Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back to the sawbones..
(03-29-2022, 02:50 PM)Sled21 Wrote: This will be my 3rd, and they've always gone through my left wrist. I've also always been asleep when they do it so I never felt it. First time, they woke me up to tell me I had to go to emergency surgery because my LAD was 99.99% blocked and would not walk out of the hospital alive. 2nd time, I was given an all clear.(except for some minor blockages on small vessels. Hoping for the same this time, I really do not want to go through bypass surgery again. What's up with your doctors cathing you awake? Are they just sadistic?

Good luck Sled. I was awake during my first cath, and I don't really know why. They went through the groin. I was very young. So about every five years, they do an exploratory Cath to check everything out. The last two have been through my wrist.

Damn gramps! Sounds like you've had a rough go of it ol buddy. Glad you're on the mend and feeling better. Let's not try this again. LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2022, 01:46 PM)Wyche Wrote: Good luck Sled. I was awake during my first cath, and I don't really know why. They went through the groin. I was very young. So about every five years, they do an exploratory Cath to check everything out. The last two have been through my wrist.

Damn gramps! Sounds like you've had a rough go of it ol buddy. Glad you're on the mend and feeling better. Let's not try this again. LMAO

Well they just called again and it's postponed. Insurance balked at it and wants a more up to date Echocardiogram first. Hope I don't die while the insurance overrules the Cardiologist. 
Reply/Quote
They're just trying to insure you have a nice, slow death by cholesterol.. Ninja  Man..feels like any time I even go to the doc they wanna dig a new hole into me and have a looksee in my chest..unplug a few clogs and make me feel like I'm in a North Korean torture chamber while I'm there.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2022, 05:37 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well they just called again and it's postponed. Insurance balked at it and wants a more up to date Echocardiogram first. Hope I don't die while the insurance overrules the Cardiologist. 

What a crock! Like that echo is anywhere near a cath for iron clad diagnostics. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2022, 05:37 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well they just called again and it's postponed. Insurance balked at it and wants a more up to date Echocardiogram first. Hope I don't die while the insurance overrules the Cardiologist. 

An echocardiogram should only take an hour or so. I've had a bunch done on the same day they did angioplasties and stents..  Sounds like your insurance company wants you to find a new insurance company.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote