Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baltimore 11 sacks/Bengals 0
I do think we miss out on some of the better athletes in the draft due to our scheme. Sans Lawson, we generally pass on tweeners, who fit quite well in a 3/4. Geno would have to be a 3/4 end,...he's not likely a nose tackle.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 12:27 PM)McC Wrote: Not to disrupt you narrative of whine, but Baltimore has pitched two shutouts and we put up 34 against them.

why do anonymous posters get a kick out of disparaging someone else.

Not typical for people on this board.

Something is fundamentally wrong with the way the Bengals have played the Steelers for 16 years.

Their lines regularly have gotten the better of ours on both sides.

This is a fact not whine
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 01:09 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Bengals own Ravens, Ravens own Steerers, Steelers own Bengals.  Go figure.   Cool

we don't own the Ravens

we have a winning record against them but they have their share of victories.

I wish we were 12-18 against the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 11:36 AM)Joelist Wrote: It isn’t so much the 3-4 (which we have the wrong personnel to run) as it is the soft zones we use, which our personnel are unsuited for. Remember than when our defense was good (under Zimmer) he did not use a lot of zone and instead played press man more.

If we had played press yesterday they would have won by 2 or 3 TDs

Press depends on getting pressure on the QB.

Ben would have really killed us yesterday if we had played man to man all over the field.

also- can someone who knows more then me explain why we have failed to cover TEs for 16 years???
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 10:58 AM)bengals67 Wrote: Ravens play a 3-4 and Bengals play a 4-3.

Ravens had 11 sacks against Titans yesterday

Bengals- zero sacks and no pressures. None !!! This is biggest reason ( by far) why we lost the game.

How can this happen?

In the current NFL, shouldn't the Bengals change to a 3-4 defense like the Ravens.

Given our beyond pathetic ( unimaginable 16 years ago) record against the Steelers, there has to be deep and severe structural problems with our tactics.

Game after game after game the Bengals are out schemed and out coached.

Something drastic needs to be changed.

Ummm I hate to be the one that breaks this too you..

the titans are not the steelers...
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 01:40 PM)bengals67 Wrote: we don't own the Ravens

we have a winning record against them but they have their share of victories.

I wish we were 12-18 against the Steelers.

Mavins record vs the ravens is night and day than vs the steelers.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 01:46 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Ummm I hate to be the one that breaks this too you..

And the Bengals defense are not and have never been any where close to as good as the Ravens.

I don't get all the anonymous sarcasm by some people.

Very easy to attack or belittle someone when your name isn't disclosed.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 02:00 PM)bengals67 Wrote: And the Bengals defense are not and have never been any where close to as good as the Ravens.

I don't get all the anonymous sarcasm by some people.

Very easy to attack or belittle someone when your name isn't disclosed.

Yep.  The title is yours. 

And again, since you ignored it the first time around, we scored 34 on the Ravens.  The Steelers scored 14.   It happens that way sometimes.  Now, back to your flailing wildly and jumping all over the place.  You don't really have a valid point, other than whining.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
It was one game. The Ravens had 5 sacks going into yesterday I believe.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 02:15 PM)michaelsean Wrote: It was one game.  The Ravens had 5 sacks going into yesterday I believe.

Yes, but they are obviously way better than us, even though we beat them by 11.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 01:43 PM)bengals67 Wrote: If we had played press yesterday they would have won by 2 or 3 TDs

Press depends on getting pressure on the QB.

Ben would have really killed us yesterday if we had played man to man all over the field.

also- can someone who knows more then me explain why we have failed to cover TEs for 16 years???

Actually it is the reverse. Man press eliminates the quick passes to outlets, making the play take longer to develop which gives the pass rush more time to get home.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 02:12 PM)McC Wrote: Yep.  The title is yours. 

And again, since you ignored it the first time around, we scored 34 on the Ravens.  The Steelers scored 14.   It happens that way sometimes.  Now, back to your flailing wildly and jumping all over the place.  You don't really have a valid point, other than whining.

Is this Mike Brown talking to me?

No, probably not- because despite all his faults- which all of us have- he has some class and does not belittle people anonymously.

You are a very brave person- not.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 02:25 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Is this Mike Brown talking to me?

No, probably not- because despite all his faults- which all of us have- he has some class and does not belittle people anonymously.

You are a very brave person- not.

Want my address? And you still don't have a valid point.

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 01:46 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Ummm I hate to be the one that breaks this too you..

Exactly what I was thinking when I read the OP.

It'd be like me saying our offense is great because we scored 37 on the Falcons, but the Steelers only scored 21 on the Browns.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 02:24 PM)Joelist Wrote: Actually it is the reverse. Man press eliminates the quick passes to outlets, making the play take longer to develop which gives the pass rush more time to get home.

Kind of. The issue is stacking and motioning WR's takes away press. Pittsburgh runs a lot of stack, the last play was a motion into a stack, there was no way possible you can press the bottom of the stack. One step further, they will always get a clean release out of a stack meaning they can take inside position and be the hot read while the others are working over the top. While press has it's moments it doesn't always yield less time in the pocket and frankly yesterday Ben sat in the pocket for 5+ seconds at times so it likely would have resulted in more points against us.

Man, and press man, are not the magic bullets people want them to be. With our personnel it is actually a bigger issue because it isolates linebackers on backs and TE's with no help. We got to mix it up, but in the end the front four just have to get home, that's what they get paid to do. 
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 11:34 AM)bengals67 Wrote: We are talking about his record against the Steelers.

Or we could talk about his failure to win a single playoff game.

Or his record in prime time.

Having a winning record against Ravens does not excuse the predictable two or more losses per season record against the Steelers- for 16 years.

Sounds like you need a hug. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote