Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Ballpark Range To Keep Burrow Long Term This Summer
Not sure I would sign him for more than 5 years. Long term contracts can be a thorn if Joe gets injured. I would sign him for 5 years at 250 million dollars. He's worth 50 million a year. And guarantee most of it.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2023, 12:13 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Not sure I would sign him for more than 5 years. Long term contracts can be a thorn if Joe gets injured. I would sign him for 5 years at 250 million dollars. He's worth 50 million a year. And guarantee most of it.

Yeah, but then when we win a few Super Bowls, his next contract would be insane.
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2023, 12:13 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Not sure I would sign him for more than 5 years. Long term contracts can be a thorn if Joe gets injured. I would sign him for 5 years at 250 million dollars. He's worth 50 million a year. And guarantee most of it.

Oh the Bengals would sign him to a 10 year deal if he'd agree.

I think the deal will be shorter than fans want. The Mahommes deal is an outlier.

He'll get 3-5 years at $55-60 million a year.
Reply/Quote
Burrow says he wants to be here. Bengals certainly want him here. He’s a generational talent at the #1 premium NFL position. We can make a case that he’s the best QB in the league, and he’s still young.

If this were a short term deal, this contract would be signed already. I think it’s a LONNNNNNNNGGGG term deal with some creative pay outs.
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2023, 11:10 AM)Graphicguy Wrote: Burrow says he wants to be here. Bengals certainly want him here. He’s a generational talent at the #1 premium NFL position. We can make a case that he’s the best QB in the league, and he’s still young.

If this were a short term deal, this contract would be signed already. I think it’s a LONNNNNNNNGGGG term deal with some creative pay outs.

I think the number of years could be a hang up too. It'll get done, but I doubt it's the money itself that is the reason it isn't already signed.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

This makes ZERO sense if the team is looking to have flexibility to keep other players.

Reply/Quote