Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bates # change?
Burrow is next..#9 is jinxed..
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2021, 05:03 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Anyone concerned that now with changing jersey numbers our OL that couldnt pickup much will have a harder time identifing who they are suppose to block?

Brady is.

I tend to think that if a guy is wearing a different colored jersey than you, you should probably block him.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2021, 10:03 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Burrow is next..#9 is jinxed..

Hopefully it was just the old #9 jerseys...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2021, 05:16 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Bates would have to get Austin Seibert to give up #3.

Related to the number changes, I do think Chase takes a single digit if he's drafted.
He did change his jersey number in college to 7 before opting out, so I could see him either going with 7, 1 (the jersey he wore in 2019), or 5 (the draft pick he would be).

He only changed his number prior to opting out due to the LSU Tradition. Historically the #7 is worn by the best player on the team, and this started with Patrick Peterson, and then Tyrann Mathieu, Leonard Fournette, DJ Chark, Grant Delpit, and would've been Chase had he played.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2021, 11:24 PM)Au165 Wrote: Just as an FYI if a player wants to change their number this year they have to buy up all the current jerseys from the NFL distributors. On the other hand, they can give notice this year and change next year and not have to do anything. It’s a pretty substantial amount of money to change jerseys so I’m not sure you’ll see a ton of guys do it this year but some may.

Bates will have stupid money, but not until his next contract.  Would be a REALLY cool gesture to buy them up and donate them to underprivileged kids.  
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2021, 10:16 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Brady is.

I tend to think that if a guy is wearing a different colored jersey than you, you should probably block him.

right but each player has assignments
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2021, 01:09 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: right but each player has assignments

But I have never heard coaching instructions like "You block the guy with a single digit number and you block the guy with the double digit number"
Reply/Quote
Little known fact that none of you will care about.

When All-Pro DE Leonard Little played college ball at Tennessee he wore number #1. I am pretty sure it was because he was originally signed as a safety but grew into a MLB and then a DE. I think they made a special extra-large #1 for his jersey because it looked huge.

Same thing happened with a guy I played with in high school. Alan Wenglikowski was just a ST player for the Chiefs and Bills, but in college he played DE for Pitt opposite of NFL Hall-of Famer Chris Doleman in the mid 80's. He kept his weight down in high school because he also wrestled and ran track. he played safety at about 190-195. But at Pitt he ended up at about 235. That sounds small for a DE, but this was 35 years ago when everyone was smaller and he played a "rush end" which was kind of a LB/DE hybrid.

It seems strange seeing a DE wearing a single digit number.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2021, 01:09 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: right but each player has assignments

Assignments tend to go out the window in the heat of the moment, otherwise stunts would work on every single down.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2021, 01:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But I have never heard coaching instructions like "You block the guy with a single digit number and you block the guy with the double digit number"

how often do you hear coaching instructions?
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2021, 02:26 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: how often do you hear coaching instructions?

10-20 times a day on this forum
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote