Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average
Bad Boys II
(05-11-2018, 06:26 PM)PhilHos Wrote: First off, maybe don't raise such a ruckus that the people at Waffle House, WAFFLE HOUSE, feel the need to call the cops.

Secondly, yes, when people are compliant with the police, they are rarely, if ever, choked by the police. 

Thirdly, if the police are trying to arrest you and you are not being compliant, then you are resisting arrest. At this point, they need to get you under control. Now, it's possible for the police to be too physical in trying to get you under control, but the fact remains had you been compliant from the beginning, you wouldn't be injured.

Lastly, having more police officers stationed at locations black people are at is only going to lead to more incidents like this if black people can't learn to be more compliant with police officers. ThumbsUp

I would like to add...

If your choices are prom with your sister or staying home..
Stay home.

He could have avoided this whole mess by dropping the incest (it rhymed not implying)
(05-15-2018, 01:18 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I answered this question in the post you deliberately misconstrued.

You absolutely did.  You said that what this officer did was not justified except in a lethal force situation.

I totally missed that.

Thank goodness this girl was filming this.  She was smart enough to know the officer was not allowed to do that.
I have a boss that lives in another state.  He calls multiple times a day.  He also sells so that's one reason.  The other is he is convinced he is the only person (short of Jesus) that has never made a mistake so he has to catch other people's mistakes.

He'll ask question after question until he gets to one that isn't the exact right answer.

Seems like these officers were intent on doing something until they had a good enough reason to say he "resisted".  To the point that they lied on the report.

http://www.tmz.com/2018/05/23/sterling-brown-arrest-video-nba-milwaukee-bucks/

Quote:New police video shows Milwaukee Bucks player [b]Sterling Brown[/b] being tased by aggressive cops during a ridiculous confrontation stemming from a parking violation. 

It all went down around 2 AM on January 26 in Milwaukee when cops responded to a report of a car parked across 2 handicap spaces in an empty Walgreen's parking lot. 

The cop on scene aggressively confronts Brown and begins to question him about the parking job. 

Brown remains calm throughout the ordeal -- but the police officer continues to escalate the situation ... seemingly unnecessarily ... until several more cops arrive. 

At one point, the cops order Brown to take his hands out of his pockets but Brown responds, "I got stuff in my hands."

At that point, cops swarm Brown from all sides and wrestle him to the ground. 

A few seconds later, you hear an officer yell for the taser and Brown gets shocked. 

You can hear Brown moaning in pain. 

Sterling has said he did NOTHING to warrant cops [b]using the taser[/b] and claimed the video would exonerate him. 

Brown has issued a statement saying, "My experience in January with the Milwaukee Police Department was wrong and shouldn’t happen to anybody."

"What should have been a simple parking ticket turned into an attempt at police intimidation, followed by the unlawful use of physical force, including being handcuffed and tased, and then unlawfully booked."

"This experience with the Milwaukee Police Department has forced me to stand up and tell my story so that I can help prevent these injustices from happening in the future."

The mayor of Milwaukee, Tom Barrett, said he was concerned that there could be a public backlash over the incident.

(The video linked to the story picks up right before he is tased.  About 8 minutes in.)

I know, I know...stand there surrounded by police because it takes 5 or 6 to write a parking ticket...and never EVER speak back even in the calmest voice or "you asked for it".

btw, here's the report:

http://www.wisn.com/article/arrest-report-brown-physically-resisted-officers-attempts-to-handcuff-him/16752938

Quote:The officer wrote in his report that a man, later identified as Bucks rookie Sterling Brown, came out of the store and stood "within arm's reach" of the officer.

The officer said he asked Brown to "repeatedly (to) step back, which he refused" to do.

He said Brown "became very aggressive," and so the officer called for backup.

When another officer arrived, they attempted to interview Brown.

The officer said that's when "Brown physically resisted officers attempts to handcuff him and he was taken to the ground in a controlled manner."

The officer said Brown continued to "resist being handcuffed" and "a Taser had to be employed to get Brown in control with handcuffs."

Police Chief Ed Flynn said the officer's use of force is now being investigated by the department.

"We wouldn't be conducting an investigation into this if we were 100 percent satisfied with our application of our tactics in this matter," Flynn said. "And as I say, what we want to do is ascertain how a parking ticket turned into a tasing, and so that's what we're going to do."

Police took Brown to the hospital to get checked out before booking him in the Milwaukee County Jail, where he spent a few hours and was released.

