Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baker Mayfield traded....
....to the Carolina Panthers

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/browns-trading-baker-mayfield-to-panthers-after-acquiring-deshaun-watson-173534382.html

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Woohoo.. Sam Darnold now? I guess not..a conditional 5th.. Wow.. Browns did Mayfield a real dirty..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Glad that's over sick of hearing where's Baker going ?

Sorry Carolina
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2022, 04:04 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Glad that's over sick of hearing where's Baker going ?

Sorry Carolina

He should do well there. Carolina's incompetency is nothing compared to Cleveland's incompetency.  I'm not a Baker fan by any means but now he get's a chance to shove it deep up Clevelands" @$$ in the first game of the season. This trade is priceless for Mayfield. The only thing that sucks about this is the game will be played in Carolina instead of Cleveland.

Reply/Quote
Now that Baker is both not a Brown AND out of the AFC I hope he makes the Browns look extra stupid.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2022, 04:19 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: He should do well there. Carolina's incompetency is nothing compared to Cleveland's incompetency.  I'm not a Baker fan by any means but now he get's a chance to shove it deep up Clevelands" @$$ in the first game of the season. This trade is priceless for Mayfield. The only thing that sucks about this is the game will be played in Carolina instead of Cleveland.

I'm far from a Baker fan. But yes even I would like to see him start the 1st game and just destroy the Browns like 55-3 or something.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Question 
Browns get 5th and maybe 4th
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
of course the panthers face cleveland week 1

OF COURSE
Reply/Quote
They saved some cap room, which was their main motive in the trade/dumb

And, Car plays Clev in wk 1, which will be funny to watch.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2022, 05:21 PM)ATOTR Wrote: They saved some cap room, which was their main motive in the trade/dumb

And, Car plays Clev in wk 1, which will be funny to watch.

Funny or fun?

Reply/Quote
Cool, nice for this to be over with. I like it and hope Mayfield does great against the Stains in the opener if he starts.

Probably will, I have no faith in Darnold who was just a terrible pick in the first place IMO.

So true that the Stains did Mayfield a dirty one as that is what they do. Flush it down!MadClev Sux
Reply/Quote
I am somewhat shocked, but glad for him (and let's be honest, the dude balled when he played the Bengals) that Baker Mayfield has been traded to the Carolina Panthers for a 5th round pick, that could become a 4th based on playing time.

Mayfield agreed to a $3 million dollar pay cut, the Browns are paying $10 million of his salary, and the Panthers are paying just $5 million.

The Panthers are the big winners here. No matter what you feel about his often douchey behavior, Mayfield has shown he can play at a high level in the NFL which is WAY more than the likes of Sam Darnold can say.

Here is the fun part: The week 1 opponent for the Panthers (at home) is none other than the Cleveland Browns.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2022, 10:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Cool, nice for this to be over with. I like it and hope Mayfield does great against the Stains in the opener if he starts.

Probably will, I have no faith in Darnold who was just a terrible pick in the first place IMO.

So true that the Stains did Mayfield a dirty one as that is what they do. Flush it down!MadClev Sux

Kind of ironic or something that the 1st and 3rd picks in the 2018 draft are playing for their NFL lives on the same team.
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 08:52 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Kind of ironic or something that the 1st and 3rd picks in the 2018 draft are playing for their NFL lives on the same team.

Browns 2nd round pick of that draft  (OL Austin) was also picked up by Carolina eariler this offseason lol

This should settle any Baker or Darnold debate lol
Reply/Quote
It really is unbelievable that the Browns have went from Super Bowl contender last season to possibly being used in the same breath as the Lions and Jags. I guess they're just willing to burn the 2022 season and wait until Watson completes his sex offender classes and scrubs up his reputation. The NFL did, after all, forgive and forget Big Ben for the most part.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 07:02 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I am somewhat shocked, but glad for him (and let's be honest, the dude balled when he played the Bengals) that Baker Mayfield has been traded to the Carolina Panthers for a 5th round pick, that could become a 4th based on playing time.

Mayfield agreed to a $3 million dollar pay cut, the Browns are paying $10 million of his salary, and the Panthers are paying just $5 million.

The Panthers are the big winners here.  No matter what you feel about his often douchey behavior, Mayfield has shown he can play at a high level in the NFL which is WAY more than the likes of Sam Darnold can say.

Here is the fun part:   The week 1 opponent for the Panthers (at home) is none other than the Cleveland Browns.

The Panthers for sure won this deal.....and Browns gon' Brown. Always.

Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 11:45 AM)2MinutesHate Wrote: It really is unbelievable that the Browns have went from Super Bowl contender last season to possibly being used in the same breath as the Lions and Jags.  I guess they're just willing to burn the 2022 season and wait until Watson completes his sex offender classes and scrubs up his reputation.  The NFL did, after all, forgive and forget Big Ben for the most part.

Meh, the Browns still have a loaded roster.  They'll be very competitive, no matter who is behind center.

I'm happy to see Mayfield getting a shot to get new life, with a new team, after the way the Browns jerked him around.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 12:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Meh, the Browns still have a loaded roster.  They'll be very competitive, no matter who is behind center.

I'm happy to see Mayfield getting a shot to get new life, with a new team, after the way the Browns jerked him around.

even though carolina is probly the worst possible place for baker to land at least hes out of cleveland.

Browns have a decent roster but they arent doing much this year without a QB
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 12:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Meh, the Browns still have a loaded roster.  They'll be very competitive, no matter who is behind center.

I'm not so sure about that Sunset ? Between the whole OBJ thing, the way they did Mayfield and now this Watson fiasco. The Browns have dug a deep hole to get out of loaded roster or not. Who's gonna want to play for these clowns ?
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 01:58 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm not so sure about that Sunset ? Between the whole OBJ thing, the way they did Mayfield and now this Watson fiasco. The Browns have dug a deep hole to get out of loaded roster or not. Who's gonna want to play for these clowns ?

That's a good point.... organization is looking like a big ol dumpster fire right about now.

Reply/Quote