Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baltimore-Shittsburgh.
WhoDey2 Any body see that last play in the Baltimore-Shittsburgh game?? That was a blatant hit to the head of a defenseless receiver or at very least a DPI. The ball should've been either been put half the distance or at the 1. Baltimore should've had another shot to win that game.

But of course they weren't going to get that call--its Shittsburgh. The NFL will make sure that Shittsburgh goes 14-2 and wins the Superbowl because chances are real good Piggy is going to retire after the season...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 03:42 PM)JSR18 Wrote: WhoDey2  Any body see that last play in the Baltimore-Shittsburgh game?? That was a blatant hit to the head of a defenseless receiver or at very least a DPI. The ball should've been either been put half the distance or at the 1. Baltimore should've had another shot to win that game.

But of course they weren't going to get that call--its Shittsburgh. The NFL will make sure that Shittsburgh goes 14-2 and wins the Superbowl because chances are real good Piggy is going to retire after the season...

No. He was making a play on the ball. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 09:04 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No. He was making a play on the ball. 

WhoDey2 Had to be one or the other, he was almost helicoptered before the ball got there.

That's my opinion, you are certainly afforded yours...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
The refs aren't why we lost but they were bad. They also didn't stop the clock for an injured Steeler & couple plays earlier and it cost us 5-10 seconds on the clock.

My opinion on the last play... He was making a play on the ball so no PI for me. He may have got there a hair early but it was bang-bang. Snead clearly got hit in the head though, twice really. Refs swallowed their whistles on it. Bet if it happened earlier in the game it would've been called but you know end of games go. It's all good.

I was sitting in that end zone so I got a good view and then watched the replays at home. Would've been great to see one more play for the game. Had great seats, row 12.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2020, 11:18 AM)Bmore Birds Wrote: The refs aren't why we lost but they were bad. They also didn't stop the clock for an injured Steeler & couple plays earlier and it cost us 5-10 seconds on the clock.

My opinion on the last play... He was making a play on the ball so no PI for me. He may have got there a hair early but it was bang-bang. Snead clearly got hit in the head though, twice really. Refs swallowed their whistles on it. Bet if it happened earlier in the game it would've been called but you know end of games go. It's all good.

I was sitting in that end zone so I got a good view and then watched the replays at home. Would've been great to see one more play for the game. Had great seats, row 12.

If he is making a play for the ball, there is no H2H/defenseless receiver and no DPI. He has as much right to it as the receiver does. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2020, 04:01 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: If he is making a play for the ball, there is no H2H/defenseless receiver and no DPI. He has as much right to it as the receiver does. 

Really? Could've sworn I've seen h2H called while dudes were going for the ball. Maybe you're right though, I'm not a ref or anything, just thought H2H and player safety took priority over everything. You sure?

Edit: Just remembered Harbaugh being asked about it and he said he thought it was H2H
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2020, 04:42 PM)Bmore Birds Wrote: Really? Could've sworn I've seen h2H called while dudes were going for the ball. Maybe you're right though, I'm not a ref or anything, just thought H2H and player safety took priority over everything. You sure?

Edit: Just remembered Harbaugh being asked about it and he said he thought it was H2H

Two of these three hits drew a flag, the first and the third. The only difference between the first and third and the second was, he was going after the ball on the second one. 

As an aside, the first one shouldn't have because he never made contact with the head or neck and the third one, they were both flagged for lowering the head to make contact.

Reply/Quote