Brown received a $200 parking ticket. The officer wanted him charged with obstructing an officer, but after reviewing this report and bodycam video, police decided not to refer Brown for criminal charges.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/milwaukee-police-release-footage-of-cop-using-taser-on-sterling-brown/ar-AAxI8di

Quote:The Milwaukee Police Department released on Wednesday highly anticipated body camerafootage of one of its officers using a Taser to subdue Milwaukee Bucks guard Sterling Brown in a Walgreens parking lot earlier this year and said it determined members of its force acted “inappropriately.”

Police Chief Alfonso Morales said officers “were recently disciplined,” without providing details.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
(05-23-2018, 09:38 PM)GMDino Wrote: I have a boss that lives in another state.  He calls multiple times a day.  He also sells so that's one reason.  The other is he is convinced he is the only person (short of Jesus) that has never made a mistake so he has to catch other people's mistakes.

He'll ask question after question until he gets to one that isn't the exact right answer.

Seems like these officers were intent on doing something until they had a good enough reason to say he "resisted".  To the point that they lied on the report.

(The video linked to the story picks up right before he is tased.  About 8 minutes in.)

I know, I know...stand there surrounded by police because it takes 5 or 6 to write a parking ticket...and never EVER speak back even in the calmest voice or "you asked for it".

btw, here's the report:

http://www.wisn.com/article/arrest-report-brown-physically-resisted-officers-attempts-to-handcuff-him/16752938

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/milwaukee-police-release-footage-of-cop-using-taser-on-sterling-brown/ar-AAxI8di

I think he's lucky the police got to him first.  Two handicap spaces?  The handicap parking nazis wouldn't have been so kind as to merely taze him.  (I have never parked in a handicap space and never would, but some people seem to equate it with murder.)
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-23-2018, 09:38 PM)GMDino Wrote: I have a boss that lives in another state.  He calls multiple times a day.  He also sells so that's one reason.  The other is he is convinced he is the only person (short of Jesus) that has never made a mistake so he has to catch other people's mistakes.

btw, here's the report:

Haven't seen the video and can't watch it at work, but from everything I've read about this, it seems that BOTH parties share a little bit of blame. First and foremost, the police are the ones mainly responsible because it should never have gotten to the point of tackling and tasing Brown. However, Brown also should've just complied in any matter as possible. Yes, it would've sucked. Yes, he shouldn't have had to, but I don't understand the thinking that if a cop is being unnecessarily antagonistic, then you should be antagonistic back. Especially if you have the resources of a professional athlete. You return the antagonism with 10 times the niceness and respect. Once you're away, you get a lawyer, call the press, and make a big stink about it then.

But, again, I haven't seen the video and am only going off of news reports and various responses and comments I've seen made by people. 
No link of the white woman getting beaten by cops? Was she the wrong color for this thread?
--------------------------------------------------------

(05-29-2018, 02:25 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: No link of the white woman getting beaten by cops?  Was she the wrong color for this thread?

Or when you're hitting and spitting at police officers and then resist arrest, we all know what's coming.

She was also already on probation for burglary and simple assault, among other things. So you can't even make the case she's some non-violent innocent girl.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(05-24-2018, 12:53 PM)PhilHos Wrote:  However, Brown also should've just complied in any matter as possible. Yes, it would've sucked. Yes, he shouldn't have had to, but I don't understand the thinking that if a cop is being unnecessarily antagonistic, then you should be antagonistic back. Especially if you have the resources of a professional athlete. You return the antagonism with 10 times the niceness and respect. Once you're away, you get a lawyer, call the press, and make a big stink about it then.

If he complies with the cop then there is nothing to go to a lawyer about.  That way the cop gets away with it and nothing ever changes.

If everyone just rolls over and takes it that just empowers the cops to be assholes.
(05-29-2018, 02:25 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: No link of the white woman getting beaten by cops?  Was she the wrong color for this thread?

You are welcome to post the link.  This thread is not just about race.

You can save your "white man victim card" for another day.
(05-29-2018, 06:00 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Or when you're hitting and spitting at police officers and then resist arrest, we all know what's coming.

She was also already on probation for burglary and simple assault, among other things. So you can't even make the case she's some non-violent innocent girl.

I'm sorry......are you making my arguments for me? Or are you not saying that resisting arrest invites dumbass cops to beat you with excessive force?!?

Previous arrest record? Do you REALLY want to go there?!?

(05-30-2018, 10:59 AM)fredtoast Wrote: You are welcome to post the link.  This thread is not just about race.

You can save your "white man victim card" for another day.

I've never posted any videos bashing the cops.

I was just asking why the OP didn't post this outrageous incident.  Most of us understand why not.

(05-31-2018, 05:54 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I'm sorry......are you making my arguments for me?   Or are you not saying that resisting arrest invites dumbass cops to beat you with excessive force?!?

Previous arrest record?  Do you REALLY want to go there?!?

I don't know, is your argument that people should be allowed to freely kick/hit/bite/spit on (all four of which are assault) police while resisting arrest?

If she hit them, and they hit her to get her to stop hitting them, that's not excessive force. It literally is not by definition. If she was just lying there doing nothing, it would have been excessive force, but she wasn't, so it wasn't. If hitting her was what it took to stop her from hitting them, it's not excessive, it is proper escalation of force.

It is not the police's job to just let you hurt them so they can take you in without hurting you. They have a right to defend themselves.

Also, what's wrong with pointing out that someone was literally already on probation for violent crime? It speaks to the fact that they aren't a non-violent innocent. It also speaks to how freaking stupid they are for hitting and spitting on a police officer while on probation. Apparently keeping it real was more important than fulfilling the terms of your probation. It is the equivalent of a character witness.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(05-31-2018, 05:56 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I was just asking why the OP didn't post this outrageous incident.  Most of us understand why not.

Because there was no excessive force used?
(05-31-2018, 05:56 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I've never posted any videos bashing the cops.

I was just asking why the OP didn't post this outrageous incident.  Most of us understand why not.
I think the fact that he's in timeout (I think) could be a reason. But most likely because the person detained was not of the correct color. To be honest I had no idea of the incident to which you were referring until it popped up on my Yahoo feed this AM

(05-31-2018, 08:19 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Because there was no excessive force used?
https://www.yahoo.com/gma/police-release-bodycam-video-capturing-004434433.html

Seems your assessment of excessive force is fluid. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(05-31-2018, 08:59 AM)bfine32 Wrote: https://www.yahoo.com/gma/police-release-bodycam-video-capturing-004434433.html

Seems your assessment of excessive force is fluid. 

I had not seen the video.  I was just going by what Leonard said.  That is why I used the question mark?

BTW this thread is not about race.  It is about police brutality.  The OP is not the only one allowed to post links.  Anyone can.  So stop acting like white people are getting picked on.  Just put away your victim cards and post anything you have concerning police misconduct.
(05-31-2018, 09:04 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I had not seen the video.  I was just going by what Leonard said.  That is why I used the question mark?

BTW this thread is not about race.  It is about police brutality.  The OP is not the only one allowed to post links.  Anyone can.  So stop acting like white people are getting picked on.  Just put away your victim cards and post anything you have concerning police misconduct.

Just like you, I too, question why you used the question mark.

You seem to know a lot about the OP. No one is using a victim card, it's just a tired cliche your trot out to mask a double standard. IMO, the officers in this beach incident and the officer in the non-based on race OP were equally justified in their actions until a court of law deems otherwise. Not somebody holding a cell phone nor middle aged men with about 5% of the facts on a message board. 

(05-31-2018, 09:09 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Just like you, I too, question why you used the question mark.

You seem to know a lot about the OP. No one is using a victim card, it's just a tired cliche your trot out to mask a double standard. IMO, the officers in this beach incident and the officer in the non-based on race OP were equally justified in their actions until a court of law deems otherwise. Not somebody holding a cell phone nor middle aged men with about 5% of the facts on a message board. 

people need to be careful with the cell phones. Cops are known to think cell phones are guns and just kill people for having them in the open
People suck
(05-31-2018, 01:49 PM)Griever Wrote: people need to be careful with the cell phones. Cops are known to think cell phones are guns and just kill people for having them in the open

Good safety tip. When a LEO is involved in an altercation on of the least wise things to do would be to pull out a shiny object and aim it at them. 

(05-30-2018, 10:57 AM)fredtoast Wrote: If he complies with the cop then there is nothing to go to a lawyer about. 

So, the cop did nothing wrong? Nervous
(05-31-2018, 02:26 PM)PhilHos Wrote: So, the cop did nothing wrong? Nervous

You already admitted that he did.

Why play this game?