Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back End of the Schedule
Everybody keeps pointing to this first part of the schedule as being the most brutal part of the season. If you look at the back end of the schedule our last six games include four divisional matchups (2 against the Ravens), a home game against Philly and a road trip to Houston. The Houston game is a Christmas Eve primetime matchup while the Pitt game is a Sunday night matchup. Call me crazy for not seeing the optimism in the schedule.
Reply/Quote
Well... They do get to have a say in the division those last few weeks. That's all they can ask for. It's a first place schedule. It's supposed to hard.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 12:00 PM)NKYRob Wrote: Everybody keeps pointing to this first part of the schedule as being the most brutal part of the season.  If you look at the back end of the schedule our last six games include four divisional matchups (2 against the Ravens), a home game against Philly and a road trip to Houston.  The Houston game is a Christmas Eve primetime matchup while the Pitt game is a Sunday night matchup.  Call me crazy for not seeing the optimism in the schedule.

This is why looking at strength of schedule before the season is completely pointless. You dont know how good teams are going to be until at least a fourth of the way through. 

The Eagles look like world beaters now and the Cardinals look like crap. Who would have thought? 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 12:00 PM)NKYRob Wrote: Everybody keeps pointing to this first part of the schedule as being the most brutal part of the season.  If you look at the back end of the schedule our last six games include four divisional matchups (2 against the Ravens), a home game against Philly and a road trip to Houston.  The Houston game is a Christmas Eve primetime matchup while the Pitt game is a Sunday night matchup.  Call me crazy for not seeing the optimism in the schedule.

I keep thinking the same thing.  I just pointed out in another thread that the team has five primetime games, the Patriots, Ravens twice, Eagles, and Cowboys in Dallas yet to come.  I don't feel very good about any part of the schedule going forward.
Reply/Quote
Very good point. We'll find out what they do with a short week, and while I don't think its a must win, it's going to be tough sledding if they dig a hole too deep early in the season. I know a lot can change week to week, but this team needs to get it's act together fast! The teams that we've played thus far could be similar to what we see in January IF we make it there this year...Haven't written us off yet, but I'm concerned...

WHO DEY!!!
Tiger
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 12:51 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I keep thinking the same thing.  I just pointed out in another thread that the team has five primetime games, the Patriots, Ravens twice, Eagles, and Cowboys in Dallas yet to come.  I don't feel very good about any part of the schedule going forward.

With Marvy's inability to motivate the players (and coaches) to do well in high-stakes games, it doesn't bode well. It could mean the last season for ML as HC in Cincinnati. Of course, Mikey would l promote the groundskeeper to HC Cry
Reply/Quote