Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baker Mayfield traded....
(07-07-2022, 01:58 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm not so sure about that Sunset ? Between the whole OBJ thing, the way they did Mayfield and now this Watson fiasco. The Browns have dug a deep hole to get out of loaded roster or not. Who's gonna want to play for these clowns ?

Yeah you can only give so many people $230 million guaranteed.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 08:52 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Kind of ironic or something that the 1st and 3rd picks in the 2018 draft are playing for their NFL lives on the same team.

True, wild. Oh well, Darnold is the biggest bust of that draft and I bet his NFL life is over now.

As bad as Mayfield played against other teams not named the Bengals he is still much better than Darnold.

(07-07-2022, 10:31 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Browns 2nd round pick of that draft  (OL Austin) was also picked up by Carolina eariler this offseason lol

This should settle any Baker or Darnold debate lol

It will lol

(07-07-2022, 12:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Meh, the Browns still have a loaded roster.  They'll be very competitive, no matter who is behind center.

I'm happy to see Mayfield getting a shot to get new life, with a new team, after the way the Browns jerked him around.

True, but without a decent QB and what they have done lately they might have to trade that loaded roster away if they can.

(07-07-2022, 01:58 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm not so sure about that Sunset ? Between the whole OBJ thing, the way they did Mayfield and now this Watson fiasco. The Browns have dug a deep hole to get out of loaded roster or not. Who's gonna want to play for these clowns ?

I sure wouldn't. They flushed themselves down the toilet. 

All riding high with SB hopes and SWOOSH!!! Hilarious

(07-07-2022, 02:55 PM)Wyche Wrote: That's a good point.... organization is looking like a big ol dumpster fire right about now.

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2022, 10:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Cool, nice for this to be over with. I like it and hope Mayfield does great against the Stains in the opener if he starts.

Probably will, I have no faith in Darnold who was just a terrible pick in the first place IMO.

So true that the Stains did Mayfield a dirty one as that is what they do. Flush it down!MadClev Sux

Yep, but no one seems to be focusing on is everything the Browns have given up to this point for Watson, which is THREE first round picks and a fourth round pick this year as well. 

They got Cooper for a steal (5th round pick and a swap of 6th rounders) but with no first round picks the next two seasons, they are really relying on the roster they have and there will be a lot of folks due big contracts very soon.  

While Watson is a better QB, I am not sure he made the team better for the long haul.  
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2022, 07:41 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yep, but no one seems to be focusing on is everything the Browns have given up to this point for Watson, which is THREE first round picks and a fourth round pick this year as well. 

They got Cooper for a steal (5th round pick and a swap of 6th rounders) but with no first round picks the next two seasons, they are really relying on the roster they have and there will be a lot of folks due big contracts very soon.  

While Watson is a better QB, I am not sure he made the team better for the long haul.  

Ya, it's just crazy what they sacrificed for Watson.  Even Cooper at $20 million a year seems steep.  He made a great move financially as he's already showing signs of slowing down.

I don't think Watson plays this season and after 2 years off, who's to say he comes back as the same player he once was?

Meanwhile, Chubb sand Hunt are thrown into the meat grinder all season long because they have no other options.  That's kinda the silver lining in all of this for the rest of the AFC North.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
I'm confused... How did the Browns do Baker Mayfield wrong? The guy is mediocre and throws a ton of picks. They over drafted him, and made him a ton of endorsement money because of it.

Also... **** Baker Mayfield. I hated him long before he set foot in Cleveland.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2022, 07:41 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yep, but no one seems to be focusing on is everything the Browns have given up to this point for Watson, which is THREE first round picks and a fourth round pick this year as well. 

The Rams gave up first round picks left and right, and won a Super Bowl. Deshaun Watson is miles better than Mayfield, and the Browns are playing for now... Not 5 years from now.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2022, 10:27 AM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Ya, it's just crazy what they sacrificed for Watson.  Even Cooper at $20 million a year seems steep.  He made a great move financially as he's already showing signs of slowing down.

I don't think Watson plays this season and after 2 years off, who's to say he comes back as the same player he once was?

Meanwhile, Chubb sand Hunt are thrown into the meat grinder all season long because they have no other options.  That's kinda the silver lining in all of this for the rest of the AFC North.

It is actually three years off if he doesn't play at all this season (until next season starts).  That is such a massive risk for the Browns, but they felt like they had everything but the QB and made their move.   Not a good one.

I think you raise an interesting point on the cost of leaning on Chubb and Hunt.  Not only will teams be keying on their rush attack, but they have seen the blocking schemes and we still don't know if they will be re-signing Tretter.
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2022, 07:58 PM)jason Wrote: The Rams gave up first round picks left and right, and won a Super Bowl. Deshaun Watson is miles better than Mayfield, and the Browns are playing for now... Not 5 years from now.

Yep, it worked for the Rams, but Stafford didn't have this cloud hanging over his head, and we will see if the Rams are a strong contender for the next few years or a one year wonder.  

Still, I would take the title...
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2022, 09:57 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yep, it worked for the Rams, but Stafford didn't have this cloud hanging over his head, and we will see if the Rams are a strong contender for the next few years or a one year wonder.  

Still, I would take the title...

yes it worked out for the RAMS but barely....
If Burrow had .5 more seconds he hits Chase on that last play and all of a sudden the narrative is the  RAMS sacrificed everything to come up a pubic hair short.
 I picture the Haslem family lying around all pissy that Bengals are in SB and telling their GM to find a QB no matter the cost not really thinking it through much like other moves they make...I dont think that family listens to good advice form the experienced people they pay to provide just that.    
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2022, 07:53 PM)jason Wrote: I'm confused... How did the Browns do Baker Mayfield wrong? The guy is mediocre and throws a ton of picks.  They over drafted him, and made him a ton of endorsement money because of it.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-baker-mayfield-divided-browns-locker-room-viewed-as-immature/ar-AAZoH2c?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=3de03fdbf52943c697d0190c6e31f

This is the thing that's Mayfields problem.
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2022, 04:03 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-baker-mayfield-divided-browns-locker-room-viewed-as-immature/ar-AAZoH2c?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=3de03fdbf52943c697d0190c6e31f

This is the thing that's Mayfields problem.

Yep... The guy is a punk. It's really hard to be sympathetic toward him. He got upgraded, and that's that. This is that same guy that was taunting our sideline in 2018, and did his lil flag plant in Ohio Stadium the year before. **** 'em.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I could see the same thing that happened to OBJ in Cleveland happening to Cooper. Cooper was underutilized with the raiders and did well with the cowboys. Now he goes to an organization with a recent history of underutilizing talented wideouts.

Baker should have played better with the talent around him in Cleveland. He only really showed up when he played us. He should have utilized OBJ better. Their offense will be one dimensional until Watson can actually play. Who knows when that will be.

But the browns have a very talented roster. It definitely looks at this point in time that they could squander it like the Jags did a few years ago. Yet, their defense is intact and looks dominant. They’ve got talent on offense the big question mark continues to be qb. With a decent backup filling in they will still be tough to beat. I think they get around 8 or 9 wins. If Watson plays they’re a contender.
Reply/Quote

Yes, they clearly screwed the pooch. I would be very surprised if anything good happens with the Watson ordeal.

(07-08-2022, 10:27 AM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Ya, it's just crazy what they sacrificed for Watson.  Even Cooper at $20 million a year seems steep.  He made a great move financially as he's already showing signs of slowing down.

All true. Stop the run, tall order but if you stop Chubb and Hunt you will beat these guys.

We can stop the run so I am predicting us to turn the corner and starting to beat these guys down again.

(07-08-2022, 07:53 PM)jason Wrote: I'm confused... How did the Browns do Baker Mayfield wrong? The guy is mediocre and throws a ton of picks.  They over drafted him, and made him a ton of endorsement money because of it.

