Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Balt's pick in rd #1
i'm surprised the Ravens picked a CB...
I thought for sure they would pick O.J. Howard, or Foster or Allen...
i'm actually happy....I wanted Howard for us at 9 & would of hated to see him suit up & play for the rat birds...... Shocked
Reply/Quote
I'm not surprised at all.

Their best CB is litterally known for getting killed by A.J. Green. They needed CB & Wr help badly.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 11:11 PM)Steve Wrote: i'm surprised the Ravens picked a CB...
i'm actually happy....I wanted Howard for us at 9 & would of hated to see him suit up & play for the rat birds...... Shocked

This.

I'm delighted we are not going to see OJ Howard twice a year with either the Ravens or Steelers.   

I think with Shazier/Mosley there was not the need for Foster but again ...glad he's not on their teams
Reply/Quote
We still have to face Garret twice a year, but they're the Browns where QBs go to die.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Glad we got Ross. And I'm really glad Indy took Hooker before Baltimore...
Reply/Quote
Was this a reactionary pick to us taking Ross. They already have enough trouble with Green, then we take Ross. You can't tell me that didn't come up when they were on the clock.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 08:39 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Was this a reactionary pick to us taking Ross. They already have enough trouble with Green, then we take Ross. You can't tell me that didn't come up when they were on the clock.

Humphrey definitely gave Ross a hard time in the College Playoff game.

I think Green will help Ross learn to deal with the press coverage. God knows people don't dare press Green haha.
Reply/Quote
I'm more surprised Pitt took Watt over Foster
Reply/Quote
The Ravens are just trying to make sure they have the #1 overall defense and hope their offense can score more than 14 points a game.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 08:43 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Humphrey definitely gave Ross a hard time in the College Playoff game.

I think Green will help Ross learn to deal with the press coverage. God knows people don't dare press Green haha.

I don't believe Humphrey was alone on Ross...he had help.  And they also were grabbing and holding him in ways you can't do in the NFL.  

I'm sure the fire in John Ross will burn a little brighter when he gets to face Humphrey again.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 08:44 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: I'm more surprised Pitt took Watt over Foster

TJ Watt fits them better than Foster.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 09:13 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: TJ Watt fits them better than Foster.

IDK about that. Lawrence Timmons is gone and they are going to have to put someone next to Shazier. Harrison is still there for at least a year so Watt will be a rotational guy year 1 where as Foster would have given them the best young interior LB duo in the league. Watch for them to take McMillan out of OSU if he is there in the 2nd.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 09:13 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: TJ Watt fits them better than Foster.

How so? I saw a quick reaction article somewhere saying the exact opposite. Foster would have immediately given them the best lb core in the league... And they just took a project with a name. Now maybe it'll work out, who knows. All I know is, for now, I'm happier facing little watt than Foster 
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 08:44 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: I'm more surprised Pitt took Watt over Foster

Seriously, Foster to the Steelers was my nightmare. It would have been such a steelers pick. Glad they didnt take him.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 11:11 PM)Steve Wrote: i'm surprised the Ravens picked a CB...

we picked up the fastest WR in the draft and they already get destroyed by AJ

Yeah CB was needed.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 09:27 AM)Au165 Wrote: IDK about that. Lawrence Timmons is gone and they are going to have to put someone next to Shazier. Harrison is still there for at least a year so Watt will be a rotational guy year 1 where as Foster would have given them the best young interior LB duo in the league. Watch for them to take McMillan out of OSU if he is there in the 2nd.

foster next to Burfict would have been nice though....
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 02:48 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: foster next to Burfict would have been nice though....

It would have been, but I am not sure we go LB tonight either though. I think they are interested in Minter as the long term solution. He is still young and is just coming in to his own.
Reply/Quote