Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bad Weather- What About Training Camp?
It's supposed to storm over the next few days, so what does that do for training camp?

We probably wouldn't practice Friday since we play on Saturday, but what about today and tomorrow? Do they go to that indoor soccer facility?

I think I remember something about a deal to share UC's some, but I might just be in my "why the hell don't we do that" state of mind.

Valuable days for roster decisions and for practicing, so what do we do?
Reply/Quote
Storming here now, which means it’s most likely storming in Cincinnati.
Reply/Quote
Its football. ***** practice in that shit.
Reply/Quote
Play in the rain, practice in the rain. Unless it's lightning. Then, they can go to UC or they also have a small indoor field inside PBS.....
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2018, 04:02 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It's supposed to storm over the next few days, so what does that do for training camp?

We probably wouldn't practice Friday since we play on Saturday, but what about today and tomorrow?  Do they go to that indoor soccer facility?

I think I remember something about a deal to share UC's some, but I might just be in my "why the hell don't we do that" state of mind.

means you get to practice in the rain... Or leave early for dallas and practice down there for a day.

These are pro football players.... they play in bad conditions best way to prepare for those conditions is to practice in them not run from them.
Reply/Quote
Our owner is a dumbass; we should have an indoor practice facility it's simple. To the people who defend him on this shame on you.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2018, 05:03 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Play in the rain, practice in the rain. Unless it's lightning. Then, they can go to UC or they also have a small indoor field inside PBS.....

Thunderstorms are mostly expected.

(08-15-2018, 05:59 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: means you get to practice in the rain... Or leave early for dallas and practice down there for a day.

These are pro football players.... they play in bad conditions best way to prepare for those conditions is to practice in them not run from them.
Agreed on occasion but they’ve done it their entire lives, so no reason to still do it.

It’s not about toughing it out or anything, it’s about getting the most out of your practices, which is tough to do in the rain.

(08-15-2018, 06:31 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Are owner is a dumbass; we should have an indoor practice facility it's simple. To the people who defend him on this shame on you.

“Our” lol
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2018, 06:31 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Are owner is a dumbass

Evidently, so was your English teacher..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2018, 08:18 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Evidently, so was your English teacher..

Sorry typing on my phone autocorrected... Jackass
J24

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2018, 10:18 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Sorry typing on my phone autocorrected... Jackass

Lol! I've never had autocorrect change "our" to "are", but whatever.   LOL 

Btw, I think that you're supposed to look at what you wrote, before you post it...    Mellow

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2018, 10:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Lol! I've never had autocorrect change "our" to "are", but whatever.   LOL 

Btw, I think that you're supposed to look at what you wrote, before you post it...    Mellow

I forgot the JK at the end by the way but yeah I should of proof read my post.
J24

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2018, 05:59 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: means you get to practice in the rain... Or leave early for dallas and practice down there for a day.

There is a huge cost to this type of mentality and that is injury.   Sure they are pro athletes and need to prepare for bad weather but common sense needs to kick in at some point. Sliding around in the rain is not productive pratice and a good way to get guys injured. Hand, ankle, and knee injuries especially come to mind.
Reply/Quote
There is absolutely no reason, none, zero, nada, that this team does not have its own indoor training facility.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2018, 10:18 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Sorry typing on my phone autocorrected... Jackass

I was only joking. Happens to everyone.

(08-15-2018, 11:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There is absolutely no reason, none, zero, nada, that this team does not have its own indoor training facility.

We all know that but Mike Brown is a tight ass that doesn’t understand the simple concept that you need to spend money to make money.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2018, 05:03 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Play in the rain, practice in the rain. Unless it's lightning. Then, they can go to UC or they also have a small indoor field inside PBS.....

Agree completel, and had no idea about an indoor field at PBS. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2018, 11:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There is absolutely no reason, none, zero, nada, that this team does not have its own indoor training facility.

Nope, can not think of a single one. 

Kind of embarrassing to say the least.  

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2018, 04:02 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It's supposed to storm over the next few days, so what does that do for training camp?

We probably wouldn't practice Friday since we play on Saturday, but what about today and tomorrow?  Do they go to that indoor soccer facility?

I know people love to spend other people's money, but lightning is the only thing stopping an outdoor practice in my opinion. I have seen few days in my life in Cincy where it lightning was persistent from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. So, I suggest they move the practice times to miss the storms, if a apop up, they may have to use their indoor at PBS to do some work.

I think way too many people get all worked up about no indoor stadium (I will get ready to be blasted) saying things like injury and other concerns when I don't recall one injury of a player reported at PBS due to rain and thunder. I played football for 10 years, never practiced in a bubble and survived 2 a days in August 95 degree heat my high school years. Oh and I did not get paid millions of dollars either. Suck it up buttercups, it will be OK.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

they don't really need one....  we don't really suffer from the extreme weather they have north and south
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2018, 10:37 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I forgot the JK at the end by the way but yeah I should of proof read my post.

Sorry, but STILL an English problem. There is no such thing as "should of". "Should have" = YES ... "should of" = NO, NO, NO, NO, NO.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2018, 01:00 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Agree completel, and had no idea about an indoor field at PBS. 

Not an indoor field in the classic sense, it's more of just storage space (or something like that) which they converted into turf to practice on (if I remember correctly).

Better than nothing, but still nothing to really write home about.
Reply/Quote