Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bates "Injury"
(12-04-2022, 11:52 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: Prove it. If he actually saw through the huddle to make that up, it's almost impressive. But I just have a hard time believing you can prove one way or another someone had cramps. Regardless of Romo's talking about it, and regardless of Chiefs fans on twitter losing their minds. And it didn't affect anything in the game.

Whether he was faking it or not, he sat out for 3 plays, IIRC.

In every case of flopping, the player comes in after sitting for 1 play.

Furthermore, they had 3 TOs: if it truly was a sub sitch, they should've just called a TO. I think this memo is more for, "late in the game, trailing, with no TOs," as opposed to a sitch like this.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 12:34 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Whether he was faking it or not, he sat out for 3 plays, IIRC.

In every case of flopping, the player comes in after sitting for 1 play.

Furthermore, they had 3 TOs: if it truly was a sub sitch, they should've just called a TO. I think this memo is more for, "late in the game, trailing, with no TOs," as opposed to a sitch like this.

I'd agree on all points!  
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2022, 11:45 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: If I recall correctly we lost a Superbowl in the late 80s to Jerry Rice repeatedly doing the same thing to us. Please fine him his ring and send it to us.

The Seattle team, then in AFC, did it on most every defensive play during the playoffs against the Bengals in our Super Bowl year, to give them time to substitute. The Buffalo threatened to do the same during the AFC championship. What I remember was the league banned the play by the Bengals as being "unsportsmanlike" due to the type of hurry up offense we ran. The Bengals would run up to the line and then take its time and then snap the ball if the other team tried to make a substitution. Seattle was not found to be at fault for faking injuries and Buffalo was told they would not be penalized for faking injuries, but the Bengals would if they continued to run their hurry up offense. The league decided in favor of Buffalo just a couple hours before the championship game.
Reply/Quote
I think he did it spontaneously which should save the organization and Zac from a fine but yeah he’s likely to get hit with something

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
lol

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
https://twitter.com/i/status/1599593440358019072

Hilarious
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
It's pretty obvious that Mike Hilton ripped a toxic toot as he walked by and it put Bates on on his ass!  Ninja

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2022, 11:52 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: Prove it.  If he actually saw through the huddle to make that up, it's almost impressive.  But I just have a hard time believing you can prove one way or another someone had cramps.  Regardless of Romo's talking about it, and regardless of Chiefs fans on twitter losing their minds.  And it didn't affect anything in the game.

Yeah it would have been a one yard penalty for too many men and the Chiefs scored anyway.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 05:35 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: https://twitter.com/i/status/1599593440358019072

Hilarious

Going to have to see that from another angle to see where they injury occurred.

Ninja
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
It's not what you know, it's what you can prove. Bates had a cramp. End of story.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 06:59 PM)Destro Wrote: Going to have to see that from another angle to see where they injury occurred.

Ninja

Wink
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2022, 10:05 PM)Nepa Wrote: Zac was 100% correct in my view to go for it on 4th and inches. Even if they took 3 points, the Chiefs would have had plenty of time to get their own field goal. 4th and inches against a high-powered offense like the Chiefs you go for it. Look at Andy Reid. He didn't take the 3 points when it was 4th and about 3 yards. And the Chiefs made the TD.

One can complain about the playcall on 4th and inches, but I think going for it was the right decision.

As for Bates, I found it embarrassing when they showed it on on replay. He should get fined. 

Completely agree as usual Nepa. I liked the call and that was pretty sad by Bates honestly. He would of been booed big time in 
someone else's stadium. But if he really did have a cramp, he shouldn't get fined, but hard to prove either way.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 07:19 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It's not what you know, it's what you can prove. Bates had a cramp. End of story.

They should list him as questionable this week.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
So I was reading an article about Cameron Jordan winning his fake injury appeal by submitting an MRI showing he did indeed have an injury. At the very end of the article there was a bit that I found extra interesting...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/saints-cameron-jordan-wins-50k-fine-appeal-after-nfl-accused-him-of-faking-injury/ar-AA16xrlJ?OCID=ansmsnnews11
Quote:The same day that Jordan and the Saints were fined, the league also issued Cincinnati defensive back Jessie Bates III and the Bengals fines totaling $500,000 after Bates was criticized for appearing to fake an injury. Those fine appear to still stand.

So if Bates got the same $50k fine as Jordan, that means it is likely that Zac Taylor also got fined $100k and Mike Brown/The Bengals got fined $350k.

All of a sudden now I wonder if the Bengals FO was very happy about the move he pulled when it started pulling hundreds of thousands out of Mike's bank account.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
saints player just appealed one of these fines and won
Reply/Quote
But, But the league plays by the "rules" when they want to but not during the season or when rescheduling games. OK.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 11:07 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: So I was reading an article about Cameron Jordan winning his fake injury appeal by submitting an MRI showing he did indeed have an injury. At the very end of the article there was a bit that I found extra interesting...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/saints-cameron-jordan-wins-50k-fine-appeal-after-nfl-accused-him-of-faking-injury/ar-AA16xrlJ?OCID=ansmsnnews11

So if Bates got the same $50k fine as Jordan, that means it is likely that Zac Taylor also got fined $100k and Mike Brown/The Bengals got fined $350k.

All of a sudden now I wonder if the Bengals FO was very happy about the move he pulled when it started pulling hundreds of thousands out of Mike's bank account.

Lol you think Bates did that on is own occurred? He was clearly instructed to do so by the coaching staff all defenses do during the hurry up.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 11:07 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: So I was reading an article about Cameron Jordan winning his fake injury appeal by submitting an MRI showing he did indeed have an injury. At the very end of the article there was a bit that I found extra interesting...

I’m not sure the Bengals staff was fined, there was video of a Saints coach appearing to waive for someone to go down.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2022, 10:00 PM)pally Wrote: It looked like Jesse had some pretty bad cramps there for a minute because if he was faking it, his paycheck could be docked big bucks.  Apparently the NFL sent out a memo on the topic on Friday

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/12/04/nfl-warns-teams-about-faking-injuries/

I stopped reading after the first sentence of that quote.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote