Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bad for us
Most of the buckeyes day 2 picks returned to school, which means players we would hope to fall to us in rd2 and 3 are likely won’t be there. As Steve pazzolo from pff put it” MOST OF THE NFL DRAFT DAY 2 PICKS RETURNED TO OHIO STATE” wasn’t a fan of any of them for us, but it hurts who we wanted to grab.
Reply/Quote
Who cares?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 01:45 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Who cares?

As much talent as possible in draft, particularly at positions we weren’t looking to draft. Allows players we want to draft to fall.
Reply/Quote
I highly doubt that a few players choosing to return to school and improve their skillsets will have any dramatic effect on the draft.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Players return to school every season. A few Ohio St. guys doing so doesn't hurt the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 10:33 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I highly doubt that a few players choosing to return to school and improve their skillsets will have any dramatic effect on the draft.

(01-15-2024, 11:45 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Players return to school every season. A few Ohio St. guys doing so doesn't hurt the Bengals.
Talking around 10 guys… players like tevondre sweat for example don’t see him making it to our rd2 pick now. Those players that were unlikely to be there, but had a decent enough shot, now for me has no shot.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 07:30 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Talking around 10 guys… players like tevondre sweat for example don’t see him making it to our rd2 pick now. Those players that were unlikely to be there, but had a decent enough shot, now for me has no shot.

Ah, I feel you now. Hoping some OSU guys made it to the Bengals?
Reply/Quote
Count me in for not caring.... maybe now the Bengals won't reach for an overrated OSU player.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 07:59 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Ah, I feel you now. Hoping some OSU guys made it to the Bengals?

No bc I had no interest in say ebuka, Henderson, Burke etc etc. but wanted the teams ahead of us to grab them so players I did want like tevondre sweat would make it to us.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 08:03 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Count me in for not caring.... maybe now the Bengals won't reach for an overrated OSU player.

Osu players are overrated? ? but I wanted other teams to grab them so players I love like tevondre sweat would make it to us.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 10:34 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Osu players are overrated? ? but I wanted other teams to grab them so players I love like tevondre sweat would make it to us.

Problem with this logic is that it's more of a mirage than a reality.  These guys went back to school because the draft advisory panel didn't give them the grades that the draft sites were giving them.  That means it's unlikely any team would take them that high even if they did come out.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2024, 12:37 PM)Whatever Wrote: Problem with this logic is that it's more of a mirage than a reality.  These guys went back to school because the draft advisory panel didn't give them the grades that the draft sites were giving them.  That means it's unlikely any team would take them that high even if they did come out.

Ohio State has all those borderline 1st round prospects. Denzel Burke, Treyveon Henderson, Emeka Egbuka. A solid (injury free in one case) year could push them into money. Now with NIL they can earn 200k+ for 2024.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote