Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Back to the Glory Days
Awesome work Republicans. Stock market starting to look like 2008 and it only took a little over a year.

Well timed unneeded tax cut pumped the money into the rich. The common folk get an extra 1.50 a week.!! Should be enough to get us through the next recession until the adults can get back in power and clean up the shit again.
(02-09-2018, 03:14 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Awesome work Republicans. Stock market starting to look like 2008 and it only took a little over a year.

Well timed unneeded tax cut pumped the money into the rich. The common folk get an extra 1.50 a week.!! Should be enough to get us through the next recession until the adults can get back in power and clean up the shit again.

This is as bad as them claiming credit for the stock market, but at least they based it on a year and not a week.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
This is exactly what happens when you throw gas on an economy that is already booming.

When you pass massive tax cuts at the same time you pass the largest spending bill since the stimulus package used to get us out of the last recession you are going to get inflation. When you get inflation investors will pull out of the stock market and invest more in bonds.

The stock market was booming before Trump arrived. Corporate profits were at record levels under Obama. So it is questionable how much credit Trump should get for the rise in the stock market. But it is clear that his policy of massive tax cuts combined with massive spending increases has fueled the fear of inflation that is effecting the stock market.
The Fed was on the verge to raise rates whether Obama was there or not.
Did we get enough regulations wiped out and scale back the consumer financial protections enough so goold old working joe shmo gets raped and people like the king of debt sit pretty?
Dow is up for the day so I guess everything is good based on the time parameters established in this thread.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(02-09-2018, 05:29 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Dow is up for the day so I guess everything is good based on the time parameters established in this thread.

Good point. Back to dwelling on deep state fbi conspiracy theories and overlooking everything else including the inability of the white house to put together a staff that would even be suitable to manage a burger king.

Sorry may have jumped the gun. When we have unpaid for tax cuts and 2008 like stock market action. I get antsy
(02-09-2018, 06:47 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Good point. Back to dwelling on deep state fbi conspiracy theories and overlooking everything else including the inability of the white house to put together a staff that would even be suitable to manage a burger king.

Sorry may have jumped the gun. When we have unpaid for tax cuts and 2008 like stock market action. I get antsy

Because you're still a pup.  Relax, all is going to be just fine.  A simple market correction does not equate a "crash" in any sense of the word.  The economy is growing, rapidly.  Of course there are going to be some adjustments, interest rates being one of them.  Money has been cheap to borrow for a long while, because the economy has been shit.  Now, that things are looking up, it's time for the "money side" to get a cut, as well.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(02-09-2018, 05:29 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Dow is up for the day so I guess everything is good based on the time parameters established in this thread.

Who said we were just looking at one day?
(02-09-2018, 06:47 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Good point. Back to dwelling on deep state fbi conspiracy theories and overlooking everything else including the inability of the white house to put together a staff that would even be suitable to manage a burger king.

You’re not right or wrong at this point. You just can’t base anything off a week.