Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back from Heart Surgery
All right! I was hoping to get back on here before the draft started and it looks like I was discharged from the hospital with just over an hour to spare. Oh, sure. I could have watched the draft in the hospital but watching at home, online, with the rest of you is a much better experience.

Anyway, surgery sucked mightily. I had an aortic aneurysm repaired and my aortic valve was replaced. Even worse, my heart decided to stop twice last Friday so I had a permanent pacemaker installed. I’m not even 50! However, I’m no longer short of breath at all now that the aneurysm is gone and my new valve is in place.

Recovery won’t be easy but I’m going to take this opportunity to rebuild properly. I’ll go back to work in three weeks.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
damn man. Welcome back and good health to you.
Reply/Quote
Wow, what a sequence of health events! Grateful to the one above that you made it safely. Glad that you're back with us, to enjoy the draft.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Here's to a full recovery and a great season ahead !
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 08:01 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: All right! I was hoping to get back on here before the draft started and it looks like I was discharged from the hospital with just over an hour to spare. Oh, sure. I could have watched the draft in the hospital but watching at home, online, with the rest of you is a much better experience.

Anyway, surgery sucked mightily. I had an aortic aneurysm repaired and my aortic valve was replaced. Even worse, my heart decided to stop twice last Friday so I had a permanent pacemaker installed. I’m not even 50! However, I’m no longer short of breath at all now that the aneurysm is gone and my new valve is in place.

Recovery won’t be easy but I’m going to take this opportunity to rebuild properly. I’ll go back to work in three weeks.

Speriamo che tutto il dolore é finite.

Prego per lei! In gamba! :andy:
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
here's to a successful recovery
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 08:01 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: All right!  I was hoping to get back on here before the draft started and it looks like I was discharged from the hospital with just over an hour to spare.  Oh, sure.  I could have watched the draft in the hospital but watching at home, online, with the rest of you is a much better experience.

Anyway, surgery sucked mightily.  I had an aortic aneurysm repaired and my aortic valve was replaced.  Even worse, my heart decided to stop twice last Friday so I had a permanent pacemaker installed.  I’m not even 50!  However, I’m no longer short of breath at all now that the aneurysm is gone and my new valve is in place.  

Recovery won’t be easy but I’m going to take this opportunity to rebuild properly.  I’ll go back to work in three weeks.

That would be last thing I would want to do, watch the Bengals draft after heart surgery!! Lol
Take it easy my friend and get well first, before chasing the wife around the house....
Reply/Quote
Damn Man. That sucks. Hope you have a speedy recovery. So glad your here to celebrate another year and many more with your Bengal brethren.

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 08:01 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: All right!  I was hoping to get back on here before the draft started and it looks like I was discharged from the hospital with just over an hour to spare.  Oh, sure.  I could have watched the draft in the hospital but watching at home, online, with the rest of you is a much better experience.

Anyway, surgery sucked mightily.  I had an aortic aneurysm repaired and my aortic valve was replaced.  Even worse, my heart decided to stop twice last Friday so I had a permanent pacemaker installed.  I’m not even 50!  However, I’m no longer short of breath at all now that the aneurysm is gone and my new valve is in place.  

Recovery won’t be easy but I’m going to take this opportunity to rebuild properly.  I’ll go back to work in three weeks.

I know exactly how you feel.  I just had to go through a medical procedure for an ingrown toenail.
Reply/Quote
Damn, take care of yourself man, I don't want to hear about you croaking abnormally soon, you're one of my favorite posters. By the way Tiger is better than Jack.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 12:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I know exactly how you feel.  I just had to go through a medical procedure for an ingrown toenail.

You left out the part where it was someone else's toenail and it was removed from 13 inches deep into your large intestines with the boot still attached. 
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 07:25 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Damn, take care of yourself man, I don't want to hear about you croaking abnormally soon, you're one of my favorite posters. By the way Tiger is better than Jack.

I’ve seen Tiger Woods and Jack Nicklaus play in the primes of their respective careers live with my own eyes — and Tiger is the best player I’ve ever seen. Jack was a better driver in his prime, though.
Reply/Quote

I went through a bit of a heart procedure myself a couple years ago. Hang in there and remember this diet:

"If it tastes good, spit it out" 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

Welcome back, brother!

Take care of that ticker!
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
Thoughts and prayers are sent out to you. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Glad you're not dead. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
nothing tuffer than a Bengals fan or cheap steak.

Speedy full recovery !!!
Reply/Quote
Here's to hoping you enjoy a speedy recovery and outstanding health going forward!
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 08:01 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: All right! I was hoping to get back on here before the draft started and it looks like I was discharged from the hospital with just over an hour to spare. Oh, sure. I could have watched the draft in the hospital but watching at home, online, with the rest of you is a much better experience.

Glad you made it. My dad had an aortic aneurism that resulted in a dissected aorta. He was 77 and somehow survived. Unfortunately he was at a convention in VA so we had to take turns driving out there.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Glad you're ok.. My dad had the same surgery around 30 years ago. They cut him from his throat to his feet. They had to use the main vein from his right leg to replace the aorta .. He's still ticking at 90..  Heart surgery seems to be running rampant in my neighborhood of late. Both my neighbors have had heart attacks and surgery in the past year and a few others down the road from us as well.. I'm probably on the list myself soon.. Already have a stent so... I suppose I probably oughtta quit smoking non-filtered cigarettes like a damned freight train..  Nah..someone has to keep the cardiac surgeons busy, but actually the only reason I ever even bother getting sick is to go to the hospital to look at hot nurses. Otherwise I wouldn't bother ever getting sick.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote