Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Barely hanging on.
Ok so before I ask my question I'm just curious if any of you have been feeling the same way. Not only with the Bengals but the NFL in general. This is my first post in a while cause this team was getting the best of me. I took a step back but still couldn't bring myself to not watch a game (haven't missed a game since the early 90's) now I just watch much like I did in the 90's with no expectations whatsoever, I don't even throw things anymore, still a lot of cursing though. My question is, are some of you hanging on for fear of losing all interest in the NFL? I mean combine the Bengals with the way the rules are in the game today and i can see how walking away would be tempting. The last baseball game I attended was before the strike, I got upset about the strike and lost all interest. So Is the fear of losing all interest in a sport you love the reason you keep watching this train wreck?

Ok now, does anyone think Brandon Wilson will get some shots at KR's today. Thanks.
Reply/Quote
I'm right there with ya

I'm doing my best to hang on hoping MB finally comes to his senses (very long shot I know) and major changes take place this off season.

I can't get on board for another season of the same old same old.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yep. I’m going to miss the game today because I’ll be traveling. You know what? I don’t care one bit.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 10:49 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm right there with ya

I'm doing my best to hang on hoping MB finally comes to his senses (very long shot I know) and major changes take place this off season.

I can't get on board for another season of the same old same old.

Yes, at least if Mike were to retire, we could all have our hopes elevated by the idea that real change could actually happen.  

As much as we have heard (read) over the years;  about how Mike Brown has relinquished hands on control of various aspects of running the team to others, we have to remember that those that he delegated the "control" to were hand picked and groomed to ensure that they would be conducting business his way.  So as long as Mike still holds the title of President and General Manager of the Bengals, even if in only an "honorary" capacity, things will remain as they currently are.

Now, we can only hope that when ownership is officially transferred to Katie, Troy and the gang, that they have been withholding a different vision of how the franchise should be managed.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 10:38 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Ok so before I ask my question I'm just curious if any of you have been feeling the same way. Not only with the Bengals but the NFL in general. This is my first post in a while cause this team was getting the best of me. I took a step back but still couldn't bring myself to not watch a game (haven't missed a game since the early 90's) now I just watch much like I did in the 90's with no expectations whatsoever, I don't even throw things anymore, still a lot of cursing though. My question is, are some of you hanging on for fear of losing all interest in the NFL? I mean combine the Bengals with the way the rules are in the game today and i can see how walking away would be tempting. The last baseball game I attended was before the strike, I got upset about the strike and lost all interest. So Is the fear of losing all interest in a sport you love the reason you keep watching this train wreck?

Ok now, does anyone think Brandon Wilson will get some shots at KR's today. Thanks.

I share your feelings and the NFL in general. I got rid of the ticket where I was able to DVR 8 and 4 games at a time. I then watched them. Now, I watch the Bengals numbly. I don't watch anything live now except the Bengals. The good thing is there are so many other things in life to enjoy and hard to enjoy Bengal football. I am huge college BB fan and UC fan so it helps that UC basketball has been good the last few years.

As for the future, I have already decided to get rid of my 3 season tickets located in the club section. If anyone has an interest I own 3 seat licenses and will give them to a Bengals fan for free. It is frustrating and I made the decision to no longer plan my life around Bengals home football games and same lots of money in the process.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 11:04 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, at least if Mike were to retire, we could all have our hopes elevated by the idea that real change could actually happen.  

As much as we have heard (read) over the years;  about how Mike Brown has relinquished hands on control of various aspects of running the team to others, we have to remember that those that he delegated the "control" to were hand picked and groomed to ensure that they would be conducting business his way.  So as long as Mike still holds the title of President and General Manager of the Bengals, even if in only an "honorary" capacity, things will remain as they currently are.

Now, we can only hope that when ownership is officially transferred to Katie, Troy and the gang, that they have been withholding a different vision of how the franchise should be managed.

Him retiring would be excellent ! I just don't think he'll do it. 

As many others have said Katie and the crew may not be much better ? But at least there would be a sliver of hope that things would improve.
Reply/Quote
I'm still watching for the most part & posting here but I'm pretty much indifferent to it. If that makes sense. This team will have to make BIG changes in the offseason to ever reel me back in. Seems like I've wrote that before somewhere....
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 10:38 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Ok so before I ask my question I'm just curious if any of you have been feeling the same way. Not only with the Bengals but the NFL in general. This is my first post in a while cause this team was getting the best of me. I took a step back but still couldn't bring myself to not watch a game (haven't missed a game since the early 90's) now I just watch much like I did in the 90's with no expectations whatsoever, I don't even throw things anymore, still a lot of cursing though. My question is, are some of you hanging on for fear of losing all interest in the NFL? I mean combine the Bengals with the way the rules are in the game today and i can see how walking away would be tempting. The last baseball game I attended was before the strike, I got upset about the strike and lost all interest. So Is the fear of losing all interest in a sport you love the reason you keep watching this train wreck?

Already lost interest. The foolishness got to be too much from A to Z!! Promised the wife and son, I will watch the SB ONLY if the Eagles make it.
Reply/Quote
As a former STH for 12 years the only thing that would bring me back, would be MB's total retirement AND whoever steps into his shoes actually hiring a front office! That means an actual GM that is given FULL control to run the franchise! Hiring the new coaching staff, hiring an actual scouting staff with head of scouting. A new medical staff. Sweeping out anyone they want from day to day operations and install a complete change in CULTURE!

I don't hold out much hope for any/all of this happening and so i'll be left apathetic towards the team. I'm curious to see if MB continues on if the franchise will just "put lipstick on a pig" and carry on regardless of fan feedback. It's highly possible unfortunately!
Reply/Quote
Don't worry. They will fix the o line eventually and lose in epic fashion again in the playoffs soon enough. Just keep holding
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 10:49 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm right there with ya

I'm doing my best to hang on 

Yep.  Drunk

[Image: tenor.gif]

Reply/Quote
I cut my Sunday Ticket several weeks ago, so I cannot watch the Bengals anymore. Daughter is home from college and is upset we don’t get the game today. She gets them at college each week.

Been a fan since the 70s living in Indiana. Told my family at dinner last night, no way do I get the Sunday Ticket back unless major moves are made. Hell my wife and daughter were pissed lol! I just can’t take watching that crap and giving them money.
Reply/Quote
U haven't lost interest, and am watching every week just like normal. Only difference is, now I am hoping for losses to ensure we have a new coach next year. I'm afraid every win might bring reason in MB's mind to extend Lewis one more time....
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 01:44 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Him retiring would be excellent ! I just don't think he'll do it. 

As many others have said Katie and the crew may not be much better ? But at least there would be a sliver of hope that things would improve.

Exactly, they have been preparing for the day that Mike passes the torch for what, about 10 years now?  One would have to think that those well educated folks would have to realize that the way things have been going haven't exactly produced a championship caliber team, since Paul Brown was still around.

(11-19-2017, 02:17 PM)count35 Wrote: As a former STH for 12 years the only thing that would bring me back, would be MB's total retirement AND whoever steps into his shoes actually hiring a front office! That means an actual GM that is given FULL control to run the franchise! Hiring the new coaching staff, hiring an actual scouting staff with head of scouting. A new medical staff. Sweeping out anyone they want from day to day operations and install a complete change in CULTURE!

I don't hold out much hope for any/all of this happening and so i'll be left apathetic towards the team. I'm curious to see if MB continues on if the franchise will just "put lipstick on a pig" and carry on regardless of fan feedback. It's highly possible unfortunately!

You are far from being alone in that sentiment.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Nah, still watching and listening to the radio shows. Will be there next Sunday. I'm not letting that old fool rob me of my fandom. If nothing else I will outlast the bastard.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote