Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back Up QB Option
The rumor is the Jet's may end up cutting or trading Teddy Bridgewater. I'd be interested in calling the Jets and sending them a late round pick for Bridgewater. There will probably be other vets cut as well like Glennon in Arizona, but I think Bridgewater has some decent upside still and is on a relatively cheap deal. I'd also be open to a potential late pick trade for the loser of the back up race in Denver, either Paxton Lynch or Chad Kelly.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2018, 09:15 AM)Au165 Wrote: The rumor is the Jet's may end up cutting or trading Teddy Bridgewater. I'd be interested in calling the Jets and sending them a late round pick for Bridgewater. There will probably be other vets cut as well like Glennon in Arizona, but I think Bridgewater has some decent upside still and is on a relatively cheap deal. I'd also be open to a potential late pick trade for the loser of the back up race in Denver, either Paxton Lynch or Chad Kelly.

gotta think if hes getting cut hes still not healthy enough to contribute much...    I know the jets drafted a QB high this year but still if Bridgewater could compete for the starting spot with The Old Fella... I'm sure he would be.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2018, 10:01 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: gotta think if hes getting cut hes still not healthy enough to contribute much...    I know the jets drafted a QB high this year but still if Bridgewater could compete for the starting spot with The Old Fella... I'm sure he would be.

Not at all, McCowan is the incumbent with Darnold eventually taking over. Teddy was the back up plan in case the QB's didn't fall the way they wanted but all indications are he will be the odd man out when it's said and done. Teddy is participating in all activities and looked good at OTA's. With that said if Bridgewater gets the job and they let McCowan go, I'd love to get him here.
Reply/Quote
Not against bringing in Teddy, believe he is actually healthy for the first time in awhile.

He is smart and doesn't throw many interceptions. I like Driskel and think Barkley has got a bit of an unfair shake
but with Woodside's DUI it might not be a bad idea to bring in more competition here. Just doubt it happens, think
our coaches like who we have. We usually don't bring in guys that don't know the system well here.
Reply/Quote
Honestly, while I get why the Bengals signed Barkley, I'm perfectly willing to go into the season with Driskel as the primary backup. Let him fight it out with Logan and go with whichever of the 2 shows the most potential to win games.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2018, 01:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote:  We usually don't bring in guys that don't know the system well here.

We currently don't have a system. Most of it would be new to everyone anyway?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2018, 02:38 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: We currently don't have a system. Most of it would be new to everyone anyway?

Good point, everything is new this year.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2018, 10:13 AM)Au165 Wrote: Not at all, McCowan is the incumbent with Darnold eventually taking over. Teddy was the back up plan in case the QB's didn't fall the way they wanted but all indications are he will be the odd man out when it's said and done. Teddy is participating in all activities and looked good at OTA's. With that said if Bridgewater gets the job and they let McCowan go, I'd love to get him here.

I'm thinking like you, McCown or Bridgewater either one would be better than what we have currently.  

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I'm all for throwing a bone to Teddy Bridgewater.  I still think he has quite a bit left in the tank. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(07-26-2018, 02:50 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I'm all for throwing a bone to Teddy

Nervous

Reply/Quote
(07-26-2018, 03:28 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Nervous

Leave it to a Dawg to chase bones. Lol!!!
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Back up QB is a lot more important than many people think. I'd really like to have a vet with some experience instead of what we have now.
Reply/Quote
If Bridgewater costs 5 million and a draft pick, I just don't see it happening. If they cut him it's a different story, obviously.
Reply/Quote
Almost anyone cut would be better then our backup QB. I'd be hard to find a worse backup QB in the league.
Reply/Quote
RG III might be available.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Our backup spot is pretty dreadful and it wouldn't take much to upgrade it. I'd be all for Teddy, McCown, Glennon, RGIII or whoever.

That said, it's easy to imagine the Bengals "rolling with what we have" since they know the playbook.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I'd like to see us bring in Matt Moore. He was with Lazor both years in Miami
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Eh, I would just roll with Driskel. Invested 2 years in him and Barkley is absolutely awful.

I wouldn't be against Teddy Bridgewater (if he's cut, not for a pick) or signing Matt Moore for a million or so.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I feel like the Bengals are comfortable rolling with Barkley as the #2. I know Barkley has experience with Lazor, but he's done very little in the league. I'm all for getting someone like Teddy. If Andy goes down, these current backups are not going to carry us to the playoffs. Teddy could hold us together.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Said all off season to bring in Teddy while he was reasonable.

Now he is killing it in New York and they love him. He is not getting cut but they may certainly look to trade him possibly to keep a QB controversy from happening.

Let me repeat, the word out of New York is that they are in love with him.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote