Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baker - Can we keep it real?
Mayfield is a bad ass. I hate the Clowns but I ain’t gonna lie, I wish he played for us. He is going to be a force to deal with for many years to come.
Reply/Quote
Agreed. He can run his mouth and back it up for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I couldn’t stand him in college and I dislike him even more now. I don’t like his attitude and feel he can be a distraction. If that was Chad Johnson, Antonio Brown or any other diva receiver carrying on like him and sh it talking ex coaches he would be called divisive. For some reason he escapes blame because media is always looking to make someone the next big qb. Most importantly the last position I want distractions coming from is qb. Right now the argument can be made it’s harmless fun and his teammates rally around him but history has shown players with big mouths will eventually say something stupid that causes a problem in the locker room
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2019, 11:30 AM)Whacked Wrote: Mayfield is a bad ass. I hate the Clowns but I ain’t gonna lie, I wish he played for us. He is going to be a force to deal with for many years to come.

Anyone who cries after the police get them, is absolutely NOT a bad ass.

I sincerely hope we silence him this year, because he is NOT as good a player as he appears to be.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Baker Mayfield strikes me as a guy that during a rough patch is going to eventually alienate his teammates or coaching staff and people aren't going to want to work with him.

It might not be this year or next year but it will happen.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2019, 12:07 PM)Synric Wrote: Baker Mayfield strikes me as a guy that during a rough patch is going to eventually alienate his teammates or coaching staff and people aren't going to want to work with him.

He is the type of guy who never would have survived the NFL prior to the "no touchy" the QB rules that they have now. His attitude pisses off the guys playing against him and at some point the 15 yards will be worth it and he'll take a hit late or on the sidelines and my guess is that will rattle him.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Well he DID write or at least perform the song/soundtrack to Superfly.. That's something.. 

By the way, what exactly are we supposed to keep real? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
**** Baker Mayfield...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Baker is a joke. You will soon see. Can't believe the praise he is getting for a preseason game. But that's cool. Praise him on. Will be that much sweeter when he falls flat on his face and the Browns fall with him.

Reply/Quote
Lol come on. Its preseason. Whatever happens now doesnt mean much. Most teams aren't trying to strategize or anything. I dont care what happens this time of year other than injuries. Let's wait until the season starts before saying anything about anyone.
Reply/Quote
Last cocky dumbass who thought he was great.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Baker Mayfield is just one of those guys walking around with a powder keg under his arm chain smoking cigars. Sooner or later the spark is gonna hit and the whole things gonna blow !
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2019, 10:20 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Baker Mayfield is just one of those guys walking around with a powder keg under his arm chain smoking cigars. Sooner or later the spark is gonna hit and the whole things gonna blow !

Yep. A QB does a little in preseason and he’s the next joe montanafavrestaubachstarr. Hell, he’s not even a Plummer yet. Mooning

Reply/Quote
I mean ......he played the Redskins. In preseason.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2019, 12:25 PM)grampahol Wrote: Well he DID write or at least perform the song/soundtrack to Superfly.. That's something.. 

By the way, what exactly are we supposed to keep real? 

Oh wait.. That was Curtis Mayfield for anyone who cares even slightly. For those who don't, well... Go straight to H E double toothbrushes! and uhhh...keep it real...I guess. Yawn
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2019, 12:16 AM)grampahol Wrote: Oh wait.. That was Curtis Mayfield for anyone who cares even slightly. For those who don't, well... Go straight to H E double toothbrushes! and uhhh...keep it real...I guess. Yawn

Mighty mighty, spade and whitey.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2019, 11:30 AM)Whacked Wrote: Mayfield is a bad ass. I hate the Clowns but I ain’t gonna lie, I wish he played for us. He is going to be a force to deal with for many years to come.

Sleeping with the enemy?  For shame, for shame.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2019, 12:22 PM)McC Wrote: Sleeping with the enemy?  For shame, for shame.

Is this the smack shack?
When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.

Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2019, 11:38 AM)Deanlj69 Wrote: I couldn’t stand him in college and I dislike him even more now. I don’t like his attitude and feel he can be a distraction. If that was Chad Johnson, Antonio Brown or any other diva receiver carrying on like him and sh it talking ex coaches he would be called divisive. For some reason he escapes blame because media is always looking to make someone the next big qb. Most importantly the last position I want distractions coming from is qb. Right now the argument can be made it’s harmless fun and his teammates rally around him but history has shown players with big mouths will eventually say something stupid that causes a problem in the locker room

Yep, they tried with Manzel. Just glad it busted in their pants.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2019, 11:38 AM)Deanlj69 Wrote: Right now the argument can be made it’s harmless fun and his teammates rally around him but history has shown players with big mouths will eventually say something stupid that causes a problem in the locker room

(08-09-2019, 12:07 PM)Synric Wrote: Baker Mayfield strikes me as a guy that during a rough patch is going to eventually alienate his teammates or coaching staff and people aren't going to want to work with him.

I agree. Winning is the best deodorant so his attitude right now is embraced. But lets see what happens if they fail to live up to expectations over the next season or two. And that assuming that he maintains or improves his level of play. If he performs poorly and the Browns have a couple of sub .500 seasons, his act will grow old inside the locker room. Its similar to what is going to happen in Oakland. Just wait until the Raiders are 2-6 and Carr isn't getting AB his touches and his numbers are down. 

Reply/Quote