Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Band I don't like that other people do
Foreigner--Want me dead? Lock me in a room with a loaded pistol and "Cold As Ice" on a loop.

Journey--Foreigner makes me wanna kill myself. Journey makes me wanna kill somebody else.

Rush--Where the hell is the beat?

The Who--I seem to be the only person I know who doesn't like them but it is what it is. Four guys trying to out loud each other.

Who are yours?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Not a big Kiss fan.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Not a gnr fan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2017, 02:41 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Not a gnr fan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me neither.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
Pearl Jam kind of sucks IMO
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Nirvana
Pearl Jam
Rush
Journey
Not really much of a Beatles fan outside of a few songs

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
KISS
GnR
Rush
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
I know ya said band but F it !!

Neil Young.

I can't stand that dudes old lady flat voice.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Springsteen.....terrible.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2017, 07:24 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I know ya said band but F it !!

Neil Young.

what about his guitar work?  :andy:
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote

Neil Young.

Yeah, probably should have said act or performer.  I'm a big Neil Young fan cuz he was a part of my youth but I definitely get where you're coming from.

Reply/Quote
(04-10-2017, 02:31 PM)McC Wrote: Foreigner--Want me dead?  Lock me in a room with a loaded pistol and "Cold As Ice" on a loop.

Journey--Foreigner makes me wanna kill myself.  Journey makes me wanna kill somebody else.

Rush--Where the hell is the beat?

The Who--I seem to be the only person I know who doesn't like them but it is what it is.  Four guys trying to out loud each other.

Who are yours?

I like Foreigner, 'meh' on Journey, second your motion on Rush.  Do not understand the fascination with them.

Speaking of irritating: Beastie Boys.  All noise, no talent.

“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2017, 08:30 PM)Beaker Wrote: Springsteen.....terrible.

Oh yes. I would rather hear a blue haired old lady with vibrato like a sheep sing in church.
Reply/Quote
The Rolling Stones. Middle school garage bands have more talent.

Lady Antebellum. As if country music wasn't sufficiently depressing.

John Cougar Mellencamp. Like Springsteen, Hoosier version.

Green Day and Nickelback. A good ear, nose, and throat doctor can clear up whatever they have that's making their voices so scratchy.

Steely Dan. Words cannot be found to describe the horror.

Lynyrd Skynyrd. Be country. Be rock. Pick a genre.

The Eagles. See Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Guns 'n Roses. I've heard more melodic chain saws.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2017, 08:56 PM)magikod Wrote: what about his guitar work?  :andy:

I have played some of his songs before in bands... and yes, it's pretty good.

It's his voice that is and always will be rotten to me.

Like the OP said.  Lots of other people like him.  I do not.

Journey has some very talented musicians in it and so does Rush...  but I can understand if people don't like the vocals or style of music they play.

GNR's vocals are like nails on a chalkboard to some. Yet I think Appetite for Destruction's guitar work was very solid.

This thread is about your own opinion and taste so there really is no wrong answer.

It's just curious to see what people's responses are. LOL 
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Led Zepplin never did much for me, outside of Stairway to Heaven.

I used to not like Nirvana, but I have come to appreciate them better over time.

I like KISS's hype and showmanship, but not their music. They are entertaining to watch. Same with Ted Nugent.

Neil Young never did much for me. "I hope Neil Young will remember...."

I like Rush and Steely Dan, but I have to acknowledge that they are an acquired taste. It's not for everyone.

I don't like repetitive music much, music that just drones on but never seems to move in a direction or have a climax. That's not music to me. I'd even rather have the "formula"-type rock music of the 80's big hair bands than that.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2017, 02:37 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Not a big Kiss fan.

I HATE K.I.S.S.

the more I hear them the more I dislike.   I also dislike the formula they used...   1 line of lyrics repeated 1000 times a song is not a song

no elvis.....

Dislike most of the beatles work till their later years (white album was good)

The ramones

Almost all the punk rock bands.
Reply/Quote

Neil Young.

(04-11-2017, 08:05 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: Led Zepplin never did much for me, outside of Stairway to Heaven.

I used to not like Nirvana, but I have come to appreciate them better over time.

I like KISS's hype and showmanship, but not their music. They are entertaining to watch. Same with Ted Nugent.

Neil Young never did much for me. "I hope Neil Young will remember...."

I like Rush and Steely Dan, but I have to acknowledge that they are an acquired taste. It's not for everyone.

I don't like repetitive music much, music that just drones on but never seems to move in a direction or have a climax. That's not music to me. I'd even rather have the "formula"-type rock music of the 80's big hair bands than that.

Yeah.....put me down for Neil Young as well.....never got the fascination.....Dylan either, for that matter.  If I want songwriting prowess.....I'll have a listen to John Prine.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Rob Thomas hands down. I just don't get why he's still kicking around with any semblance of a career.

Always despised Foreigner, too.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2017, 10:27 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah.....put me down for Neil Young as well.....never got the fascination.....Dylan either, for that matter.  If I want songwriting prowess.....I'll have a listen to John Prine.

It's hard to imagine someone liking John Prine but not Dylan.  The have so many similarities.

Reply/Quote