Poll: Would you trade for Nick Foles and a second round pick in a salary dump?
This poll is closed.
Yes - I'm all over that
25.00%
2 25.00%
No - I'd want at least a first
0%
0 0%
No - I'd rather spend that money in free agency
75.00%
6 75.00%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back-up QB trade idea
The Bengals will want a veteran QB to back-up Burrow.

The Jags will want to off-load Nick Foles' contract.

The Bengals should have money to spend, prefer to build through the draft rather than free agency and have few players of their own worth paying.

This makes them the perfect partners for a salary dump trade.

Would you be interested in taking Foles and the Jags' 2nd round pick (42nd overall) and say swapping the 215th pick for the 206th?
Reply/Quote
Are you sure thet will want an experienced QB as back up?
I think they will go with Finley and Dolegala.
Foles was given a 4yr $88million contract only last March. there is no way we would look at someone on that kind of money expecially as a back up
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2020, 02:40 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: Are you sure thet will want an experienced QB as back up?
I think they will go with Finley and Dolegala.
Foles was given a 4yr $88million contract only last March. there is no way we would look at someone on that kind of money expecially as a back up

Would they really want to go into a season with 3 (terrible) NFL starts between 3 QBs? It seems unlikely.

An experienced QB to mentor the no.1 pick would be ideal.

They could keep him a year and cut him in 2021.

But this trade is primarily about gaining an extra second round pick and Foles, who the Bengals could use, would be a throw-in.

There would be a $12.5m cap hit in 2021 but it's more about the guaranteed money and in exchange for one year of paying him big money (when we wouldn't be expecting to compete) you'd be gaining a cost controlled second rounder for four years who'd be entering their prime as the Bengals enter their window.
Reply/Quote
Would I like to see a vet QB brought in ? Sure, I just don't have much faith in Finley. And it wouldn't hurt to have a voice to help Burrow.

Do I want Foles ? NO !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2020, 02:04 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: The Bengals will want a veteran QB to back-up Burrow.

The Bengals should have money to spend, prefer to build through the draft rather than free agency and have few players of their own worth paying.

Would you be interested in taking Foles and the Jags' 2nd round pick (42nd overall) and say swapping the 215th pick for the 206th?

only if we were planning on sitting burrow for a season...  No reason to offload Dalton just to pay more for another backup
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2020, 03:38 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: only if we were planning on sitting burrow for a season...  No reason to offload Dalton just to pay more for another backup

It's about gaining extra picks.

If we traded for Foles and traded away Dalton we could potentially be looking at three second round picks. That should be Burrow plus three starters under contract until at least 2023 and then when you cut Foles in 2021 you'd have a whole load of money to throw at a top free agent just as the Bengals window should open.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2020, 02:04 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: The Bengals will want a veteran QB to back-up Burrow.

If they're able to trade Andy, and feel like they need a veteran presence, they could just sign someone like Matt Moore, who has played under Zac before and who could be had at an affordable rate.
Reply/Quote
I'd rather spend that money in free agency on guys who have already proven they can do it over spending that much on, basically, a draft pick on a question mark and a guy that, most likely, won't play more than a few games, if at all .
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote