Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Barnwell ranks Bengals offensive weapons #16
(07-11-2018, 07:23 PM)Steve Wrote: sounds like 12-4
& the AFC North title....
????

Some might disagree but I’m onboard with this prediction. The first 2 losses would more than likely come early while the team is synchronizing. It’s going to be exciting to watch a new playbook and a new team philosophy gel together.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2018, 03:25 PM)Gohards Wrote: When AB goes across the middle and looks up and sees Burfict

You might want to add Dudu SH*T Shooter to that list.  I hope Vontaze "legally terrorizes" that lil punk this year.
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2018, 08:03 AM)Air Force 1 Wrote: You might want to add Dudu SH*T Shooter to that list.  I hope Vontaze "legally terrorizes" that lil punk this year.

A Steeler sweep is already in the making.

Reply/Quote
(07-12-2018, 08:06 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: A Steeler sweep is already in the making.

Make it a trifecta and terrorize glass knees Bell.

EDIT: I'm not saying that I want him to be injured, just keep him from beating us.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2018, 02:37 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: ESPN's Bill Barnwell ranks the Bengals offensive arsenal as middle of the pack, putting them at #16:

16. Cincinnati Bengals

If the Bengals could ever get all of their weapons on the field at the same time and protect Andy Dalton, they would be absolutely terrifying. Imagine a receiving corps with A.J. GreenTyler EifertTyler Boyd and 2017 ninth overall pick John Ross as the primary targets, and the duo of Gio Bernardand Joe Mixon working out of the backfield. Injuries limited several of those weapons in 2017, with Eifert and Ross combining for just five touches all season. Green's impact was dulled by an offensive line that didn't give Dalton enough time to find his star wideout. Investments in the line should help this group play up in 2018, although Eifert and Ross will perennially be question marks, given the injury histories.

I could predict the bengals go 10-6..............or 6-10.   Basically we'll  MAYBe get clues in pre-season.     Eifort and Rossd, were #1 picks and COULD be Stars.    Ced O and Fisher (and Price) were all high pick O-Line.   We have a new O Line Coach and a semi new OC
W Jackson looked great at CB. Will Dennard step up? Will Bates be a regular?

D Line.... Geno and Dunlap are solid .. Johnson may play more at DT than DE.  With Lawson, Hubbard,Willis we SGHOULD have some quick pass rush.
Pac Man is gone but I like Erickson.He's our returner with experience. He's a WR who can find the open spot and make the catch.  We may have so many  WR's he's not used much.

Big key is how the O Line is.   That limited the offense last year.
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2018, 05:15 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: QB - Palmer
WR - Johnson
WR - Whosyourmomma
WR - Henry
RB - Johnson
FB - I don't remember the name but think it was Johnson
TE - I can't remember his name either

That 2005 Offense was really good...I would say terrifying.

Side note: I've got 3 Johnson's and a big Willie

T-shirt still from back then. And IIRC we had 4 Johnson's for a minute, and yes was a powerful offense.
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2018, 09:51 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Side note: I've got 3 Johnson's and a big Willie

Hilarious  Now I have this song in my head:

Reply/Quote
Wait a minute.....I thought our weapons were the best in the league, or so I've read on here. Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(07-12-2018, 10:40 AM)Wyche Wrote: Wait a minute.....I thought our weapons were the best in the league, or so I've read on here. Ninja

Quit being a smart alec.   Wink
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2018, 10:42 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Quit being a smart alec.   Wink

Couldn't resist....lol.  Overall, I'd say Barnwell hit it right on the money.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(07-12-2018, 09:51 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Side note: I've got 3 Johnson's and a big Willie

T-shirt still from back then. And IIRC we had 4 Johnson's for a minute, and yes was a powerful offense.
Damn boy, you're deformed!!! Or lucky..... Ninja
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2018, 07:23 PM)Steve Wrote: sounds like 12-4
& the AFC North title....
????

Entirely possible if the O-line improves enough and we stay relatively healthy.

