Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bates talks about contract 9/13

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I really don't know if he should get top Safety money, but its close. And if that's what it takes then pay the man.
Reply/Quote
Kind of silly to say the team "wouldn't pay him".  

Should have said the team "wouldn't pay him more than any other safety in the league".
Reply/Quote
Dude should have signed the deal, he has no leverage. He'll be franchise tagged the next two years.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 04:14 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Dude should have signed the deal, he has no leverage. He'll be franchise tagged the next two years.

He will get a long term deal from the Bengals next year.
Reply/Quote
I love Bates, but he’s been on a bottom 5 defense since he got here. I know he can’t save the whole D, but I just can’t see him being the top paid safety in the NFL when the Defense is more often than not, terrible. Definitely ONE of the top safeties, just not THE top.
Reply/Quote
I love Bates, I love his play and his attitude. Having said that, he is not at a point where he should be the top paid safety in the league. Top 5? Absolutely, but if he is looking to be the guy that sets the market with his deal, that isn't going to work.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This is how negotiations go, you can't take them personal.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 06:00 PM)Au165 Wrote: This is how negotiations go, you can't take them personal.

Well…he is.

https://theathletic.com/news/jessie-bates-pissed-off-about-lack-of-new-deal-from-bengals/a4VtLcAOLGw2

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 06:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well…he is.

https://theathletic.com/news/jessie-bates-pissed-off-about-lack-of-new-deal-from-bengals/a4VtLcAOLGw2

That’s fine, that is why people have agents. Good ones will tell them not to take it personal but to each their own. The fact of the matter is they can tag him multiple years meaning he owns little leverage. At the end of the day the deal will get done I’m sure and everyone will be friendly again.

Players get tagged then signed all the time by all sorts of teams, it’s not a big deal but I’m sure he’s love to have his money now.
Reply/Quote
If he gets pissy and takes it to the field like he did yesterday then let’s keep stringing him on lol.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 07:58 PM)Au165 Wrote: That’s fine, that is why people have agents. Good ones will tell them not to take it personal but to each their own. The fact of the matter is they can tag him multiple years meaning he owns little leverage. At the end of the day the deal will get done I’m sure and everyone will be friendly again.

Players get tagged then signed all the time by all sorts of teams, it’s not a big deal but I’m sure he’s love to have his money now.

I’d actually like to see the numbers for how often players end up re-signing after being tagged. It seems to me they end up waking more often than not.

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 08:26 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: If he gets pissy and takes it to the field like he did yesterday then let’s keep stringing him on lol.

Man, I sure as hell wouldn’t look forward to playing against Bates and Bell if I was an opposing ball carrier. They were lighting guys up yesterday.

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 09:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Man, I sure as hell wouldn’t look forward to playing against Bates and Bell if I was an opposing ball carrier. They were lighting guys up yesterday.

Ya I’m waiting for the eventual non legit personal foul call. Those two dudes are hitting guys so hard some ref is gonna crap his pants and throw the flag.
Reply/Quote
At least Jessie is pissed off in a good way, and says he is going to go out there and prove he's worth what he wants, and not just be sulking around waiting to go somewhere else. I have total respect for him. He takes being a Captain to heart. And you just know JSS is dreading week after next.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 09:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’d actually like to see the numbers for how often players end up re-signing after being tagged. It seems to me they end up waking more often than not.

I doubt we tag him. Bengals have long history of paying to keep their best young players.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 09:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’d actually like to see the numbers for how often players end up re-signing after being tagged. It seems to me they end up waking more often than not.

our numbers or the leagues?

Last person i can remember us tagging and getting an extension for was Nuggent.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 08:26 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: If he gets pissy and takes it to the field like he did yesterday then let’s keep stringing him on lol.

keep them hungry 
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2021, 10:50 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: our numbers or the leagues?

Whole league.

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2021, 10:50 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: our numbers or the leagues?

We tagged Rudi Johnson and then resigned him. But i doubt we tag Bates. Bengals usually don't do that. 
Reply/Quote