Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bates Was Talking Shit To The Chiefs Sideline After Bell's INT!
I don't know if Bates even realized that it had been intercepted or that the play was still going on, but he gets up right in front of the Chiefs sideline talking shit!

I LOVE IT!

That's the kind of swagger this team needs!

Reply/Quote
Need to be careful with that stuff. A taunting penalty there could have literally ended our season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Bates with the Kung Fu Snake Fist technique!
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I don’t think he was talking crap that could have drawn a flag. I think he was just saying “it was an honor to compete against you today. Hope you gentlemen have a fantastic off-season”.

Yeah, I’m sure that’s what he said!
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 07:48 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Need to be careful with that stuff. A taunting penalty there could have literally ended our season.

Exactly.  Keep your mouth shut and go celebrate with your teammate if you prefer, but don't jaw at the sideline.  Fortunately, the officials seemed distracted with the play continuing or that might have set us back and had monumental consequences.   
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Nothing made me happier then the outcome of this game, When KC won the toss in OT, and Mahomes did that little fake crap like he was putting on his cape. He aint superman. I dont know what KC's FA looks like, but i honestly believe their run may be over. As long as they have Mahomes, Kelce, and Hill, they will be a contender, but as far as favorites week in and week out, I think its coming to an end!!!
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 07:48 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Need to be careful with that stuff. A taunting penalty there could have literally ended our season.
I agree but I do't think they can call the penalty for taunting during the actual play. It's also not like he gave them the finger or anything. 

I see what you're saying but I don't think there was any possibility of that being a penalty.
(01-31-2022, 07:53 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I don’t think he was talking crap that could have drawn a flag. I think he was just saying “it was an honor to compete against you today.  Hope you gentlemen have a fantastic off-season”.

No........ I think he was apologizing!

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 07:55 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Exactly.  Keep your mouth shut and go celebrate with your teammate if you prefer, but don't jaw at the sideline.  Fortunately, the officials seemed distracted with the play continuing or that might have set us back and had monumental consequences.   

He might not have even said anything. 

Sometimes, just the look and the smile is better than trash talking!
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 07:53 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I don’t think he was talking crap that could have drawn a flag. I think he was just saying “it was an honor to compete against you today.  Hope you gentlemen have a fantastic off-season”.

"Feast on feces and expire!"
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 08:20 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: He might not have even said anything. 

In the NBA that can be a technical, just ask Timmy Duncan. They can't handle trash talk but can handle nearly killing each other in the NFL. You will nearly kill each other but you will NOT talk trash!
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 08:20 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: He might not have even said anything. 

Well, I took your word that he said something.  Darn me for trusting you, Brad  Smirk
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 08:31 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Well, I took your word that he said something.  Darn me for trusting you, Brad  Smirk

"Talking shit" can just mean ridiculing the other team.

Grow up.

Rolleyes

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 08:39 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: "Talking shit" can just mean ridiculing the other team.

Grow up.

Rolleyes

Hilarious

Nah, it's much too late for that LOL
Reply/Quote
Well, considering there was an official standing RIGHT THERE... I doubt he said much of anything.

[Image: Z6at65H.jpg]

Bafflingly, that same ref signaled incomplete... HOW THE HELL DO YOU MESS UP THAT CALL?
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 08:29 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: In the NBA that can be a technical, just ask Timmy Duncan. They can't handle trash talk but can handle nearly killing each other in the NFL. You will nearly kill each other but you will NOT talk trash!

That rule is ridiculous. Taunt someone twice and get kicked out of the game but you can hit someone late or go helmet to helmet 20 times and still stay on the field.
Reply/Quote
13 INTs in 17 games, 11 of which were games against non-playoff teams.

6 INTs in three games against the #5 seed, the #1 seed and the #2 seed.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 08:48 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Well, considering there was an official standing RIGHT THERE... I doubt he said much of anything.
Bafflingly, that same ref signaled incomplete... HOW THE HELL DO YOU MESS UP THAT CALL?
Exactly.

Refs make me feel like being brain damaged isn't the worst possible outcome. 

Hilarious

Anyways, you can't really call a penalty when he just stands up and faces that way because he could just be trying to face the crowd to pump them up.

He obviously wasn't and was definitely taunting them, which makes the even better that it couldn't have been called!

The ref might also have been watching the Bell carry the ball and might not have even seen it.

Jerry

(01-31-2022, 08:55 PM)mallorian69 Wrote: That rule is ridiculous. Taunt someone twice and get kicked out of the game but you can hit someone late or go helmet to helmet 20 times and still stay on the field.

But "player safety" is the most important thing.

Rolleyes

It's the kind of ass-backwards thinking that has taken our country by storm, not just sports.
Reply/Quote
Bates probably just told them what a nice guy Patrick Mahomes is for giving him such a great gift,so that now he and his teammates and continue on their way to the Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 09:09 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Bates probably just told them what a nice guy Patrick Mahomes is for giving him such a great gift,so that now he and his teammates and continue on their way to the Super Bowl.

"Hey Patty, why aint your brother dancing?"
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 08:48 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Well, considering there was an official standing RIGHT THERE... I doubt he said much of anything.

It seems obvious that refs aren't calling taunting (or targeting) in the postseason, so yes he likely was talking shit. 
Reply/Quote