Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baker staying with Bucs
Baker and Bucs agree on a 3 year deal for $100 million and $50 mill of that is guaranteed. Could be as high as $115 mill. Can't believe they would want to shell out that much.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2024/03/buccaneers-baker-mayfield-agree-to-deal
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2024, 06:22 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Baker and Bucs agree on a 3 year deal for $100 million and $50 mill of that is guaranteed. Could be as high as $115 mill. Can't believe they would want to shell out that much.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2024/03/buccaneers-baker-mayfield-agree-to-deal

Lol, I'm sure that they didn't "want" to shell out much of anything to sign him. Love him or hate him, he's not a bad football player.  It's not his fault that Cleveland took him at #1OA and put some very unrealistic expectations on him.  WTS, players seem to enjoy playing with him, just ask Mike Evans.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2024, 06:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Lol, I'm sure that they didn't "want" to shell out much of anything to sign him. Love him or hate him, he's not a bad football player.  It's not his fault that Cleveland took him at #1OA and put some very unrealistic expectations on him.  WTS, players seem to enjoy playing with him, just ask Mike Evans.

Yes he's not a bad player but he's not exactly great either. At least as of right now he's not worth essentially $33 mill a year.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2024, 08:31 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Yes he's not a bad player but he's not exactly great either. At least as of right now he's not worth essentially $33 mill a year.

Apparently, he was to the Buccaneers.  WTS, I don't give two shats about the guy as a man or a player, I'm just saying that he's decent and has merit.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2024, 08:31 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Yes he's not a bad player but he's not exactly great either. At least as of right now he's not worth essentially $33 mill a year.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Arians came out and said that ME and BM were his top two priorities in free agency. The reason that contract is so large is because TB had to throw him that much to get it done. It has been widely known in NFL circles that both ATL and NE were trying to lure Baker away from TB.

Tampa embraced Baker and he loves it there, but what closed the deal was getting ME back. Baker loves playing with Evans and vice versa.  
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2024, 06:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Lol, I'm sure that they didn't "want" to shell out much of anything to sign him. Love him or hate him, he's not a bad football player.  It's not his fault that Cleveland took him at #1OA and put some very unrealistic expectations on him.  WTS, players seem to enjoy playing with him, just ask Mike Evans.

It IS his fault that he said yes to about 5,821 commercials, though, making him much more exposed to the public. If you overexpose yourself with commercials and then aren't very good on top of that? Kind of brought that on yourself.

His QB Rating+ his four years in Cleveland...

For Comparison, Dalton's first four years...

About the same ceiling, much worse floor, despite having an amazing OL and run game to lean on. He's just not accurate enough to be a good starting QB. His rookie season is the only time he's been above average compared to the league in completion %, and he was at 101, or 1% above league average. Followed that up with 79, 92, and 81. 

He's absolutely still a starter in the NFL, but just not on a good team.

$33m/yr last year would be the 17th highest paid QB,. Welcome to the absurd QB market. Lol. 

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
The Bucs gave him the contract the Browns were afraid to.
Reply/Quote