Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Baltimore is tanking
(01-08-2023, 01:52 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: SB isn't played at home, so it shouldn't matter if the playoffs are either.  That's why being healthy and on the same page for the tournament is more important than where the games are played.  Just look at our journey last year.  I'd like to see some of our walking wounded taking a seat as well.

Except it does. Since 1990, 61% of the teams in the SB had home field advantage throughout the entire playoffs. 79% of the teams to reach the SB since 1990 were #1 or #2 seeds.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 01:50 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Not only are they gonna rest up, they’re also not gonna show their cards when it comes to their playbook

Absolutely.  Though we are pretty familiar with each other. And already played once. I'd expect us to be pretty vanilla as well. But the onus is on us to win it. 

But I would not expect any Snow Globes from either team. 
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 02:13 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Eh, I mean, the titans were in control of that game against a better Jaguars team. And they were playing Josh Dobbs. Divisional games are always a little scary

Except the Titans played Dobbs because they genuinely thought that he was the better choice over Malik Willis who has been majorly struggling.  They thought Dobbs would give them the better chance to win 

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I dunno now after watching the pre-game shows. They are spending a lot of time talking about this coin flip, evwn showing where it will take place at Paycor. It's almost like it's a foregone conclusion it will occur. If it does, the Bengals should refuse to be there and take part in the charade.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 02:20 PM)pally Wrote: Except the Titans played Dobbs because they genuinely thought that he was the better choice over Malik Willis who has been majorly struggling.  They thought Dobbs would give them the better chance to win 

True, but Josh Dobbs is still Josh Dobbs
Reply/Quote
I'm not particularly opposed to seeing the Ratbird backups made to look incapable of playing in the NFL.. A 60-3 score won't hurt my feelings one bit. Make em hurt while they're at it so their backups don't have backups..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Dobbs and Andrews point to them getting ready for the playoffs. I wouldn’t call it tanking though.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 02:18 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Except it does. Since 1990, 61% of the teams in the SB had home field advantage throughout the entire playoffs. 79% of the teams to reach the SB since 1990 were #1 or #2 seeds.

Because leagues the best teams get those seeds, not because they were allowed to play at home.  How do teams get the top seeds?  Win on the road, not just at home.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 02:09 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Our inactives:

Browning (QB, PS), Evans (RB), Asiasi (TE), Smith (OT), Gunter (DE), Davis (CB).

Carman is active ahead if Smith despite us having only 2 listed OTs active.

George is active ahead of Davis. We must be more worried about iutside corner depth with Apple iffy and OK with Hill in the slot if Hilton gets knicked (knock on wood).

Rolling with inly 2 TEs is also interesting. Not a ringing Asiasi endorsement.

No way do I want to see Carman in the game at the same time as Burrow!
Reply/Quote
Anthony Brown can't throw. In warm-ups, vs Steelers they had other people throwing as he's so inaccurate.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 02:22 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I dunno now after watching the pre-game shows. They are spending a lot of time talking about this coin flip, evwn showing where it will take place at Paycor. It's almost like it's a foregone conclusion it will occur. If it does, the Bengals should refuse to be there and take part in the charade.

There is zero reason to watch pregame shows. 1:00 is when the TV goes on here.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote