Poll: Who will be the backup QB?
Matt Barkley
Jeff Driskel
Logan Woodside
Other
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Backup QB
(05-10-2018, 03:09 AM)CloeHokie Wrote: Westside!

CloeHokie!   Back from Purgatory?  Where have ye been?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think Driskel.  He had some nice moments before he got hurt.  And the guy would be great in the RPO.

I hate to let Woodside go on the PS though.   I think he'll be gone.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2018, 03:12 PM)3wt Wrote: I hate to let Woodside go on the PS though.   I think he'll be gone.

if any team was impressed they would have drafted him.

And when teams need QBs for their active roster due to injuries during the season they usually sign a guy with some NFL experience.

Woodside would have to go crazy in multiple preseason games to not clear waivers for the PS.
Reply/Quote
Back up QB problem solved guys

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/05/10/raiders-release-quarterback-josh-johnson/

LOL just kidding hopefully
Reply/Quote
Is it too soon to get wood for Woodside? I'm asking for a friend.
Reply/Quote
Logan is going to take the competition behind the woodshed.

Ok I got nothin'.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2018, 03:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: if any team was impressed they would have drafted him.

And when teams need QBs for their active roster due to injuries during the season they usually sign a guy with some NFL experience.

Woodside would have to go crazy in multiple preseason games to not clear waivers for the PS.

Good points.

Typical of the emotional thinking of an over the hill social worker.  My kids would be laughing.   OK probably blushing.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2018, 01:25 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Logan is going to take the competition behind the woodshed.

Ok I got nothin'.

Logan is going to SLICE up the competitoin with his ADAMANTIUM resolve after he CLAWS his way to the starting QB position.

Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2018, 11:44 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Logan is going to SLICE up the competitoin with his ADAMANTIUM resolve after he CLAWS his way to the starting QB position.

Mellow

Looks like you got nothin' too.  Smirk
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
It's gonna be FLOWERS.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2018, 11:35 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: It's gonna be FLOWERS.

Watched his highlights yesterday. Dude reminds me of a right handed Mike Vick, but is a great man.

Rooting for Quinton all the way.

Logan Woodside sure seems like a smart fella with some savvy to him. Picked up some smart players with upside at QB.

I could see Flowers running the RPO for us at times with Dalton lining up at Receiver, and i am not joking.
Reply/Quote
I voted for Driskel. Here's why I hope he is the backup. Simply because he's a different style of QB than Dalton. Coming in relief with a different style could actually be a good thing. You don't want a lesser version of the same guy coming into the game, making it that much easier for the opposing defenses to have an upper hand. If the offense is well coached, it will be an easy transition to the play calling to match the style of the next man up.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2018, 10:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I voted for Driskel.  Here's why I hope he is the backup.  Simply because he's a different style of QB than Dalton.  Coming in relief with a different style could actually be a good thing.  You don't want a lesser version of the same guy coming into the game, making it that much easier for the opposing defenses to have an upper hand.  If the offense is well coached, it will be an easy transition to the play calling to match the style of the next man up.

I used to say the same thing years ago. LOL

Once your main guy goes down, you're pretty well screwed. May as well shake things up with a different style. Look at Tebow with the Broncos or Foles with the Eagles. Kaepernick had some success initially after Alex Smith got hurt. Thing is, I'm not so sure ol' Conserva-Merv would be open to shaking things up like that. 
Reply/Quote
Manziel???

If he has as he says sorted himself out maybe we should give him a shout to sit on the bench
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2018, 01:25 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Logan is going to take the competition behind the woodshed.

Ok I got nothin'.

Woodside for woodshed B
Reply/Quote
Its going to be Barkley and Woodside.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2018, 01:50 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Its going to be Barkley and Woodside.

its been a while since we rolled with 3....  that would be interesting. 

Maybe to start the year we do have 1 extra spot with burfict suspended.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2018, 06:13 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: its been a while since we rolled with 3....  that would be interesting. 

Maybe to start the year we do have 1 extra spot with burfict suspended.

We rolled with 3 last year, didn't we? Andy, Mac and Driskel?
Reply/Quote
Driscoll
   he can do it....
Reply/Quote