Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DNC: we don’t want to recruit any cis gendered white males
(10-31-2017, 09:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not really. If I can show a race is equally represented in a particular field (ie 15% of white males are employed as a conductor and 14% of black males are employed as a conductor, you cannot say it is slanted if Whites make up 75% of conductors). The demographic is represented in proportion. 

The way you would look at it skews the data

If the data shows White males make up 75% of conductors then stating White males make up 75% of the conductors skews the data?
(10-31-2017, 10:55 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: If the data shows White males make up 75% of conductors then stating White males make up 75% of the conductors skews the data?

Sure it does, when you are trying to make a case for unfair hiring practices based on the percentage of employees of a certain race that work in a profession.  If 30 percent of Blacks are conductors and 30 percent of whites are conductors then the fact that 75% of conductors are white is moot unless you look at only the 75% in a vaccum (aka skew) 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-31-2017, 10:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sure it does, when you are trying to make a case for unfair hiring practices based on the percentage of employees of a certain race that work in a profession.  If 30 percent of Blacks are conductors and 30 percent of whites are conductors then the fact that 75% of conductors are white is moot unless you look at only the 75% in a vaccum (aka skew) 

When did I make a case for unfair hiring practices based upon a single percentage? I merely pointed out you're interpreting those graphs incorrectly.

You're the one making the case of unfair hiring practices without knowing the ratios at the place doing the hiring and claiming they should hire less Asians based on those graphs without knowing how many Asians actually work there IOT determine both the ratio among the races and overall percentage. In other words, your looking at those graphs in a vacuum.

Okay, what's the ratio of white males at the DNC?