Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Barnwell ranks Bengals offensive weapons #16
I thought Barnwell wasn't going to take the offensive line and injuries into account of his rankings. Oh well, I think the Bengals will be ranked in top 10 with another year under lazor, new O-Line coach, and having Glenn/Price/Westerman or Redmond.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2018, 11:42 AM)Millhouse Wrote: Will Bengals have any really really good position groups heading into the season, like very near or in the top 5?

O-line, nope
D-line, maybe eventually but doubtful
LBs, nope
WRS, TEs - nope
RBs - possibly
DBs - nope
QB - nope
STDs - nope

Dude every one of those position groups were upgraded this Offseason, every one.

O-line - Cordy Glenn, Billy Price over Ogbuehi and Bodine.

D-line - Added Sam Hubbard and Andrew Billings might actually come into his own this year as might Willis. Lawson is a stud.

LB's - Added an extremely talented LB in Malik Jefferson and both Jordan Evans and Nick Vigil are young.

WR, TE's - AJ Green, John Ross, Josh Malone, Tyler Boyd, Auden Tate, Brandon Lafell is more then solid, Eifert healthy-good.

RB's - Could be the best duo in the NFL.

DB's - Will Jax might be the next Revis, added Jessie Bates III who is like another Reggie Nelson player.

QB's - If the Line gives Dalton time he will show he can be an MVP candidate again. Driskel and Barkley are better than AJM.

ST's - Should be better this year with Brandon Wilson and Mark Walton contributing. See if Phillips can bring his spark.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2018, 03:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Dude every one of those position groups were upgraded this Offseason, every one.

D-line - Added Sam Hubbard and Andrew Billings might actually come into his own this year as might Willis. Lawson is a stud.

LB's - Added an extremely talented LB in Malik Jefferson and both Jordan Evans and Nick Vigil are young.

WR, TE's - AJ Green, John Ross, Josh Malone, Tyler Boyd, Auden Tate, Brandon Lafell is more then solid, Eifert healthy-good.

DB's - Will Jax might be the next Revis, added Jessie Bates III who is like another Reggie Nelson player.

QB's - If the Line gives Dalton time he will show he can be an MVP candidate again. Driskel and Barkley are better than AJM.

ST's - Should be better this year with Brandon Wilson and Mark Walton contributing. See if Phillips can bring his spark.

You forgot about Preston Brown at LB, reigning league tackles champ.
Reply/Quote
I find it downright hilarious that Clevelands skill guys are ranked better than the Bengals.

Give me a break.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2018, 03:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Dude every one of those position groups were upgraded this Offseason, every one.

You are counting on a lot of rookies and guys that havent proven anything coming in and being "upgrades". 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2018, 05:15 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: QB - Palmer
WR - Johnson
WR - Whosyourmomma
WR - Henry
RB - Johnson
FB - Jeremi Johnson
TE - Reggie Kelly

That 2005 Offense was really good...I would say terrifying.

fixed it.

Most Recently 2015  
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2018, 04:38 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: You forgot about Preston Brown at LB, reigning league tackles champ.

Yes i did, thank you Yo, how could i forget that guy? Shocked

(07-13-2018, 05:29 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: You are counting on a lot of rookies and guys that havent proven anything coming in and being "upgrades". 

Cordy Glenn is not a rookie, he is a proven elite NFL LT.

Preston Brown is not a rookie, as Yo here says he is the reigning league tackles Champ.

Billy Price will be an upgrade over Jethro Bovine, do you disagree?

Sam Hubbard is in the rotation and has already been hailed for his pass rush and versatility. You think MJ can stand up and cover Weezy? Hubbard was an All State Safety in High School. Dude can rush the passer stop the run and drop in coverage.

You can argue that Ogbuehi, Minter, Bodine and MJ are better then Glenn, Preston, Price and Hubbard if you want Weezy my friend... but i think it is a bad argument instilled in pessimism. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2018, 03:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Dude every one of those position groups were upgraded this Offseason, every one.

But are any of those top tier right now? The answer is no until proven otherwise.

And saying Barkley is better than AJM makes everything else you said questionable. LOL
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Every year every team in the league tries to get better by adding players through the draft, free agency and sometimes trades. Some teams also get improvements from injured players returning healthy.

But every year many teams also lose key players through free agency or retirement. And teams with a lot of older players will see declines instead of improvements.

I am not ready to count Eifert as an improvement yet, but I really believe Ross will add a lot to our team. And we have not lost any key players through free agency or retirement. Michael Johnson seems to be the only player that is declining due to age.

So, while every team has tried to make improvements I believe the Bengals are in better shape because we don't have an old roster, we did not lose any key free agents, and e have a top ten draft pick who contributed nothing last year returning healthy this season.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2018, 08:01 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The real bummer here is, no Burfict, for those two road games against the Panthers and Falcons.  I think they will be running the ball until we stop it and I don't know if our LB corps will be up to the task without him.  

if that's the case, they both run the ball well then we'll have to win in a shoot-out....
34-30...?????
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2018, 05:26 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I find it downright hilarious that Clevelands skill guys are ranked better than the Bengals.

Give me a break.

That is pretty damn weak.  Who the hell are they basing that on?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
I'll give the definitive ranking for the Bengals . Somewhere between first and thirty second and nobody can prove me wrong unless the league expands to at least 33 teams ..  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I've felt for a while that our weapons on offense are excellent. The the last few years has been a combination of bad o-line play, bad scheme, and injuries. We've also suffered from poor QB play; was that due to the aforementioned reasons....time will tell.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2018, 07:41 PM)Millhouse Wrote: But are any of those top tier right now? The answer is no until proven otherwise.

And saying Barkley is better than AJM makes everything else you said questionable. LOL

Millhouse? Did you watch AJM last Offseason, dude was turrrrrible. Mellow

Barkley has had a rough time in the NFL no doubt but he has had some bad breaks.

Driskel was way better than AJM last year, way better, with a quicker release and he can run like a Sumbitch.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2018, 12:37 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: I've felt for a while that our weapons on offense are excellent. The the last few years has been a combination of bad o-line play, bad scheme, and injuries. We've also suffered from poor QB play; was that due to the aforementioned reasons....time will tell.

Agreed.
Reply/Quote
We all agree the weapons are here............what we have been missing is the dominant OL to let those weapons have time to set plays up and execute the offense the way they run it in practice

Billy Price is going to transform our OL.......ive watched every game this stud played for the Buckeyes

The Jethro Bodine plays are gone..........Andy will have a clean pocket w throwing lanes.........Mixon and Gio will have a bulldozer in front of them

Lazor will be able to call plays that take a little time to develop.........let AJ, Ross, Boyd and LaFell run their trees

add in a healthy Cordy Glenn and we struck Gold
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2018, 05:45 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: fixed it.

Most Recently 2015  

And soon to be 2018 if...

A lot of if's and if those if's become reality, this O will be terrifying!
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2018, 09:14 PM)CincyKid Wrote: We all agree the weapons are here............what we have been missing is the dominant OL to let those weapons have time to set plays up and execute the offense the way they run it in practice

Billy Price is going to transform our OL.......ive watched every game this stud played for the Buckeyes

The Jethro Bodine plays are gone..........Andy will have a clean pocket w throwing lanes.........Mixon and Gio will have a bulldozer in front of them

Lazor will be able to call plays that take a little time to develop.........let AJ, Ross, Boyd and LaFell run their trees

I agree with these points.  I would also add that Auden Tate could be the steal of our draft.  He needs to make the team, IMO.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2018, 09:14 PM)CincyKid Wrote: We all agree the weapons are here............what we have been missing is the dominant OL to let those weapons have time to set plays up and execute the offense the way they run it in practice

Nice post CincyKid, these two guys are enormous upgrades and you are right we have the skill players already here.

Just needed a better O-line so Dalton has time and our RB's holes to run through.
Reply/Quote