Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bailey out for 49ers
Markus Bailey and Tyler Shelvin have been ruled out for tomorrow. That increases the odds of Calitro being activated from the practice squad to 100%. Shelvin would likely have been inactive anyway

That puts Germaine Pratt, Joe Bachie as the starting LB with Clay Johnson, Nov waiver claim, and Calitro as the backups

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Injuries at Linebacker include Logan Wilson, Akeem Davis-Gaither, Jordan Evans, Markus Bailey. I'm surprised the Bengals aren't looking to add depth even if they are practice squad guys.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
BOTH practice squad linebackers have been activated for the game probably for special teams depth as much as linebacker depth.

What didn't happen, yet, was Waynes being activated off of IR. It could still happen though

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Tomorrow is going to be a bloodbath
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Mitchell is out and the 49ers other rbs are not good. So if Deebo plays they will be trying to use him at runningback a lot. Hopefully Waynes can play and we can see the best part of his game the tackling on full display.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2021, 03:13 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Tomorrow is going to be a bloodbath

That’s what I like to hear! Good ol’ positivity!
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2021, 03:13 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Tomorrow is going to be a bloodbath

If the Bengals can't get the offense rolling early, it certainly appears like it has the potential to get ugly.  However, with the 49ers going through their own injury struggles, perhaps things will balance out?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I know nothing of Keandre Jones. Hope these guys play well on ST's and don't have to see the field on D.

Like Synric I am also surprised we aren't looking at other LB's out there, pretty sure we could find somebody better than
Calitro or Jones. Just hoping Logan Wilson is back before the season is over.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2021, 03:18 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Mitchell is out and the 49ers other rbs are not good. So if Deebo plays they will be trying to use him at runningback a lot. Hopefully Waynes can play and we can see the best part of his game the tackling on full display.

Unless Waynes Tweeks his hammy walking out of the tunnel  Hilarious Hilarious sorry I had to do it ....
Reply/Quote
Exclamation 
(12-11-2021, 03:18 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Mitchell is out and the 49ers other rbs are not good. So if Deebo plays they will be trying to use him at runningback a lot. Hopefully Waynes can play and we can see the best part of his game the tackling on full display.

Deebo and Kittle can be a scary duo.

Fortunately the 49ers secondary is terrible, and they are beat up at tackle.  So give Joey B. some time and he will have a field day, and our ends should be able to keep heavy pressure on Jimmy G.
Reply/Quote
I didn't even know Bailey played for the 49ers.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2021, 05:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If the Bengals can't get the offense rolling early, it certainly appears like it has the potential to get ugly.  However, with the 49ers going through their own injury struggles, perhaps things will balance out?

Hope it balances out and somehow tilts in the Bengals favor. 

I know it's not a must win for Bengals, yet it almost feels like one to me. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 01:41 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Hope it balances out and somehow tilts in the Bengals favor. 

I know it's not a must win for Bengals, yet it almost feels like one to me. 

It certainly does feel like they need to come out and re-establish themselves.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Kind of makes me wish they were 1-11 again so I would't have to think about these things.. So much for OUR superbowl of the #1 pick again.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
They not signing guys kind of tells me they are on with however this year ends.

Kind of deflating, but the bengals are going to take these lumps down tge stretch and hopefully learn a few things.
Reply/Quote