Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bates texted Geno Atkins asking him to come back for the playoffs
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 09:17 PM)Trademark Wrote:

Dehner followed this up by saying that Geno wasn’t coming back. He did say that Cincinnati will be adding someone this week.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 09:20 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Dehner followed this up by saying that Geno wasn’t coming back. He did say that Cincinnati will be adding someone this week.

Since Bates isn't involved in roster decisions, it really didn't need to be followed up on, did it?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 09:41 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Since Bates isn't involved in roster decisions, it really didn't need to be followed up on, did it?

No, it did not.
Reply/Quote
You don’t just walk back on an NFL football field.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 10:08 PM)michaelsean Wrote: You don’t just walk back on an NFL football field.

Eric Weddle unretires to play for the Rams in the playoffs.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33050141/safety-eric-weddle-unretires-joins-los-angeles-rams-playoffs
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 10:12 PM)Destro Wrote: Eric Weddle unretires to play for the Rams in the playoffs.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33050141/safety-eric-weddle-unretires-joins-los-angeles-rams-playoffs

I guess you can
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Now is the time!!

Do it today!!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/jessie-bates-wants-bengals-to-sign-geno-atkins-amid-onslaught-of-d-line-injuries/ar-AASQb7m
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 09:20 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Dehner followed this up by saying that Geno wasn’t coming back. He did say that Cincinnati will be adding someone this week.

I wonder who this could be? I have no idea who is out there and healthy at this moment...

Geno evidently is done, must of screwed up that shoulder bad.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 10:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I wonder who this could be? I have no idea who is out there and healthy at this moment...

Probably stealing a practice squad guy. I'd like to see our young guys get called up. Let's see what they can do
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 10:34 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: Probably stealing a practice squad guy. I'd like to see our young guys get called up. Let's see what they can do

I forgot who we got besides Shelvin honestly. Shelvin looked overweight in the Stains game.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 10:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I forgot who we got besides Shelvin honestly. Shelvin looked overweight in the Stains game.

True I was mostly thinkin of Shelvin. What is up with Tupou?
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 11:08 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: True I was mostly thinkin of Shelvin. What is up with Tupou?

MCL... week to week,
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 10:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I wonder who this could be? I have no idea who is out there and healthy at this moment...

He was medically cleared, but never signed anywhere. The thought is he just simply retired. It would be awesome if he did come back and the team won a playoff game for him.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 12:01 AM)Wyche Wrote: He was medically cleared, but never signed anywhere. The thought is he just simply retired. It would be awesome if he did come back and the team won a playoff game for him.

Would love that. Geno is one of my fave Bengal players of all time. Best DT we have ever had besides Krumrie.

Best pass rushing DT we have ever had that is for sure.
Reply/Quote
Locked on Podcast just talked about this. No one knows the shape Geno is in or if he will respond to Bates.

Another memory they brought up was that year where we faced Houston in the playoffs and Jay Gruden literally game planned the offense to purposely not target AJ Green for the whole first half. Do yall remember that shit, and how mad we got when it came out that the actual gameplan was to ignore AJ
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 12:03 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Would love that. Geno is one of my fave Bengal players of all time. Best DT we have ever had besides Krumrie.

Best pass rushing DT we have ever had that is for sure.

Maybe I am just in love with Geno but I dont actually remember there being pass rusher DTs in the league before Geno at a high clip. Then after Geno players I think became comfortable being rushers from that spot and now we have alot of DTs that rush
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 12:08 AM)Housh Wrote: Maybe I am just in love with Geno but I dont actually remember there being pass rusher DTs in the league before Geno at a high clip. Then after Geno players I think became comfortable being rushers from that spot and now we have alot of DTs that rush

Geno was Aaron Donald's favorite player when he was at Notre Dame.

Geno Atkins was truly a generational player as a pass rushing DT. Warren Sapp was pretty good before him though.

There are many others but I never saw a DT just throw Guards and Centers into the QB like Geno did lol
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 12:07 AM)Housh Wrote: Locked on Podcast just talked about this. No one knows the shape Geno is in or if he will respond to Bates.

Another memory they brought up was that year where we faced Houston in the playoffs and Jay Gruden literally game planned the offense to purposely not target AJ Green for the whole first half. Do yall remember that shit, and how mad we got when it came out that the actual gameplan was to ignore AJ

Yes and that is what I don't ever want to see happen to Chase.

You don't ignore one of your best weapons on a theory.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 12:08 AM)Housh Wrote: Maybe I am just in love with Geno but I dont actually remember there being pass rusher DTs in the league before Geno at a high clip. Then after Geno players I think became comfortable being rushers from that spot and now we have alot of DTs that rush

Sapp
Cortez Kennedy
John Randle
Dana Stubblefield
Bryant Young
Wilkinson (never had less than 5 sacks in his first 6 years)

Just off the top of my head, surely there are many more.

Then the Vikings and Bears had Page, Vikes had Larson, Rams had Olsen, they just started to become more-prolific in the mid-90s.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote