Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back to work.
The last couple of weeks I have barely worked.  I have a bad knee that started giving me a lot of problems.  Unless I have a knee replacement the only thing I can do is rest it.  It has gotten a lot better, but I have to get back to work no matter what.

Now I am sure most of you don't care much about my knee, but the reason I made this thread was to make a comment on how addictive this site is to me.  When I have a lot of time off to my self I usually read a lot.  But after I finished The Ground Beneath Her Feet I pretty much just sat at my desk and lived on these boards.  Over the last 14 days I have made over 750 posts.  That is just ridiculous.
Reply/Quote
In a different thread someone said you posted around 50 times daily. I thought they were joking but maybe not.
Have you tried OTC products to avoid surgery ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Fred, FWIW, I sincerely hope that you get some relief from your knee pain. My wife has had 4 ACL reconstructions, 2 on each side. I know exactly what a life encumbrance that knee problems can be. You may want to consider planning for that knee replacement, before the rest of your body breaks down from prolonged inactivity. Sure, it will be miserable for a few months, but in the end, you should be able to be active for the rest of your life, again.

Anyway, hope you're feeling better soon.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Hard to believe that no one else has any words of encouragement for a senior member of the fan community, going through a rough spot in time.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Best of luck Fred hope you find some peace with your knee issues.

I think we all might need this forum more then we realize. At least my family appreciates its more then they realize. If it wasn't for this forum I'd be talking football with them.

I could frequent the Steelers forums but that would just be weird for a Bengals fan to do. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2016, 05:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hard to believe that no one else has any words of encouragement for a senior member of the fan community, going through a rough spot in time.

I sent my words in a Rep note.

Regardless, I wish Fred nothing but the best.
ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
I'm probably about five years behind you in the knee malady department, Fred. I've always had one that gets stiffer/sorer/fatigued before the other one. Been noticing the weather chnages are starting to affect it as well. I am not looking forward to what will eventually happen. Told the wife I want an elevator for Christmas or a one-story condo.

Good luck.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Cocaine is a hell of a drug...
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2016, 09:31 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I'm probably about five years behind you in the knee malady department, Fred.  I've always had one that gets stiffer/sorer/fatigued before the other one.  Been noticing the weather chnages are starting to affect it as well.  I am not looking forward to what will eventually happen.  Told the wife I want an elevator for Christmas or a one-story condo.    

Good luck.

When it first started giving me problems the thing that would make it hurt the worst was driving long distances.  that seemed starnge because I was not moving my leg, but somthing about holding it in that same position for hours would make my knee sore for days.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2016, 10:33 AM)fredtoast Wrote: When it first started giving me problems the thing that would make it hurt the worst was driving long distances.  that seemed starnge because I was not moving my leg, but somthing about holding it in that same position for hours would make my knee sore for days.

I have osteoarthritis in my right knee ( about 15 years now ).I used to jog 5-8 miles a day, but decided biking would be easier on my joints.Many years of bowling with a 16 pound ball put pressure on the left knee ( right handed release ). No idea why the left knee didn't act up first.
What really helped me was exercising the muscles around my knee using a bowflex.It took about two months to note a big difference in how the right knee felt.
Good luck fred ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Broke my ankle last year and realized just how much we take our mobility for granted. Good luck with the recovery.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2016, 09:09 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I sent my words in a Rep note.

Regardless, I wish Fred nothing but the best.
ThumbsUp

I sent him a stairlift.  

[Image: IMG_0284.JPG]
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2016, 04:32 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: I sent him a stairlift.  

[Image: IMG_0284.JPG]

What are you going to do, when you get him up ?
Ninja
Reply/Quote