Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baker - Can we keep it real?
Looked sick last night

I still don’t like the dude (!!) he does have some talent and is a leader IMO

(08-09-2019, 11:30 AM)Whacked Wrote: Mayfield is a bad ass. I hate the Clowns but I ain’t gonna lie, I wish he played for us. He is going to be a force to deal with for many years to come.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 10:33 AM)Whacked Wrote: Looked sick last night

I still don’t like the dude (!!) he does have some talent and is a leader IMO

He did not look anything close to sick last night. 54% completion, 1td to 1int and a 83 rating. 

Why are you trying to pimp this guy so hard when he's average, at best? A busted coverage and another 1 handed OBJ catch bailed him out last night, otherwise he looked pedestrian.

He's the 27th ranked QB in the NFL right now with a 73.4 rating and a 2/4 td to int ratio.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Mayfield was bad last night. He had 1 INT and the Jets dropped three more (2 of which would have been pick sixes). His one TD was a short pass that turned into a TD because of a MAJOR coverage blow.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 12:57 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He did not look anything close to sick last night. 54% completion, 1td to 1int and a 83 rating. 

Why are you trying to pimp this guy so hard when he's average, at best? A busted coverage and another 1 handed OBJ catch bailed him out last night, otherwise he looked pedestrian.

He's the 27th ranked QB in the NFL right now with a 73.4 rating and a 2/4 td to int ratio.

The most important stat was He WON!  I'll take that over all the personal stats any day.
When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.

Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 01:26 AM)Vambo Wrote: The most important stat was He WON!  I'll take that over all the personal stats any day.

This thread isn't about the team winning, it's about Baker Mayfield, and more recently, how he was "sick" in the Monday night game...which he wasn't. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I don't like Mayfield and his childish antics, but I have to give him props on the story about his coaches hollering at him to get on the field for practice, and him refusing to do so until he had signed autographs for all the soldiers that were there wanting one. He keeps that kind of stuff up, I may warm up to him.
Reply/Quote
baker, give me autograph! It may be worth $1 in 20 or 30 years!
Reply/Quote
**** Baker Mayfield...

That should be posted in this thread every 7-8 posts.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
How about that Baker Mayfield?

Was he sick tonight, or what?

Reply/Quote
If you mean sickening yes. In spite of only being pressured occasionally he struggled to complete over 50% and only had a shot at tying the game (which he did not do) because Jared Goff threw into triple coverage for no reason and then the Rams totally lost a receiver in the zone.
Reply/Quote
Little bit off, Joe; he was pressured often and heavily, this past evening.

BUT! Instead of adjusting and getting the ball out quickly (the only time he was successful during the game), he decided to hold onto the ball and run around with his head cut off, every other play.

For a guy who is poised and cocky, he looked like a damn ***** and horrid decision-maker.

That may not be all on him; a lot could be Kitchens as well, but as I said in JN, Mayfield is clearly the most overrated player in the league right now.

I'd take Andy over him any day of the week.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 10:01 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Little bit off, Joe; he was pressured often and heavily, this past evening.

BUT! Instead of adjusting and getting the ball out quickly (the only time he was successful during the game), he decided to hold onto the ball and run around with his head cut off, every other play.

For a guy who is poised and cocky, he looked like a damn ***** and horrid decision-maker.

That may not be all on him; a lot could be Kitchens as well, but as I said in JN, Mayfield is clearly the most overrated player in the league right now.

He definitely looked better last year... I heard Colin Cowherd talking about him awhile back. Something along the lines of Mayfield's numbers were almost identical to Eli Manning last year when they played above .500 teams.

He's such an unlikable ****head that I root for him to fail... It's amazing how much hype 7 wins will get you in some towns... Thats basically been Andy Dalton's floor as a starter.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 10:01 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Little bit off, Joe; he was pressured often and heavily, this past evening.

I was of the opinion the browns kept the wrong coach... looks like it might be true.
Reply/Quote