Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bates, Taylor, And Team Fined For Faking Injury
The NFL is fining Bates, Taylor, and the team as a whole for Bates falling and faking that injury against the Chiefs to let our defensive subs get in.

Local Cincy News says that he's appealing it but I don't see how he can argue against what he did!

I love Bates but it was a bad move!

Hilarious

That article said they're only fining Bates but Twitter said they're fining the team and Taylor, too.

Reply/Quote
My girlfriend does a better job faking it than that. Bates needs to work on his deception.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
Cramps come on very quickly....
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Yeah, they are doing it to the Saints too. This is a slippery slope because all it takes is a real injury and a lawsuit waiting to happen. I’m not sure how you can “prove” an injury like cramps or not. (Yes I know bates was likely fake)
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2022, 05:39 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Yeah, they are doing it to the Saints too. This is a slippery slope because all it takes is a real injury and a lawsuit waiting to happen. I’m not sure how you can “prove” an injury like cramps or not. (Yes I know bates was likely fake)

Hilarious
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2022, 05:37 PM)EatonFan Wrote: Cramps come on very quickly....

And can drop you like a bad habit then leave you fast, like a mail order bride.
Reply/Quote
Why not just call a timeout?

This acomphished nothing as they scored anyway
Reply/Quote
Bates might have a pretty good case here, as a cramp can come on suddenly. they can also leave pretty quickly after you have rested some. I would think it would be pretty hard to prove it wasn’t a cramp. But, The acting part wasn’t very good.
Reply/Quote
Saved a one yard penalty. Nice job Jesse
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Does this mean we get to retroactively fine Randy Bullock 100k for his double calf cramp? Ninja
Reply/Quote
Unless something was done such as a signal there was no indication this was orchestrated by the sideline, I don't see the team and coaches being fined. The only one saying anyone other than Jesse was fined was Florio and we all know his reliability or lack there of.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Only fines I'm seeing are Bates and also Chase for his dumb unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. Nothing about Taylor or the team like the Saints got.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2022, 05:55 PM)Anarumo_Savant Wrote: Why not just call a timeout?

This acomphished nothing as they scored anyway

Because you only get a few timeouts and they can be very important late in a half.

It was also spur of the moment, so not like he thought it through.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2022, 06:55 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Because you only get a few timeouts and they can be very important late in a half.

It was also spur of the moment, so not like he thought it through.

All the crying about this from people yet the Chiefs still scored on the drive. 

Not sure why people are so up in arms. It would have been half the distance and again... They scored anyways. Not like this impacted the game.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
If I'm Jessie I'd take it all the way and make them prove he didn't have a cramp.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2022, 05:39 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Yeah, they are doing it to the Saints too. This is a slippery slope because all it takes is a real injury and a lawsuit waiting to happen. I’m not sure how you can “prove” an injury like cramps or not. (Yes I know bates was likely fake)

This. Pretty hard to prove but that was pretty obvious lol
Reply/Quote
No surprise here, it was blatant

Not hating Bates for it though

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2022, 06:58 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: All the crying about this from people yet the Chiefs still scored on the drive. 

Not sure why people are so up in arms. It would have been half the distance and again... They scored anyways. Not like this impacted the game.
Exactly, and that's why they wouldn't call a timeout.
(12-10-2022, 07:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This. Pretty hard to prove but that was pretty obvious lol

Can you get a cramp just from standing?

I obviously wouldn't know.....................

Confused

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
It was an obvious fake injury. But this has been happening a long time. Is this something new the NFL is trying to target because defenses have always done this.
Reply/Quote
Reading this on the can. Pretty sure I’m going to need a 5 min lay down to suppress the pins and needles in my legs.
Reply/Quote