(07-12-2018, 07:16 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Nailed it.  I try to look at things from a worst-case scenario and see how the team could still perform.  If Ross doesn't perform, or doesn't get the opportunity, I still see the likes of Malone, Core, Boyd, and maybe even Tate being "chain movers" along with our TEs (including Hewitt) having a much better opportunity with the newfound offensive line and rushing attack.  While I really wanted that fourth rounder spent on a LB, I think the competition at RB, plus Pollack, plus Price, Plus Glenn, Plus Redmond/Westerman equals an offense that can do so many more things than a year ago.

That, and I really liked what I saw from Lazor playing with all the same deficiencies of Zampese, he brought some life to a stagnant offense.  And by the end of the season, we saw 100 yard rushing games from both Mixon and Gio.  I also think Dalton will have a boulder-sized chip on his shoulder.  

(07-12-2018, 07:21 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I was listening to the NFL Network while mowing and they had Rasul Douglas (one of their CBs) and he was talking about how they have almost everyone back.  I have said that before about the Bengals, only to have them fall flat on their face.

If you stand still, you get passed.

The Bengals brought in Glenn.
They got Westerman and Redmond some much-needed game experience. 
They drafted Billy Price.
They brought in Frank Pollack.
They gave Lazor the OC position and he had an entire offseason to work in his system.
They have Ross healthy.
They could have Eifert healthy.
The brought in competition at RB for Mixon and Gio. 
They have Hewitt healthy.
They lost NO KEY TALENT on the offensive side of the ball.

That is just on offense.  I see great potential and I feel like by mid-season, this team will really be putting up some points.  

Yeah, i think we run up that #16 ranking pretty quick lol

But right now i don't blame him for where he ranks us, we were like the worst Offense in the NFL last year as Fred noted.
Reply/Quote
I think the Bengals should be two spots higher. I can’t agree that Tampa (no RB except an unproven rookie) or Tennessee (no WR anywhere close to AJ) have better weapons.
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2018, 07:39 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Some might disagree but I’m onboard with this prediction. The first 2 losses would more than likely come early while the team is synchronizing. It’s going to be exciting to watch a new playbook and a new team philosophy gel together.

games 3 & 4 should be 2 of our tougher games early....
on the road at Panthers & Falcons...
we better be gelled by then,
 or those will be back to back losses...

but I have confidence in this O-line...
our last 2 games last year they did pretty well, knocking the Lions & Ravens BOTH out of the playoffs...
& this year they should be a lot better...
if that's the case...12-4 is doable...
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2018, 03:25 PM)Gohards Wrote: When AB goes across the middle and looks up and sees Burfict

When Andy Dalton stepped under Center behind Russell Bodine.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2018, 07:26 PM)Steve Wrote: games 3 & 4 should be 2 of our tougher games early....
on the road at Panthers & Falcons...
we better be gelled by then,
 or those will be back to back losses...

but I have confidence in this O-line...
our last 2 games last year they did pretty well, knocking the Lions & Ravens BOTH out of the playoffs...
& this year they should be a lot better...
if that's the case...12-4 is doable...

The real bummer here is, no Burfict, for those two road games against the Panthers and Falcons.  I think they will be running the ball until we stop it and I don't know if our LB corps will be up to the task without him.  
Reply/Quote
Will Bengals have any really really good position groups heading into the season, like very near or in the top 5?

O-line, nope
D-line, maybe eventually but doubtful
LBs, nope
WRS, TEs - nope
RBs - possibly
DBs - nope
QB - nope
STDs - nope
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(07-13-2018, 11:42 AM)Millhouse Wrote: Will Bengals have any really really good position groups heading into the season, like very near or in the top 5?

O-line, nope
D-line, maybe eventually but doubtful
LBs, nope
WRS, TEs - nope
RBs - possibly
DBs - nope
QB - nope
STDs - nope

CBs could definitely be at least very near.

Reply/Quote
(07-13-2018, 11:42 AM)Millhouse Wrote: STDs - nope

Please make sure you consult a doctor first.  Ninja
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2018, 11:49 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: CBs could definitely be at least very near.

true, as WJ3 looks to be the real deal
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote