Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baltimore will be interesting
http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/23/us/freddie-gray-trial-officer-edward-nero/index.html?adkey=bn
People suck
It won't be that bad. I doubt few are even following this outside of really invested protestors or activists. Anyone who would cause civil unrest isn't.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-23-2016, 03:06 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: It won't be that bad. I doubt few are even following this outside of really invested protestors or activists. Anyone who would cause civil unrest isn't.

With social media you can quickly go from a few people following it to a lot of young impressionable people who feel like they are a part of something by showing up and being seen. One retweet from a celebrity and all hell could break loose. I wouldn't be quick to dismiss the possibility of some issues.
The local social media chatter has been pretty quiet.

I will give a ton of credit to the Freddy Gray family if the are of the same opinion as the public statement their lawyer made.

i may be totally off base as both happened quite a while back. But the me a big difference between this and the Michael Brown case is the attitude of the parents. Seem I remember MB's parents at the forefront and FG's parent seem to be more in the background. Of course as I have said: I may be totally wrong.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

I've been pleasantly surprised today. All protests have been peaceful and most people seem to be accepting the verdict. This is why I'm on the side of "wait and see until the facts come out".
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
(05-23-2016, 09:07 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: I've been pleasantly surprised today. All protests have been peaceful and most people seem to be accepting the verdict. This is why I'm on the side of "wait and see until the facts come out".

But isn't this one of the officers furthest removed from the events?  Thought I read he had no role in the arrest or putting him in the paddy wagon.

See what happens when we get to the arresting officer and the driver of the wagon.  But hopefully things will continue to be civil.  Although not much happened after the first trial, and that was the officer who failed to secure him and also refused requested medical attention....that guy figured to be one of the most likely to suffer some consequences.
--------------------------------------------------------

(05-23-2016, 09:26 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: But isn't this one of the officers furthest removed from the events?  Thought I read he had no role in the arrest or putting him in the paddy wagon.

See what happens when we get to the arresting officer and the driver of the wagon.  But hopefully things will continue to be civil.  Although not much happened after the first trial, and that was the officer who failed to secure him and also refused requested medical attention....that guy figured to be one of the most likely to suffer some consequences.

True, and agreed.  There could definitely be some unrest coming up depending on the outcomes, but the peacefulness after the past 2 rulings have given me some ray of hope. We'll see how long that lasts.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
(05-23-2016, 09:26 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: But isn't this one of the officers furthest removed from the events?  Thought I read he had no role in the arrest or putting him in the paddy wagon.

Prepare yourself for more of the same.  Mosby overcharged like crazy in every single instance.  The judge in the current case literally called the prosecution out on this throughout this trial.  The depraved heart murder charge is the most blatant piece of sloppy, attempting to appease the masses, overcharge I have ever seen.  This woman dug her own grave.
(05-23-2016, 10:37 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Prepare yourself for more of the same.  Mosby overcharged like crazy in every single instance.  The judge in the current case literally called the prosecution out on this throughout this trial.  The depraved heart murder charge is the most blatant piece of sloppy, attempting to appease the masses, overcharge I have ever seen.  This woman dug her own grave.

My friends and I were discussing this. People go "this shows the justice system is broken!". 

It does, but not for the reason they're saying. It shows how screwed up it is that these prosecutors reach for these charges to appease the yells of those less knowledgeable in the law or for their own political gains. 

It's like Zimmerman. They lost when they charged him with murder.

(05-23-2016, 11:27 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: My friends and I were discussing this. People go "this shows the justice system is broken!". 

It does, but not for the reason they're saying. It shows how screwed up it is that these prosecutors reach for these charges to appease the yells of those less knowledgeable in the law or for their own political gains. 

It's like Zimmerman. They lost when they charged him with murder.

100% correct, the only exception would be that the justice system isn't broken, it's only as flawed as the humans involved in it.  Mosby is more concerned with politics and appeasing a mob than doing the job she swore to do.  She's merely the latest example of moral cowardice from people in a position of authority.  I've literally gotten into bitter arguments with DA's or other authorities for refusing to go along with something I believed was morally wrong.  For many of these people their job is their life, it consumes them.  For me, my job pays for my life hence I don't have this issue.