Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bates texted Geno Atkins asking him to come back for the playoffs
(01-17-2022, 12:37 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Sapp
Cortez Kennedy
John Randle
Dana Stubblefield
Bryant Young
Wilkinson (never had less than 5 sacks in his first 6 years)

Just off the top of my head, surely there are many more.

Then the Vikings and Bears had Page, Vikes had Larson, Rams had Olsen, they just started to become more-prolific in the mid-90s.

Yes, there are many others. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 10:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Shelvin looked overweight in the Stains game.
In other news, water is wet lol.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 12:53 AM)Dr.Z Wrote: In other news, water is wet lol.

Dude was huge man. Thought I was looking at King Kong on the field or somethin'.
Reply/Quote
FWIW, Geno posted on FB today. He was playing in the snow with his kids, and they were wearing Bengals gear. I was under the impression that he'd settled down in Miami.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 12:56 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Dude was huge man. Thought I was looking at King Kong on the field or somethin'.
Lol , I totally got what you meant my friend, just thought it sounded funny on first glance and had to hit that one off the tee
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 12:56 AM)samhain Wrote: FWIW, Geno posted on FB today.  He was playing in the snow with his kids, and they were wearing Bengals gear.  I was under the impression that he'd settled down in Miami.

There is no snow in Miami! Mellow
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 12:58 AM)Dr.Z Wrote: Lol , I totally got what you meant my friend, just thought it sounded funny on first glance and had to hit that one off the tee

Of course it sounded funny, it was meant to sound funny. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 12:37 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: John Randle

Monster in the middle of Vikings line.

"Undersized" like Geno but absolutely unstoppable.  Nine seasons with 10+ sacks.  Six time First Team All Pro.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 12:56 AM)samhain Wrote: FWIW, Geno posted on FB today.  He was playing in the snow with his kids, and they were wearing Bengals gear.  I was under the impression that he'd settled down in Miami.

Probably lives in Georgia, maybe the Atlanta area. Georgia received a bunch of snow over the past couple of days. 
Reply/Quote

So what you're saying his he is already in the 'Nati..... Ninja
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 09:20 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Dehner followed this up by saying that Geno wasn’t coming back. He did say that Cincinnati will be adding someone this week.

Who is available out there to add?  
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 12:34 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Who is available out there to add?  

someone pointed out that former Bengal Andrew Billings is available.  He was waived by Cleveland in Nov picked up by Miami 3 days later for their PS, so he should still be in shape.  There are also other DTs sitting on practice squads all over the NFL

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Khalil McKenzie was on the Ravens practice squad at the end of the year, but he signed a "future/reserve contract" last week.

What the hell is a "future/reserve contract"?

Can we sign him?
Reply/Quote
Thought Bates had a decent game Saturday
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 12:47 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Thought Bates had a decent game Saturday

Was probably one of his best games this year. If he turns it on the rest of the way like this, then maybe he will earn a solid contract.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 12:50 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Was probably one of his best games this year.  If he turns it on the rest of the way like this, then maybe he will earn a solid contract.

When it counted too
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 12:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Khalil McKenzie was on the Ravens practice squad at the end of the year, but he signed a "future/reserve contract" last week.

What the hell is a "future/reserve contract"?

Can we sign him?

future reserve contracts go into effect the first day of the next NFL year

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote