Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bates makes PFF Midseason All Pro Team
From their write up:

Things haven’t been going too well for Cincinnati's defense in 2020, but Jessie Bates III is still making plays all over the field — far more than a player at his position has any business making.

Bates already has a pair of interceptions as well as eight pass breakups, leading all safeties. It doesn’t capture the full effect of his coverage (more often helping out other coverages than being in primary coverage himself), but throws targeted at Bates are generating a mere 22.1 passer rating so far this year.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-pff-2020-midseason-all-pro-team
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
He's been a monster.
Reply/Quote
They named Frank Ragnow second team All Pro at center. Missing out on him is going to haunt us for the next decade...

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2020, 08:01 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They named Frank Ragnow second team All Pro at center. Missing out on him is going to haunt us for the next decade...

He was the lineman I wanted most in that draft, followed by James Daniels who went to the Bears. Price was a distant third for me of those 3.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2020, 09:40 AM)tBengal Wrote: He was the lineman I wanted most in that draft, followed by James Daniels who went to the Bears. Price was a distant third for me of those 3.

As it turned out the second best Center from that draft class was Cardinals 3rd round pick Mason Cole out of Michigan.

To the OP: Bates has been outstanding on the year and it's even more impressive with the lack of quality pass rush.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Damn Jesse! I knew he'd been balling out, but had no idea it was THAT good. He's already very good, but he's going to going to be a great one if he continues on this trajectory.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2020, 11:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: From their write up:

Things haven’t been going too well for Cincinnati's defense in 2020, but Jessie Bates III is still making plays all over the field — far more than a player at his position has any business making.

Bates already has a pair of interceptions as well as eight pass breakups, leading all safeties. It doesn’t capture the full effect of his coverage (more often helping out other coverages than being in primary coverage himself), but throws targeted at Bates are generating a mere 22.1 passer rating so far this year.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-pff-2020-midseason-all-pro-team

This guy is good man. Get a pass rush and his interceptions will just go up, he is a ballhawk with great instincts.
Reply/Quote
Nice
Reply/Quote
This kid is amazing. What's even crazier is the defense around him is so bad and he still shines somehow..
Reply/Quote