Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Athletic Top 100 Players of All Time - Munoz 12th
I’m reading through the list right now and I see that they have Larry Allen at #45. Why is that relevant to the Bengals? Well, I’ve gotten into multiple arguments with fans of other teams over years about Munoz being the GOAT offensive lineman over Allen. Thought it was interesting they have them ranked so far apart. Personally, I never thought it was that close since Munoz played LT.

The top 11 haven’t been named yet, but the Munoz write-up is really good. I highly recommend it if you have The Athletic.

https://theathletic.com/2786115/2021/08/28/nfl-100-at-no-12-anthony-munozs-greatness-only-continued-after-his-bengals-career/
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Top 11 has to be a lot of skill guys & QBs. I do not have the athletic.

QBs: Brady, Unitas, Montana + maybe Elway/Marino/Manning.
RBs: Brown, Payton
WR: Rice

IDK who else? Reggie White? Lawrence Taylor? Deion?
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 01:15 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Top 11 has to be a lot of skill guys & QBs. I do not have the athletic.

QBs: Brady, Unitas, Montana + maybe Elway/Marino/Manning.
RBs: Brown, Payton
WR: Rice

IDK who else? Reggie White? Lawrence Taylor? Deion?

Deion Sanders was 28.  Dan Marino was 19th. Elway was 15th  Otto Graham was 11th.

You've got the likely 9 out 10 of the remaining.

Dick Butkus hasn't been ranked. I can't see a top 100 without him on it

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Thanks for the update. USA Today did a top 100 that I oooked at after you posted. One surprise was no 1970s Dolphins in the top 100? That team went to 3 straight SBs, winning 2, perfect one year, and no one? Larry Little? Csonka? Griese? Paul Warfield?

Did the Athletic have a Dolphin outside of Marino?
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 03:09 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Thanks for the update. USA Today did a top 100 that I oooked at after you posted. One surprise was no 1970s Dolphins in the top 100? That team went to 3 straight SBs, winning 2, perfect one year, and no one? Larry Little? Csonka? Griese?  Paul Warfield?

Did the Athletic have a Dolphin outside of Marino?

Warfield was 75 and was the only other Dolphin player

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote