing some LB this week
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Good luck in your recovery, Joe "Do you speak" Bachie.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 06:36 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: We have NEVER been a man short; we picked up Calitro 2 weeks ago, Johnston 3 weeks ago and have been using our PS as well, not to mention we've had Bachie since ADG went down.

They obviously felt he could've come back in time, but putting on IR now means he's gone for the rest of the season, when he could come back against the Chefs.

I don't know if you realize, putting him on IR would have allowed us to bring in another LB off the streets who could have been learning our playbook. The Bachie injury now makes it even more stupid that we failed to put Wilson on IR. Calitro and Jones have both been elevated from the practice squad the last two weeks. And from my understanding two promotions from the practice squad is the limit. After that you have to sign them to the 53 if you want their services on game day.

When you have a guy who is hurt and won't play taking a up a 53 man roster spot. You are a man short. It would have hurt nothing putting him on IR the day after he got hurt and seeing where he was at after 3 weeks.

Rushing our young potential stud LB back from a shoulder injury and not taking advantage of the short term IR rule is/was a terrible idea.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 06:32 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: We have the IR rule where a guy only has to be out 3 weeks. Not using it on Wilson is bad roster management. Rushing a LB back with a bad shoulder sounds stupid to anyone with a brain. Pisses me off we have been playing and preparing a man short when we could have easily had another LB in here getting them ready.

Teams can only make decisions with the information that have been given. If the medical staff told them Wilson had the possibility to be back for KC then putting him on IR would have been a mistake. If he misses the game vs KC then not putting him on IR was a mistake. 

The Team went with the low cost high reward route and kept him in the roster. You can criticize in hindsight but that's all it is hindsight.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote