Sign long term contract
Trade for draft pick and/or player
Other
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bates cryptic tweet?
(07-15-2022, 10:05 AM)wcu Wrote: 100%

Considering the upcoming Burrow, Chase and (hopefully) Higgins extensions alone, there's no way they can afford to break the bank on Bates. 

And Logan Wilson extension. He’s a big piece to the defense
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2022, 07:57 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: “Stay down.  Stay Grounded”. #justbelieve”

A couple days ago….from Jesse Bates lll on Twitter.  

It’s the final day Bates could get a long term contract.  I’m curious the pulse of the community on here.

What would be your WISH.  I won’t go in to details like “you can’t have Tee if you sign him”, because that just isn’t true.  There are ways to make it work.  

I’m going with sign long term contract.  He is a coach on the field on the defensive side of the ball and showed he can be near dominant against the best of the best.  He’s just 25.

Do I think that it will happen?  Sadly, no.  I bet he just signs the tag and might face it again next year.

But what I’m asking the board is what would you most like to see happen?

What would I like to see happen? I would like to see Jessie humble himself and sign and extension and become a great 
tackler with his range. Love how he played in the Playoffs and the SuperBowl, hope he plays like that from here on out if
what I liked to see happened.

I don't see this happening though, I think he will play on the Tag and he moves on next year and Dax and Tycen end up 
being the Safeties of the future who I have even higher hopes for than what we have currently. I wanted Bates when we 
drafted him and was surprised we took him in the 2nd round cause he had tackling questions and still does.

I like Dax Hill's upside much better than I did Bates and he doesn't have these questions.
Reply/Quote
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Turns out it was 4 million total not 4m a year.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2022, 02:37 PM)jj22 Wrote:

I bet this came from Bate's agent because it is kind of deceptive.

Technically if Bates signs a long term deal his salary for 2022 is not fully guaranteed, but he gets paid even if he goes on IR with a season ending injury.  So it is pretty damn close to guaranteed.

So the Bengals could be offering a $17.5 million fully guaranteed signing bonus that he would get this year IN ADDITION TO his annual salary which is also pretty much guaranteed.

And that sounds about in line with the amount of guaranteed money the Bengals have given some of their other players.

Reader........... $20.5 
Boyd.............. $17.3
Hendrickson... $16
Waynes.......... $15
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2022, 02:38 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Turns out it was 4 million total not 4m a year.

$4 million total guaranteed.
Reply/Quote