Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bates, Taylor, And Team Fined For Faking Injury
I knew that was coming....beats the penalty we were gonna get.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Totally worth it.
Reply/Quote
Totally agree.. I don;t want this to start looking at soccer.. they need to add booth review and take off time or downs from teams that do this.. very unprofessional
Reply/Quote
Probably wouldn’t have been a fine if Romo wasn’t making a huge deal about it on national tv. I like Romo but was telling him to stfu!

Reply/Quote
Remember years ago I think the Giants had two players drop. Was a semi- big deal then. I think it was Warren Sapp was on NFL Network and saying it happens all the time. Guys do it to slow down the other team, but there is supposed to be only one guy allowed to fall.

He did it. The NFL doesn't need "proof." It is a football league, not a court of law. Even the appeal process is full of people who played and know it happens. Check will be cut.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2022, 07:57 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Exactly, and that's why they wouldn't call a timeout.

Can you get a cramp just from standing?

I obviously wouldn't know.....................

Confused

Hilarious

Lol

Yeah, they can creep up on you, but you could see he just looked to the sideline and fell down intentionally.

Smart but low, if we were playing in another team's stadium there would be big time booing as there should be...

Still, like Murdock said, they scored on the play anyway so there should be no bitching...

But we all know, Chiefs fans love to *****. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2022, 07:59 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: It was an obvious fake injury. But this has been happening a long time. Is this something new the NFL is trying to target because defenses have always done this.

I think they sent a memo literally the week before saying they were going to start cracking down on it and fining people. 
Reply/Quote
Bates soccer-style collapse was very embarrassing to see as a Bengals fan. And on a major broadcast viewed by millions.

I also couldn't figure out what Chase was trying to demonstrate when he was earning his taunting penalty. But it's the kind of disrespectful thing that viewers remember. And I wish I could forget Chase's giving the middle figure to a DB who he let get under his skin. I know he's young, and only his second year in the league, but those things don't help his marketability. And neither taunting penalties that I've seen from him were at opportune times.

The rest of the team, including Burrow and Taylor, give off a good image when the camera shows them on the sidelines. I personally cannot stand those coaches who blow up on the sidelines numerous times during a game.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2022, 11:14 PM)Nepa Wrote: Bates soccer-style collapse was very embarrassing to see as a Bengals fan. And on a major broadcast viewed by millions.

I also couldn't figure out what Chase was trying to demonstrate when he was earning his taunting penalty. But it's the kind of disrespectful thing that viewers remember. And I wish I could forget Chase's giving the middle figure to a DB who he let get under his skin. I know he's young, and only his second year in the league, but those things don't help his marketability. And neither taunting penalties that I've seen from him were at opportune times.

The rest of the team, including Burrow and Taylor, give off a good image when the camera shows them on the sidelines. I personally cannot stand those coaches who blow up on the sidelines numerous times during a game.
Well I loved Chase giving Fitzpatrick the double birds....
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2022, 06:38 PM)treee Wrote: Does this mean we get to retroactively fine Randy Bullock 100k for his double calf cramp? Ninja

I remember him holding the wrong leg or something when talking about the other leg.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2022, 11:14 PM)Nepa Wrote: Bates soccer-style collapse was very embarrassing to see as a Bengals fan. And on a major broadcast viewed by millions.

I did however like Taylor screaming at Chase for his dumb gesture causing penalty.

Chase is one hell of a player but is still very young and needs to mature professionally in this area.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2022, 11:15 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well I loved Chase giving Fitzpatrick the double birds....

Well yeah.  F the Browns.  Hilarious
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Was on Facebook and the story about Bate's fine is postwd several times. Good Lord the Chiefs fans are a whiny bunch. They actually are crying the league should take the win away from the Bengals. I guess that's the only way they could beat us.
Reply/Quote
Jesse didn't exactly help his own case in seeking that huge, high dollar contract..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
There was 3:20 left in the half and the Bengals had all three timeouts. I get wanting to preserve time outs for that final drive before the half, but I bet they take the timeout if they knew it would cost them, collectively, 500k. I wonder if that 350k comes out of Zac or Bates' contract in some way.
Reply/Quote

The taunting penalty was towards Eric Reid who was talking trash in the week prior (and the week after). Chase admitted it was a bad idea, but he was just caught up in the moment. It didn't really matter either. It cost us a total of 5 yards on the following kick off return.

And the double bird was just classic. You can tell Chase has really embraced the FTS culture here in Cincinnati.
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I don't buy a single word of "it was an obvious fake" or that this in any way related to soccer, or that this impacted the game in any way.

1) Can't prove he did or didn't have a cramp, which do come on out of nowhere at times and can end suddenly as well (we've ALL had that happen whether it's a charlie horse in bed or a cramp on the sports field)
2) How can it be proven that Bates had any idea of the player count so did this to stop the clock (unless there's an obvious sideline signal)
3) Soccer is about the flop to make it look like someone did something; this was Bates all by himself
4) The Chiefs scored so it didn't change the outcome of the game at all

It looked stupid as hell, and the NFL clearly wants to set a standard of some kind so they have a precedent when they call this in a future meaningful game. But I really think this one is ridiculous.
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote