Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back to the 90's
So if the reason to not fire marvin is so we don't go back to the 90's, why does it look like we're back in that decade anyways? Absolutely pathetic to be 2-4. We are bad, and it starts at the top. Let's get an unproven college coach. Because we know exactly what marvin is.

Anyone honestly think we make the post season?
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 05:59 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: So if the reason to not fire marvin is so we don't go back to the 90's, why does it look like we're back in that decade anyways? Absolutely pathetic to be 2-4. We are bad, and it starts at the top. Let's get an unproven college coach. Because we know exactly what marvin is.

Anyone honestly think we make the post season?

Playoffs?  Not even close.   Sick
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
When does the news come in for marvins extension? My guess will be week 14
Reply/Quote
I don't think Marvin wants one. I really think when his contract expires next year, he retires.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
The thought of suffering through another more 1.5 years of that loser nauseates me.
Reply/Quote
Hi ho, hi ho, it's back to the 90s we go,

The team looks bad, we have no shot,

Hi ho, hi ho! Tongue
Reply/Quote
Just say the word. I'm ready.

[Image: cincinnati-bengals-head-coach-dave-shula...?s=594x594]

Me too!

[Image: 18qj3r7l99karjpg.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
We look nothing like the 90's teams.

More like the 06-07 teams.
Reply/Quote
I honestly think this will be a down season and we'll be back to 8-8 minimum next season. Our schedule wasn't the easiest this year; couple a really tough opening 6 games with a regressing team and you get the 2-4 Bengals.

It's tough to be a playoff regular, 5 seasons in a row is tough to do (and yes 0-5 in those playoff games is abysmal im aware). I think we were due a bad season and this is it. I do think we'll be a 9-7 team or something next year.

And I know someone will quote that and call me a homer, not at all, the team look shocking right now.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 07:25 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: I honestly think this will be a down season and we'll be back to 8-8 minimum next season. Our schedule wasn't the easiest this year; couple a really tough opening 6 games with a regressing team and you get the 2-4 Bengals.

It's tough to be a playoff regular, 5 seasons in a row is tough to do (and yes 0-5 in those playoff games is abysmal im aware). I think we were due a bad season and this is it. I do think we'll be a 9-7 team or something next year.

And I know someone will quote that and call me a homer, not at all, the team look shocking right now.

So just enough for Marv to get a 5 year extension. Niceeeee Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
My biggest worry with Marvin leaving (and I think he will, either this year or next) is that we're going to promote from within.

Every decent candidate we had for Head Coach has since gone elsewhere (Zimmer, Gruden, Jackson, Joseph (?))

Can you really see Guenther or Zampese as a HC?
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 07:50 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: My biggest worry with Marvin leaving (and I think he will, either this year or next) is that we're going to promote from within.

Every decent candidate we had for Head Coach has since gone elsewhere (Zimmer, Gruden, Jackson, Joseph (?))

Can you really see Guenther or Zampese as a HC?

A promotion from within is very likely but it won't be either Coordinator.
[Image: Lewis_Marcus.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 07:36 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: So just enough for Marv to get a 5 year extension. Niceeeee Mellow

Most likely, I don't have a clue what that man has to do to get fired.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 07:55 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Most likely, I don't have a clue what that man has to do to get fired.

The only way Mikey does something drastic is if fans stop attending home games (and even that might not work). Let be real: Mike does not have a football mind. All he cares about is money and keeping his friends on his staff happy. Have to hit him hard in his pocket if he's going to fire one of his friends
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 08:04 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: The only way Mikey does something drastic is if fans stop attending home games (and even that might not work). Let be real: Mike does not have a football mind. All he cares about is money and keeping his friends on his staff happy. Have to hit him hard in his pocket if he's going to fire one of his friends

Put marvin at GM, and say it's a promotion 
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 09:06 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: Put marvin at GM, and say it's a promotion 

Wouldn't hate that at all, just keep him away from the field on game days
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 05:59 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: So if the reason to not fire marvin is so we don't go back to the 90's, why does it look like we're back in that decade anyways? 

To your point, after today's loss Marvin's post game press conference was about how the 90's are back in style and he's going to change his look next week against the Browns to match his 90's Bengals coaching style. His 90's look? 

[Image: kid-from-kid-n-play-high-top-fade.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I'm frustrated and concerned, but I can't say there's no way they make the playoffs. You just don't know how this division will look in a few weeks. Going 2-4 certainly makes things a lot tougher and gives them a much slimmer margin of error going forward. They have a ton of work to do and some very real problems to get fixed...which have plagued them since week 1. They have to get back to get back to .500 in these next two games.

BTW, this looks nothing like the 90's at all. Not even close. 
Reply/Quote
We weren't even suppose to beat the Patriots i don't know why everyone is freaking out. We will be 4-4 in 2 weeks.

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 09:06 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: Put marvin at GM, and say it's a promotion 

Suggested many times here.  Had that happened in Zimmer's last year, might be a whole different story here now.

However we all know the relationship of Brown and Lewis, and Lewis leaves when he retires.
Reply/Quote