Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bates and Bell
Not only are they Best Safety Tandem in the NFL but their styles of play fit each other perfectly.

Bell the perfect box safety who destroys in the running game.

Bates the Best deep Safety in the game; people were harsh on him all year long but the dude has consistently made plays during this playoff run.

They're the keys to this defense without them Lou can't run the single high defense.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 04:06 PM)J24 Wrote: Not only are they Best Safety Tandem in the NFL but their styles of play fit each other perfectly.

Bates the Best deep Safety in the game; people were harsh on him all year long but the dude has consistently made plays during this playoff run.

They're the keys to this defense without them Lou can't run the single high defense.

Truth, keep them together too. I know Bates didn't have the best season but he still deserves a nice contract. Pay the man.

What a play in OT, what a play. Not only did Jessie knock the ball out of the Receiver's hands he knocked it perfectly into Von's.
Reply/Quote
They both played well in the end yesterday, but Bates needs to practice being a more consistent tackler. The buck should stop with him but I've seen too many arm tackle whiffs lately.
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 04:40 PM)Mer Wrote: They both played well in the end yesterday, but Bates needs to practice being a more consistent tackler. The buck should stop with him but I've seen too many arm tackle whiffs lately.

His major responsibility is playing  deep Safety in the passing game and he does a great job of that. 

Could he better at making tackles sure but in all honesty you're going to have that problem with many deep safeties.

With that being said how many Safeties can make that final pass break up against Hill?
J24

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 07:04 PM)J24 Wrote: His major responsibility is playing  deep Safety in the passing game and he does a great job of that. 

Could he better at making tackles sure but in all honesty you're going to have that problem with many deep safeties.

With that being said how many Safeties can make that final pass break up against Hill?

Good question, was an amazing play by Bates. I thought he just knocked the ball away initially and it was on the ground then I
saw Bell running with the ball and I couldn't believe it. Crazy play by Bates.
Reply/Quote
Bates has made so many big plays this postseason. Love our safeties.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 04:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Truth, keep them together too. I know Bates didn't have the best season but he still deserves a nice contract. Pay the man.

What a play in OT, what a play. Not only did Jessie knock the ball out of the Receiver's hands he knocked it perfectly into Von's.

It was a Super play by Bates!
J24

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 07:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good question, was an amazing play by Bates. I thought he just knocked the ball away initially and it was on the ground then I
saw Bell running with the ball and I couldn't believe it. Crazy play by Bates.

And crazy reaction time by Bell to make that catch.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 04:06 PM)J24 Wrote: Not only are they Best Safety Tandem in the NFL but their styles of play fit each other perfectly.

Bates is peaking at JUST the right time.  That play to poke the ball away (to Bell) from Hill was incredible.  He was BEHIND him, reached under his arm, fully extended, and touched the ball BEFORE Hill did.  Think about that.  He was behind Hill and touched the ball first.  Incredible. 

But we knew this about Bates..he had some struggles early on and I think the lack of a contract was in his mind.  No longer.  He will get paid and he is on a roll.

What I have seen from Bell is more impressive.  He was always a high-energy guy.  He could help in the running game, but from the middle of the last season until now, that guy has improved his COVERAGE ABILITY to an incredible level.  It took him a little time to adjust, but wow has he come on strong.

I will always love Bell for the hit that seemingly turned the tide against the steelers when he blew up JJSS.  

What these two are doing together is simply outstanding.  
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 10:08 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Bates is peaking at JUST the right time.  That play to poke the ball away (to Bell) from Hill was incredible.  He was BEHIND him, reached under his arm, fully extended, and touched the ball BEFORE Hill did.  Think about that.  He was behind Hill and touched the ball first.  Incredible. 

But we knew this about Bates..he had some struggles early on and I think the lack of a contract was in his mind.  No longer.  He will get paid and he is on a roll.

What I have seen from Bell is more impressive.  He was always a high-energy guy.  He could help in the running game, but from the middle of the last season until now, that guy has improved his COVERAGE ABILITY to an incredible level.  It took him a little time to adjust, but wow has he come on strong.

I will always love Bell for the hit that seemingly turned the tide against the steelers when he blew up JJSS.  

What these two are doing together is simply outstanding.  

PAY THE MAN
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I was not on the Pay Bates whatever he wants, but if he does in the super bowl what he has done all post season, I will happily flip my position. Dude has balled this post season.
Reply/Quote
Just gotta re-sign Bates and extend Bell. Keep this tandem together.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 10:15 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I was not on the Pay Bates whatever he wants, but if he does in the super bowl what he has done all post season, I will happily flip my position. Dude has balled this post season.

Naw, I'm on the pay Jessie what Jessie is worth according to his game stats. If he is #1 Free Safety, then pay him that. If he is #5 FS, then pay him accordingly. No need to overpay for the position. Pay the man fairly and both sides should be happy.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 10:55 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Naw, I'm on the pay Jessie what Jessie is worth according to his game stats. If he is #1 Free Safety, then pay him that. If he is #5 FS, then pay him accordingly. No need to overpay for the position. Pay the man fairly and both sides should be happy.

the thing is, he played like a decent free safety in the regular season,

but his play in the post season has been spectacular

so the front office is going to have to pay him according to his current elite post season, and past elite seasons
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 11:00 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: the thing is, he played like a decent free safety in the regular season,

but his play in the post season has been spectacular

so the front office is going to have to pay him according to his current elite post season, and past elite seasons

I'm good with paying him. Just don't think we have to overpay him. He wants to be here, I suspect they will come to a fair deal.
Reply/Quote
I sure hope they keep them together.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 04:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Truth, keep them together too. I know Bates didn't have the best season but he still deserves a nice contract. Pay the man.

For that one play alone,that Bates made,that you just mentioned about Bates knocking the Ball out of the receivers hands.If I were the owner
Of this team,I would sign Bates without hesitation.Without that play,Hill almost definitely makes that catch,and there’s about a 90% chance that the Bengals would not be going to the Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 10:15 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I was not on the Pay Bates whatever he wants, but if he does in the super bowl what he has done all post season, I will happily flip my position. Dude has balled this post season.

My sentiments exactly. He has raised his game a notch in the playoffs.
He was largely unimpressive during the regular season. Well. To be fair. He was “middle of the road” at best. A few decent games but a few awful ones too.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 03:53 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Ballin'.  Mellow

(02-01-2022, 09:50 AM)Sled21 Wrote: And crazy reaction time by Bell to make that catch.

For sure, I know it was right in his hands but that was so good it might throw you off and Bell could of dropped the ball.

Great job holding on by Von.

(02-01-2022, 11:42 AM)ezekiel23 Wrote: For that one play alone,that Bates made,that you just mentioned about Bates knocking the Ball out of the receivers hands.If I were the owner
Of this team,I would sign Bates without hesitation.Without that play,Hill almost definitely makes that catch,and there’s about a 90% chance that the Bengals would not be going to the Super Bowl.

True, that one play could be the biggest in Bengals history.
Reply/Quote