Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Baltimore is tanking
Look at their inactives. 3rd string QB Anthony Brown is starting

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 01:36 PM)pally Wrote: Look at their inactives. 3rd string QB Anthony Brown is starting

Looks like they’re trying to rest up for when it matters
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 01:36 PM)pally Wrote: Look at their inactives.  3rd string QB Anthony Brown is starting

Or are they being big brains and know that's our kryptonite? 

Honestly though I assume they know it's unlikely they'll win so why risk their best players and show anything on film. They're saving it all for the playoffs I assume.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 01:38 PM)TheFan Wrote: Or are they being big brains and know that's our kryptonite? 

Honestly though I assume they know it's unlikely they'll win so why risk their best players and show anything on film. They're saving it all for the playoffs I assume.

Yep.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 01:38 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Looks like they’re trying to rest up for when it matters

Yep. And rightly so. 

I always felt this was likely after they lost to Pitt. It sucks now that we likely get them again unless the Pats win. And do not control our destiny for #2. 

Does Tua have a shot to be back next week? 
Reply/Quote
Wow. We need to run up the score in the 1st half, then rest starters as soon as possible.
Reply/Quote
I doubt we'll even see Lamar in the playoffs now. If he is self aware of how badly he's played in the playoffs, and has missed 16 practices in a row, he's hardly going to wany to go out there and suck while trying to move to another team. ⁸
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 01:43 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Yep. And rightly so. 

I always felt this was likely after they lost to Pitt. It sucks now that we likely get them again unless the Pats win. And do not control our destiny for #2. 

Not only are they gonna rest up, they’re also not gonna show their cards when it comes to their playbook
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 01:50 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Not only are they gonna rest up, they’re also not gonna show their cards when it comes to their playbook

I doubt their playbook contains any great surprises at this point in the season against a division opponent

Reply/Quote
SB isn't played at home, so it shouldn't matter if the playoffs are either. That's why being healthy and on the same page for the tournament is more important than where the games are played. Just look at our journey last year. I'd like to see some of our walking wounded taking a seat as well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The fact that they feel the need to rest Huntley tells me Lamar ain’t playing next week.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 01:44 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I doubt we'll even see Lamar in the playoffs now. If he is self aware of how badly he's played in the playoffs, and has missed 16 practices in a row, he's hardly going to wany to go out there and suck while trying to move to another team. ⁸

Which is better going into FA?  Coming back from injury and laying an egg, or not returning from injury?
Reply/Quote
Lobby for a coin flip, force the Bengals to play starters, and rest your own.

I thirst for purple blood. **** them.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 01:36 PM)pally Wrote: Look at their inactives.  3rd string QB Anthony Brown is starting

If we didn't have the #2 sees in play, I don't think you would see our regular starters playing. As it is, they might not play much, if we can get a comfy lead.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 01:54 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: The fact that they feel the need to rest Huntley tells me Lamar ain’t playing next week.

Hopefully that's the case. But I believe Huntley is dealing with a legitimate injury. 
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 02:02 PM)sandwedge Wrote: If we didn't have the #2 sees in play, I don't think you would see our regular starters playing. As it is, they might not play much, if we can get a comfy lead.

Well you have the coin toss issue as well, so they are going to play until they get a comfortable lead then likely rest their players.
Reply/Quote
Our inactives:

Browning (QB, PS), Evans (RB), Asiasi (TE), Smith (OT), Gunter (DE), Davis (CB).

Carman is active ahead if Smith despite us having only 2 listed OTs active.

George is active ahead of Davis. We must be more worried about iutside corner depth with Apple iffy and OK with Hill in the slot if Hilton gets knicked (knock on wood).

Rolling with inly 2 TEs is also interesting. Not a ringing Asiasi endorsement.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 02:09 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Our inactives:

Browning (QB, PS), Evans (RB), Asiasi (TE), Smith (OT), Gunter (DE), Davis (CB).

Carman is active ahead if Smith despite us having only 2 listed OTs active.

George is active ahead of Davis. We must be more worried about iutside corner depth with Apple iffy and OK with Hill in the slot if Hilton gets knicked (knock on wood).

Rolling with inly 2 TEs is also interesting. Not a ringing Asiasi endorsement.

it is also giving Jalen Davis another week to recover from his surgically repaired broken thumb

Reply/Quote

No surprise at Huntley or 3 others but Dobbins and andrews yes
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 01:51 PM)pally Wrote: I doubt their playbook contains any great surprises at this point in the season against a division opponent

Eh, I mean, the titans were in control of that game against a better Jaguars team. And they were playing Josh Dobbs. Divisional games are always a little scary
Reply/Quote