Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back to back Heisman Trophy Winners
(01-06-2021, 01:00 AM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: I would like to know what is more valuable to the Bengals if Peneii is gone.

Next best Lineman even though this position is supposedly deep
Next best Non QB athlete
Micah Parsons LB
Patrick Surtain CB
Wide Receivers even though this position is supposedly deep.

we wont know exactly what we need till after free agency
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 02:20 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote:  unless Reich pursues Wentz.

From what i have heard, Wentz's contract is very ugly and difficult to trade.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 01:01 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Miami will give Tua Smith

I bet Miami trades out and keeps building.  
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 11:11 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I bet Miami trades out and keeps building.  

They already have 4 picks in the top 50. At some point you need to just start taking high end players.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 01:51 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: If you are Taylor and this is your last year, make it or break it, do you gamble next year's draft pick to get another first this year? 

dont believe Zach can make that call all by himself
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 02:16 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: While one part of me loves this idea, there is this fear that somehow that shit-ass team will turn his career around and he'll play like a first rounder that they spend a 3rd to get.

Hard to say how good Darnold really is.  A lot of Bengals fans will disagree, but the Jets are a MUCH worse team than us.  It boggles the mind to realize that they were outscore by more than ONE HUNDRED POINTS more than the Bengals. (214 to 113).

Before the season started I heard more than one respected analyst claim that Darnold had all the tools both mental and physical to be a good NFL QB.  It will be interesting to see what kind of demand there is for him.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 12:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They already have 4 picks in the top 50. At some point you need to just start taking high end players.

This.  Miami won 10 games this year.  They don't have tons of holes in their roster and third round picks are a much bigger gamble than most people realize.
Reply/Quote
Why is thread stickied? (Just curious, don't know how that works)

Fwiw, I meant to ask this on Zac's fault thread too.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 10:43 AM)Goalpost Wrote: From what i have heard, Wentz's contract is very ugly and difficult to trade.  

It is a very ugly contract, but a post-June 1st trade would actually net the Eagles legit cap savings. Also, if the Eagles restructure Wentz they could save around $18 million. Perhaps Wentz would actually be willing to work with the Eagles brass if someone like Reich expressed interest in him.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 07:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Hard to say how good Darnold really is.  A lot of Bengals fans will disagree, but the Jets are a MUCH worse team than us.  It boggles the mind to realize that they were outscore by more than ONE HUNDRED POINTS more than the Bengals. (214 to 113).

Before the season started I heard more than one respected analyst claim that Darnold had all the tools both mental and physical to be a good NFL QB.  It will be interesting to see what kind of demand there is for him.

I agree he had the tools to be a good NFL QB, I think David Klingler had the tools as well back in the day. Sad thing for Klingler was he was so damaged when he left here, no confidence, been hit too much, that he couldn't recover. It will be interesting to see if Darnold recovers and gets his career back on track or the damage is done.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 12:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They already have 4 picks in the top 50. At some point you need to just start taking high end players.

Why?  So their contracts all come due at the same time?  Although I am now hearing Miami might even take a QB now, I could see them getting a later first round pick and someone's first round pick NEXT YEAR as well.  It all depends on the deal.  Two first rounders are better than 1.  

It is all water under the bridge now, but I wonder what the Bengals could have got for AJ, Geno, and Dunlap at the end of last year.  That sure would have been nice heading in to this draft.  
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 10:48 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Why?  So their contracts all come due at the same time?  Although I am now hearing Miami might even take a QB now, I could see them getting a later first round pick and someone's first round pick NEXT YEAR as well.  It all depends on the deal.  Two first rounders are better than 1.  

It is all water under the bridge now, but I wonder what the Bengals could have got for AJ, Geno, and Dunlap at the end of last year.  That sure would have been nice heading in to this draft.  

Because you can’t keep stockpiling picks forever. 4 in the top 50 is already damn good, and like it was pointed out they’re a 10 win team, and ready to compete.

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 10:54 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Because you can’t keep stockpiling picks forever. 4 in the top 50 is already damn good, and like it was pointed out they’re a 10 win team, and ready to compete.

Sure you can...that is how the Pats had always stayed on top for so long.  They wanted more and more picks and rarely signed their expensive FAs.  
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 10:56 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Sure you can...that is how the Pats had always stayed on top for so long.  They wanted more and more picks and rarely signed their expensive FAs.  

I’m not going to keep arguing with you about the Dolphins because frankly I don’t care that much, but if you think about it you can probably put your finger on one big difference between them and the Pats before this year....

Anyway if I had to bet any amount of money that mattered to me I’d put it on Miami staying put and making a pick at 3. I think they’ll take Smith or Chase.

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 11:25 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m not going to keep arguing with you about the Dolphins because frankly I don’t care that much, but if you think about it you can probably put your finger on one big difference between them and the Pats before this year....

Anyway if I had to bet any amount of money that mattered to me I’d put it on Miami staying put and making a pick at 3. I think they’ll take Smith or Chase.

It will be interesting, and yes, NE had vastly superior coaching and a rock steady core.  But, part of that success was never overpaying for FA that they felt could be replaced by younger talent.  Even though they often drafted horribly in the early rounds, they still thrived from always having multiple picks and coaching them up.

I don't know Miami's line at all, but I know they traded their LT to the Texans for that pick, so it stands to reason that they would look at another LT in Sewell.  That may not be what all of us want to hear, but....

Adams is a very interesting prospect.  He is very slippery and fluid, but 175 lbs?  And it isn't because he is short.  He is an absolute stick.  It will be interesting to see the matchup of Wade (who has looked very inconsistent this year) and him on Monday.  

I can't help but also think that a QB-starved team is going to offer Miami a haul for that pick to grab a QB.  It wouldn't surprise me at all to see 4 QBs taken in the first four picks.  This draft is going to be really interesting.  I hope they have it "live" and allow fans.  That might be worth attending.  
Reply/Quote