You are an OSU fan Jason, I understand why you hate Baker. I liked him at Oklahoma even if he is immature I thought he 
was a good QB, much more so than Darnold was at USC. Once he was on the Stains though I started to dislike him some
what like you do, not near as much though clearly lol

The Stains did Mayfield wrong by trading for Watson and paying him all this money while keeping Mayfield on the roster
and not moving him for so damn long. I am sure you liked the dirty one they did to him though ha ha
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2022, 05:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, they clearly screwed the pooch. I would be very surprised if anything good happens with the Watson ordeal.

All true. Stop the run, tall order but if you stop Chubb and Hunt you will beat these guys.

We can stop the run so I am predicting us to turn the corner and starting to beat these guys down again.

You are an OSU fan Jason, I understand why you hate Baker. I liked him at Oklahoma even if he is immature I thought he 
was a good QB, much more so than Darnold was at USC. Once he was on the Stains though I started to dislike him some
what like you do, not near as much though clearly lol

The Stains did Mayfield wrong by trading for Watson and paying him all this money while keeping Mayfield on the roster
and not moving him for so damn long. I am sure you liked the dirty one they did to him though ha ha

I mean they sent him somewhere he can compete for a job with the other interception machine... Hell they're still paying a good chunk of his salary.

But yes... One of my favorite non Bengals moments in NFL history was Nick Bosa bouncing Mayfield's head off the turf then pretending to plant a flag. That was only a few notches less enjoyable than watching Bell blast JuJu.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
If NFL fans are to be believed, the 2022 Browns and Seahawks will be facing each other in the super bowl because they will finally be those teams that run the ball 75% of the time and have the QB attempt like 5 passes per game.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2022, 04:35 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Now that Baker is both not a Brown AND out of the AFC I hope he makes the Browns look extra stupid.

WELL SAID....Clev Sux......The heck with Cleveland. I hope trading years of #1 draft picks for problem player Watson, and trading Mayfield blows up in Cleveland's Face......I would love to see Mayfield go to Carolina and put up some of those games he did against Bengals when he was throwing as as well as any QB in the NFL.  Except not against Bengals in NFC South.  There were games Mayfield killed the Bengals with passes and throwing deep as well as Mahomes, including beating Bengals the first game in 2021 and Bengals did NOT look like on way to Super Bowl that day. Mayfield lit the Bengals up enough over the years and beat the Bengals a lot, so I'm glad he is out of the AFC North. He could just be what Carolina Panthers need to take on Atlanta, New Orleans and Tampa Bay down South.

As for Fantasy Football, he will be someone to keep an eye on in Free Agency this year.  He could move up the ladder in Fantasy Football fast.  I would not want Watson, too many question marks.  I really think the Browns made a HUGE mistake trading their future in years of #1 picks.  IF Cleveland thinks Watson is going to come in now and at take them to Super Bowl right away, they are crazy.  They traded off their Future to win now, but they will NOT win now, and they will not win in the future due to trading years of Top Picks.  Since The Browns moved to Baltimore and The New Browns started, The New Browns have made the worst Quarterback and Coaching changes in the NFL like a revolving door of bad moves every year.  

Yes, Now that Baker is both not a Brown and out of Bengals AFC North, I hope he makes the Browns look extra stupid.  I agree with this message. 

Clev SuxClev SuxClev SuxClev SuxClev Sux

Tiger Who Dey Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2022, 08:23 PM)jason Wrote: I mean they sent him somewhere he can compete for a job with the other interception machine... Hell they're still paying a good chunk of his salary.

But yes... One of my favorite non Bengals moments in NFL history was Nick Bosa bouncing Mayfield's head off the turf then pretending to plant a flag. That was only a few notches less enjoyable than watching Bell blast JuJu.

That was enjoyable. Smirk

I like Nick Bosa, damn good player and dude. What gets me excited is how well La'el played Nick. That is one heck of an End 
and La'el dominated him almost everytime I watched the two play. Hubbard is going to have his work cut out for him this year
in practice going against La'el frickin' Collins.
Reply/Quote