Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baltimore game is key to Playoff Run
With the events of Monday and the impact it would have to lose to Baltimore twice with a possible 3rd string QB home has many ramifications.

1. We lose chance of 2nd seed
2. We might not have a home game in playoffs and could have to play in Baltimore next week after just losing
3. The mental impact of Monday games then losing to a average at best Raven team might be difficult to overcome and get back to playing at SB level

For these reasons, I think this is a crucial game that we need captains of our team to get this team pumped up and focused and we need a full house with the same intensity that we had Monday nite..

Thoughts?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Honestly think the easiest way for this team to have a mental refocus and play with their trademark edge after the Bills game is to have them feel slighted going into this Ravens game.

Also feel that if we needed to go all out to win this game with Ravens resting some starters would give the Ravens some advantage if they return Lamar and starters for a next week playoff matchup. The fact that the division (in terms of home field playoff advantage) is on the line keeps them from “going vanilla” in week 18 and turning it on in the wild card matchup
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:56 PM)LebanonFan Wrote: Honestly think the easiest way for this team to have a mental refocus and play with their trademark edge after the Bills game is to have them feel slighted going into this Ravens game.  

Also feel that if we needed to go all out to win this game with Ravens resting some starters would give the Ravens some advantage if they return Lamar and starters for a next week playoff matchup.  The fact that the division (in terms of home field playoff advantage) is on the line keeps them from “going vanilla” in week 18 and turning it on in the wild card matchup

i know the Ravens will be bring their A game though without Lamar that is a D on offense but their defense has been improved in 2nd half of year.. so we need to bring our A game on offense
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 01:07 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: i know the Ravens will be bring their A game though without Lamar that is a D on offense but their defense has been improved in 2nd half of year.. so we need to bring our A game on offense

Oh for sure. I just was thinking if they had nothing on the line Sunday, they could rest some of their banged up defensive starters and have a bit of an edge when they return for a wild card rematch

Will definitely be interesting to see what kind of defensive game plan they will have. They looked susceptible to getting run on against Pittsburgh and Roquon Smith got washed out of a lot of plays (might have been a big result of no Calais Campbell)
Reply/Quote
As much as I hope this stupid proposal gets voted down today, I find it hard to believe we will lose this Sunday. Ravens defense is for real, but their offense - especially if they're going 3rd string at QB - is NOT going to do anything.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 01:12 PM)LebanonFan Wrote: Oh for sure.  I just was thinking if they had nothing on the line Sunday, they could rest some of their banged up defensive starters and have a bit of an edge when they return for a wild card rematch

Will definitely be interesting to see what kind of defensive game plan they will have.  They looked susceptible to getting run on against Pittsburgh and Roquon Smith got washed out of a lot of plays (might have been a big result of no Calais Campbell)

well they had seeding regardless, they want that 5th seed over 6th seed coming in... Smith pickup has been great for them though... this is a better defense than 1st half but we should be able to score 20 to 24 which would be enough i think 
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 01:15 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: well they had seeding regardless, they want that 5th seed over 6th seed coming in... Smith pickup has been great for them though... this is a better defense than 1st half but we should be able to score 20 to 24 which would be enough i think 

Our offense only needs to score 18 or more points for us to win. The Ravens haven't scored more than 17 points since Lamar went out with injury and that 17 came against the Falcons.
Reply/Quote
They need to come out and curb-stomp the Ravens this weekend. Then the coin flip doesn't even happen. Personally, I think this will motivate the team even more and I don't think anyone wants to face a pissed off Bengals team.
Reply/Quote
Problem with curb stomping Baltimore is that it opens the door to having a home playoff game against Pitt, NE, or LA.

I'd rather play @Bal then deal with any of those three at home.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 01:38 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Problem with curb stomping Baltimore is that it opens the door to having a home playoff game against Pitt, NE, or LA.

I mean... the logic is just thrown out the window on a comment like this.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Right. Wth. There’s no easy matchup in the playoffs. They gotta play us
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 01:38 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Problem with curb stomping Baltimore is that it opens the door to having a home playoff game against Pitt, NE, or LA.

LA is the only team I'd be worried about amongst those choices. 
Reply/Quote

Is there a single scenario where we can meet the Steelers in the playoffs, other than the AFCCG?

They can't finish higher than the #7. If they make it in, we don't meet them as it would mean Buffalo beat NE and finished at least #2.

We then can't play the Steelers in the Divisional, as the #1 would always play the #7. 

And even if this were to happen... I'd bloody love to play the Steelers at home in the AFCCG this year.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 01:50 PM)PhilHos Wrote: LA is the only team I'd be worried about amongst those choices. 

x2
Reply/Quote
Regards to the topic, I actually think this is the perfect game for us.

The Ravens don't score... 4 TD drives in their last 44 I think it is. It largely shouldn't matter how we start Sunday's game... we should have time to play our way into it. Definitely 'fortunate' in the sense we aren't playing an offensive powerhouse this weekend, who could run away with it early.

It's also a big game. Hated divisional rivals, playing (in-effect) for the division. Coming through this game with a W would be a big 'we've still got this' rebound. It wouldn't be like beating the 2 win Texans.

I'm not sure I'd pick any other opponent here if I could, I honestly think this game is the perfect tonic for us to get right back where we left off. That's not me saying it's easy, far from. But that what this game is likely to be, presents the ideal conditions for us to get right back to it.
Reply/Quote

Not me.. this is a different team if they get Lamar back next week, they are playing much better on defense, healthy in the backfield, we don;t want to face them in Baltimore with Lamar back... 
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 02:13 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Is there a single scenario where we can meet the Steelers in the playoffs, other than the AFCCG?

They can't finish higher than the #7. If they make it in, we don't meet them as it would mean Buffalo beat NE and finished at least #2.

We then can't play the Steelers in the Divisional, as the #1 would always play the #7. 

And even if this were to happen... I'd bloody love to play the Steelers at home in the AFCCG this year.

No.. if NE wins they are out.. if NE and Miami losses , Pittsburgh wins, they can get in and if we win , we would face them in 1st round
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 04:37 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Not me.. this is a different team if they get Lamar back next week, they are playing much better on defense, healthy in the backfield, we don;t want to face them in Baltimore with Lamar back... 

facing baltimore 2 weeks in a row is scary to me

Lamar doesnt scare me, and he should scare nobody. Playoff choker. One of the most overrated qb's in football. And a guy who has been quitting on his team for contract reasons
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 04:37 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Not me.. this is a different team if they get Lamar back next week, they are playing much better on defense, healthy in the backfield, we don;t want to face them in Baltimore with Lamar back... 

Lamar is complete trash. Then Bengals have had him figured out for 2 years now... I'll never understand why people think he is any good...
Reply/Quote
The Ravens are not a push over team. They have a top defense that keeps them in games and are physical up front on offense that keeps their offense on time.

Bengals will need to be great against the run especially on 1st down. On offense they will need to stay on schedule and convert in the redzone.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote