Sign long term contract
Trade for draft pick and/or player
Other
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bates cryptic tweet?
“Stay down. Stay Grounded”. #justbelieve”

A couple days ago….from Jesse Bates lll on Twitter.

It’s the final day Bates could get a long term contract. I’m curious the pulse of the community on here.

What would be your WISH. I won’t go in to details like “you can’t have Tee if you sign him”, because that just isn’t true. There are ways to make it work.

I’m going with sign long term contract. He is a coach on the field on the defensive side of the ball and showed he can be near dominant against the best of the best. He’s just 25.

Do I think that it will happen? Sadly, no. I bet he just signs the tag and might face it again next year.

But what I’m asking the board is what would you most like to see happen?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He isn’t even a top 5 safety.

Why long pay him before he puts in a full, consistent, elite season?

He certainly didn’t do that last year. Keep franchising him if he earns it, he just isn’t that good to commit long term/big dollars to
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2022, 07:57 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: “Stay down.  Stay Grounded”. #justbelieve”

A couple days ago….from Jesse Bates lll on Twitter.  

It’s the final day Bates could get a long term contract.  I’m curious the pulse of the community on here.

What would be your WISH.  I won’t go in to details like “you can’t have Tee if you sign him”, because that just isn’t true.  There are ways to make it work.  

I’m going with sign long term contract.  He is a coach on the field on the defensive side of the ball and showed he can be near dominant against the best of the best.  He’s just 25.

Do I think that it will happen?  Sadly, no.  I bet he just signs the tag and might face it again next year.

But what I’m asking the board is what would you most like to see happen?

I like Bates, and he's a good player.  But he plays a position that is probably of the least value on the team.  With all the skilled players we have we can't afford to give him a top safety contract.  If he wants to be a part of the Bengal organization moving forward he will have to give in or unfortunately move on.  It's business and their are more valuable assets on this Bengals team than safety.
Reply/Quote
Nothing I hate more than these drama queen cryptic quotes.

They think they are being profound, but they just sound stupid because no one knows what they mean.
Reply/Quote
Go out there earn your 13 mil and then The big money will come
Reply/Quote
I like bates, but this is just silly. Let him play in the tag then let him go. Maybe look for a FS next year if Hill develops into a different role.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2022, 09:23 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I like bates, but this is just silly. Let him play in the tag then let him go. Maybe look for a FS next year if Hill develops into a different role.

100%.  Why would they need to feel any pressure to sign him long term?

He hasn't earned it.  Why is this so hard to understand for fans. 
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2022, 09:23 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I like bates, but this is just silly. Let him play in the tag then let him go. Maybe look for a FS next year if Hill develops into a different role.

100%

Considering the upcoming Burrow, Chase and (hopefully) Higgins extensions alone, there's no way they can afford to break the bank on Bates. 
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2022, 10:05 AM)wcu Wrote: 100%

Considering the upcoming Burrow, Chase and (hopefully) Higgins extensions alone, there's no way they can afford to break the bank on Bates. 

This…now that they have a very talented roster they won’t be able to keep everybody. A few years ago they would have already extended him because he would have been one of their top 3 players. Now they can’t pay a Safety top money - especially one who was pretty mediocre during the regular season. Keep him this year then let him walk and use that money for some of the other guys who are more valuable to the team.
Reply/Quote
If I didn't think the Bengals could compete for a deep postseason run, I'd prefer Bates just traded because I wouldn't want $13 mill put into a 1-year rental.
And with Dax Hill, I think they have their future FS.
But I voted to have Bates play on tag this year since the Bengals really could get back to Super Bowl again, and DB depth is important to being able to accomplish that.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
On a positive note, Bates' twitter still shows him in uniform and uses #whodey in the bio

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(07-15-2022, 12:01 PM)pally Wrote: On a positive note, Bates' twitter still shows him in uniform and uses #whodey in the bio

He sign that Tender Yet?
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2022, 12:01 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: He sign that Tender Yet?

nope...I doubt he will sign that before the last week of August...why go through training camp at this point

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Play this year on the tag. He's worth more to the team playing this year than a 2023 draft pick. I was only on the trade bandwagon before the draft when they could have gotten 2022 draft picks to add to this year's roster.

I also know it's the "thing" to do now for leverage or whatnot, but I despise cryptic tweets and the whole taking a team's name out of your social media bio, or silently unfollowing or whatever. Just seems like some middle school shit.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
What I want is fo4 him to sign a long term deal and be with the Bengals for the rest of his career!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2022, 08:49 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: I like Bates, and he's a good player.  But he plays a position that is probably of the least value on the team.  With all the skilled players we have we can't afford to give him a top safety contract.  If he wants to be a part of the Bengal organization moving forward he will have to give in or unfortunately move on.  It's business and their are more valuable assets on this Bengals team than safety.

Bates doesn’t care about playing for the Bengals. Most players don’t care. They care about guaranteed $ and years on the contract. He wants to get paid and he wants a long term deal. Don’t blame him, I would want to get the best deal I could as well. But he probably won’t get it here.
Reply/Quote
I like Bates but he has to prove he can put in a full season at a high level of play. Let him play on the tag this season, see how he does while further evaluating Hill is what I would do. If we get Playoff Jessie all season, then pay him. If not, trade him and let the rookie play.
Reply/Quote
Obviously, I'd like to see him signed to a long term deal, play out his career with the Bengals. I'm guessing that the Bengals have likely made some really fine contract offers, but I'm willing to be that the sticking point is the guaranteed money.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I would prefer a long term deal that was good for both sides have been reached. That’s not going to happen imho. The explosion in salary at the safety position, as well as wr, made it highly unlikely. The bengals just aren’t going to pay top 5 at that position.

I think the drafting of hill was partly their contingency plan. The message being we have your replacement in house. Sign on our terms or eventually sign elsewhere.

I’m positive the will lock up burrow when necessary. Chase as well. I won’t be surprised if they draft a wr somewhat early in the next two drafts to replace Boyd or possibly Higgins. One will most likely have to.

This obviously doesn’t factor in injury

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Well if he doesn’t sign the tag and sits out camp I really hope Dax takes his spot.

Let’s see if he gets to be the highest paid safety in the league when a rookie puts him on the bench all year, the big baby.
Reply/Quote