Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Band I don't like that other people do
I'll never get how someone intentionally listens to The Cars. I like a few songs by the Doors, but it's mostly repetitive and monotonous. That f-ing instrument that never shuts up in Light MY Fire makes me want to light myself on fire. Don't like The Grateful Dead or Jimmy Buffett. I actually like Dylan more now than I ever have. Steely Dan must own part of XM because they are on constantly. Fleetwood Mac I can take or leave. John Cougar Cougar Mellencamp John blows.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2017, 12:31 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I've been meaning to get more into Rage but haven't yet I'll have to start with their first then. I know and like all of their radio stuff (Sleep Now In The Fire. Doesn't get any better than that.) and the sound Morello makes with his guitar are unreal. I don't care what band he's playing for I'd pay to watch him jam.

When Audioslave was started I was ecstatic to hear Cornell and basically Rage mesh together. Their first album is probably one of my favorite albums of all time and easily the best Audioslave album. The other 2 really took a nosedive imo and sounded less like the guys from Rage.

Well I guess we're even then as far as GnR because I''m a fan on The Offspring. Smirk

Oh no!  Offspring too?!?!?!?! Have you no shame man? Hilarious Smirk

Yeah man, the first Rage album is an instant classic, IMO.  Evil Empire is good as well.  The Battle of Los Angeles is good....but as the albums progress, there are more and more duds.  That's not to say they suck, because they have their high points and good songs as well, but duplicating the flow of the first would be hard for any band to muster.

(04-16-2017, 12:46 AM)samhain Wrote: I'm a big Soundgarden fan.  They were my first arena show.  Saw them at Hara Arena in 94, the same month that Superunknown came out.  I'll never forget them opening with Jesus Christ Pose.  It was nuts.  Seen them twice since.  Also seen Rage twice, once in 96 with Wu-Tang in Indy and once in 2008.  The 08 show was really intense and it was probably the least safe crowd I've ever been in for a show.  They were taking people out in ambulances after they initial push toward the stage when they came out.  People were knocking down the perimeter chain-link fence and coming in off the street.  Really poor security for such a large show.  They band killed it.  They played Freedom for the encore.

Wow, that's scary man!  Would love to have seen either one of them, Rage especially.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Everybody not named the Clash, Prince, Johnny Cash, Slayer, or Stevie Wonder kinda suck, and wish they were one of those acts.... Every last one of them.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2017, 02:06 PM)jason Wrote: Everybody not named the Clash, Prince, Johnny Cash, Slayer, or Stevie Wonder kinda suck, and wish they were one of those acts.... Every last one of them.

would only listen to 2 of those
Reply/Quote