Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Backwards Hats
Dalton's last press conference on Bengals.com. The last reporter questions his hat being backwards as if it shows his maturity/ immaturity. How the hell does that have anything to do with his play as a football player.

Even when the guy is playing lights out, they still nit pick. Do a quick search of Super Bowl winning QB's in the last 10 years who wear their hats backwards. I'm not sure who the reporter was. If you think wearing your hat backwards dictates how you play, or who you are as a person then you are an IDIOT! He should have said- Ask Niel Degrasse Tyson, "the earth's rotation probably caused it".
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2015, 05:26 PM)thesuicidesquad Wrote: Dalton's last press conference on Bengals.com. The last reporter questions his hat being backwards as if it shows his maturity/ immaturity. How the hell does that have anything to do with his play as a football player.

Even when the guy is playing lights out, they still nit pick. Do a quick search of Super Bowl winning QB's in the last 10 years who wear their hats backwards. I'm not sure who the reporter was. If you think wearing your hat backwards dictates how you play, or who you are as a person then you are an IDIOT! He should have said- Ask Niel Degrasse Tyson, "the earth's rotation probably caused it".

[Image: zJtY5Ap.jpg]

From what I understand from this picture... Is all the ultimate Badasses wear their hats backwards.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2015, 05:26 PM)thesuicidesquad Wrote: Dalton's last press conference on Bengals.com. The last reporter questions his hat being backwards as if it shows his maturity/ immaturity. How the hell does that have anything to do with his play as a football player.

Even when the guy is playing lights out, they still nit pick. Do a quick search of Super Bowl winning QB's in the last 10 years who wear their hats backwards. I'm not sure who the reporter was. If you think wearing your hat backwards dictates how you play, or who you are as a person then you are an IDIOT!  He should have said- Ask Niel Degrasse Tyson, "the earth's rotation probably caused it".

On Inside the NFL last night, Brandon Marshall? (I believe), said that a QB with his hat turned backwards does not show leadership skills.  Should be turned forward and demand respect (like the military, I would assume).  Funny that you mentioned that because I think he was talking about Stafford on the sideline after he got benched and not Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2015, 05:32 PM)spazz70 Wrote: On Inside the NFL last night, Brandon Marshall? (I believe), said that a QB with his hat turned backwards does not show leadership skills.  Should be turned forward and demand respect (like the military, I would assume).  Funny that you mentioned that because I think he was talking about Stafford on the sideline after he got benched and not Dalton.

lol... Well the bill is only ment to protect his eyes from the sun correct?

Is there not a bengals logo on the back also?
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2015, 05:32 PM)spazz70 Wrote: On Inside the NFL last night, Brandon Marshall? (I believe), said that a QB with his hat turned backwards does not show leadership skills.  Should be turned forward and demand respect (like the military, I would assume).  Funny that you mentioned that because I think he was talking about Stafford on the sideline after he got benched and not Dalton.

Good for Brandon Marshall.  What the hell does he know about leadership anyway!

I wear my hat backwards all the time, it's just how I prefer to wear it.  It has nothing to do with my skills as a leader.  Maybe he's talking about other peoples perception of leadership skills.  Again, who cares?  Move on, nothing here.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
People attribute "leadership" to the most absurd things.
Reply/Quote
Brandon Marshall ( Mr. Glass House himself) In that case Bruce Arians doesn't deserve any respect. I didn't get a chance to catch that last night, Did Boomer or Simms chime in?

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
This is worse than wearing a beanie hat sideways
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2015, 05:40 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: lol...  Well the bill is only ment to protect his eyes from the sun correct?

Is there not a bengals logo on the back also?

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote

you can use img tags ..... Use "[img]link to picture here'[/img]"
Reply/Quote
The hat on backward (which is a way that I wore them a time or two in my younger days) is  sorta frat boyish.  Especially the fitted ones.  Wear your hat whatever way you want, but when Dalton, and any other player, is at work.  There should be some air of professionalism, shouldn't there be?... All in all it's not a big deal though. He's young. A guy in his 30s or 40s looks much worse doing it.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2015, 06:11 PM)jason Wrote: The hat on backward (which is a way that I wore them a time or two in my younger days) is  sorta frat boyish.  Especially the fitted ones.  Wear your hat whatever way you want, but Dalton, and any other player, is at work.  There should be some air of professionalism, shouldn't there be?

Professionalism has changed over the years, and I think it all depends on your profession. Polos and khakis are the new suites and ties in many work places for men.  If Dalton was a Lawyer I would agree with you. Judging by what I see players show up to work in on sunday, a backwords hat would be the least of my worries. 
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2015, 06:21 PM)thesuicidesquad Wrote: Professionalism has changed over the years, and I think it all depends on your profession. Polos and khakis are the new suites and ties in many work places for men.  If Dalton was a Lawyer I would agree with you. Judging by what I see players show up to work in on sunday, a backwords hat would be the least of my worries. 

Mine too...  I really don't care.  Colin Cowherd was/ probably still is always complaining about this issue.  He said that the QB is different, because they are the face of the franchise (sorry Dre Kirkpatrick), and an extension of the coaches on the field.  I kinda agree with him there...  But the bottom line is...  Who cares?  If he keeps playing like this, he can wear his pants and shirts backward as well.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Sad how people give value to the meaningless.

Andy should say what I said when my boss recently threatened to fire me if I did not cut my hair: Do you have any comments about my job performance, or are we done here?
Reply/Quote
Ah, the things we fuss over...
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Garsh, I knew Dalton wasn't elite yet!
Reply/Quote
You see that, he is wearing his hat backwards, we should all hate him now! Ninja

[Image: angry-mob.png]
Reply/Quote
[Image: qb-hats-41014.jpg]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
You know you're doing something right when colleagues are going to such lengths to discredit you.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2015, 06:11 PM)jason Wrote: The hat on backward (which is a way that I wore them a time or two in my younger days) is  sorta frat boyish.  Especially the fitted ones.  Wear your hat whatever way you want, but when Dalton, and any other player, is at work.  There should be some air of professionalism, shouldn't there be?...  All in all it's not a big deal though.  He's young.   A guy in his 30s or 40s looks much worse doing it.

To me, if you're in a situation where it's appropriate to wear a baseball cap, and you aren't a baseball player, then you are likely in a situation where it is informal enough that backwards or forwards makes no difference.
Reply/Quote